MAC Plum Dandy (frost-from Pop Mode)

4.2

on 11/23/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just bought this, and it is such a gorgeous lipstick. A slightly pinky medium plum with bronze/ golden shimmer that's not frosty in a dated or tacky way; the frost is very soft, and gives this luscious dimension to your lips. This goes perfectly with Plum lip pencil, and when worn together, I have actually received compliments from several men on my lipcolor (from "that's cool... it's like a copper shimmer over purple" to "your lipstick is really pretty today"). I have medium/ tanned skin and green eyes, but this is a lipstick that truly will look good on many skintones and eye colors. I had to go to three different MAC counters in NYC to buy this, and now I know why it was sold out. Another winner from MAC!

on 3/18/2013 6:38:00 AM

Great lipstick. I have very pigmented lips so this is very subtle on my lips. Gives a beautiful plum colour with golden shimmer. Very nice!

Love this & always get compliments when wearing it.
Very flattering to fair complexions. lasts 3-4 hours and not very drying (similar to other mac lipsticks).
Adds some oomph to your face without being over the top.

I keep buying this lipstick over and over. It is extremely flattering on me, I'm very pale and cool-toned but I think it would work on a lot of complexions. Lasts a long time. Subtle but not nude.
Plum Dandy is a frost but not overly-frosted.

on 5/27/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is 'my lips but better' color.It has a frost finish so it has this nice sheen. Its OK for everyday use but doesn't really gives a wow look to your lips.

on 3/29/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a MAC NC20. I got this color as I originally loved it, but I then realized...I usually wear glosses and never a color this deep unless I'm layering it with a lighter gloss. I don't typically feel comfortable in darker lipsticks...
Color is a medium raspberry with gold undertones. Its really very nice, so I need to start reaching for it more.

on 3/9/2011 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this in a Holiday set a couple years ago and never really could get used to it. I loved the shade but it was too dark for my fair skin. Lately though instead of tossing it I tried it out again and this time I applied more than a couple applications and blotted till very little was left. What I saw then made me fall in love with the shade. My lips were my natural color but oomphed up a smidge with a little mauve and there was a nice gold sheen. I applied a gloss over that and it was a gorgeous your-lips-but-better shade! I have a new favorite lipstick! Giving this a 4 since it's not perfect as it requires some work for the desired effect.

on 3/5/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I generally go for extremely pale shades, because whenever I'm doing full war-paint, my eyes are extremely bright. This one is definitely dark on my NC15 face, and the gold frost isn't exactly what I should be wearing, but I loved the shade so much that I couldn't resist. I think it looks rather keen when applied. The only problem is that it fades so incredibly fast. I get about an hour out of it before I have to reapply. This isn't a big deal for me at all, but I can see how it would be for other people.

on 11/14/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not my cup of tea. This is a plummy colour with subtle gold frost. Very elegant but I'm not a straight plum colour fan. Though this looks good under a bright red lippie for toning down purposes. The mix creates a lovely sophisticated maroon hue, though by itself it kinda makes me gag lol

on 9/11/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I adore the color, it is just beautiful. However, it stays on for about 30 minutes and then I have to keep reapplying. I experienced the same with "O" as well. I love the lighter colors like Viva Glam V....it stays on. This went back to the store.

Popular Lipsticks