December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Pressed Powders - Cle de Peau - Perfect Enhancing Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I am not usually a fan of makeup products because my skin is rather intolerant of many mica and talc based formulations, apart from mineral makeup I have rarely strayed to try other mainstream brands.

I got this in shade #71, a pale yellow colour - an enticement for me because there are very few companies that make high quality powders in shades which compliment my medium yellow/olive undertones. This transparent shade does not leave any noticeable yellow hues at all, but rather works to neutralise my pink areas and highlights and "brightens" my normal skin tone.

I use this as a finishing powder on top of either a silicon based makeup primer, or just Jurlique silk dust. I have combination skin, with an oily t zone - my worst fear with talc based finishing powders is that they will not be able to hold shine and eventually becomes powdery and "itchy" on my skin after several hours. With the product layering I used, I did not experience any of that uncomfortable heavy feeling after several hours of use, I did have some mild oil breakthrough, but I just blotted and reapplied - instant perfection.

This powder does nothing to cover pores, so a seperate base is recommended. Coverage is very sheer, but does create a nice healthy glow not unlike the La Mer loose powder, just wait a few minutes for the oils on your face to soften the powder.

Some people can get away with using mainstream brands, and their skin looks flawless with any sort of finishing powder. But I am rather particular about the mill of powders, and I prefer my finishing powders to be ultra fine - CdP does an excellent job of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in a very light bronze shade. Too light to use as an actual bronzer on me but nice as a highligher. I've had this product for about a year and a half, and while i used it a lot when i got it, I rarely reach for it now. I love CDP's products, but this one isn't my favorite. Given the price, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Poudre Sublimatrice Parfaite in 73, which is a bronze color and I love love LOVE it! It is the best and most natural looking bronzer I have ever encountered. It has, for the most part replaced my blushes --and gives my face a healthy sun-kissed glow, which is the point of blush anyway, right? So easy to apply --just using the small powder puff to pat on where desired. I never apply too much with the applicator. The container is purse-sized and easy to travel with, especially as the powder is pressed. Although I use it most days for over a year now, I don't yet see any holes appearing in the bottom, so just a little obviously goes a long way. I'll never use any other bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by aried

The powder itself is very fine and light. I had the yellow one and it works great on my skin tone. It sets good, does not look obvious, nor cakes. You do have to buy the case separately, but that is the inexpensive part. Another trick the MA at the counter showed me is to lightly powder under the eyes to counteract dark circles. This works great with the beige concealer if it's on the pinkish side for you. Very nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by piripiri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in a mottled Yellow shade and it is the finest pressed powder I have used. As advertised, it helps with the transition between natural and artificial light. The only negative is the packaging. Refills and compact are sold separately and the compact is actually a plastic, screw top jar that is much too bulky. It does, however hold a nice (but small) powder puff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is a matte highlighting powder, comes in 4 shades. I have it in #70, a light pink shade with specks of lavender in it. Goes on very sheer though, brightens your skin up. The other shades are a more yellow one, and the other 2 are more bronzy I believe. This works great on this PPP. Like it better than T-Leclerc Orchidee, which is a pressed pink powder aswell. Also, refills are cheaper than buying the whole compact. Compared to the prices of the other Cle de peau items, this one was not too bad, (considering), was about$50.00 Canadian for refill.