Burt's Bees Lavender Mint Toothpaste [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/23/2008 2:09:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I have no clue why people like this product so much! I dont like it one bit, it didnt clean my teeth, no help at all. I t was a waist of time, i love other BB items but not this one. This one did not clean my teeth at all! But after I brush with my Colgate total then I use BB lavendar toothpaste and it polishes my teeth ok 'ish'.

on 3/25/2008 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I MISS this!!!! Along with the cinnamint toothpaste. They were all I used. I cant find a toothpaste as awesome as this was. It was truly chemical free. I wish it was still around for my nieces. I use toms and love it but not like this. This left my teeth super smooth and my gums feeling healthy. I need it again!

on 4/1/2007 6:08:00 PM

OK. In fantasyawesomeperfectland, there is a natural toothpaste out there that really works. But only in fantasyawesomeperfectland. I got my hopes up for this, and when I started using it, could accept that it didn't leave my teeth as "squeaky clean" feeling as my old toothpaste. I liked how it tasted - while it's unusual, it wasn't "flavored" with weird chemicals like most toothpastes, I guess. But I didn't notice over time how grody my teeth were getting until my tube ran out - which happened pretty fast, by the way - maybe there's not as much in there as it looks? Anyway, my teeth had accumulated some pretty bad stains by then. Bought my regular Crest when I ran out and within a few brushes, bam - most stains gone. So maybe if you used Burt's Bees once or twice a day and still brushed once a day with a "regular" toothpaste, you'd be OK. But it is completely and utterly mediocre. I just don't feel like it's even worth brushing with it when my teeth end up looking awful anyway - and I don' think it really took care of my gums, either. Yuck.

on 3/13/2007 11:32:00 PM

I've tried other clay toothpastes before and they were horrible tasting, but I find Burt's Bees toothpaste to be pretty tasty. I use it, but not all the time because I get nervous and feel like I have to go back and use a toothpaste with fluoride and whitening and all that... But Burt's Bees toothpaste actually makes my teeth feel cleaner. Like squeaky clean.

on 8/7/2006 7:47:00 PM

BLECH! I am surprised to see so many people digging this toothpaste. But that's good because I like everything else BB does. However, this not so much. Tastes terrible and doesn't leave my mouth feeling clean at all, just like I tried to eat my way through a windowbox full of herbs.

on 3/30/2006 2:55:00 AM

I am a HUGE oral-health FANATIC. I've used Rembrandt toothpaste for years. I don't even know what made me decide to try this, but I'm so happy I did! At first, the taste and texture are a bit strange. Since this is natural, it doesn't foam (but it doesn't sting the crap out of your mouth either!) After about 2 uses, I was hooked! This not only cleans better than the Rembrandt, it keeps your mouth feeling clean longer! My "morning breath" has seriously diminished and I still feel somewhat "clean" in the morning. I still use my Rembrandt after my mid-morning coffee (old habits die hard!) but it's immediately followed by a scrub with this. I've now started my kids on this and they love it too!

on 2/11/2006 1:59:00 PM

I love this toothpaste! I think it cleans my teeth the best out of any other toothpastes I've tried (even some Tom's Of Maine). I don't think it smells or tastes bad, in fact to me if doesn't taste like anything really. It's all natural, doesn't have fluoride, and I like that I can recycle the tube, so it's great to me!

on 1/19/2006 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a sample size of this, and gave it a try. At first, it seemed strange to put chalk and clay into my mouth. I got used to it. It really leaves your mouth fresh and tingly like other toothpaste, but it doesn't foam as much. It cleaned fine, and I didn't miss the sugar or burning sensation from regular toothpaste. I will keep this little tube for travel. I will likely purchase a full size. This way, I don't have a bunch of lathering chemicals in my mouth several times per day. Here are the ingredients: Filtered water, vegetable glycerin, calcium carbonate (chalk), bentonite (natural clay), ratany root extract, peppermint oil, spearmint oil, anise oil, sage oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, geranium oil, lavender oil, clove stem oil zanzibar, yucca extract, xanthan gum (natural thickener), menthol UPDATE: I love their Cinna Mint toothpaste even better! It has baking soda to help scrub and clean your teeth. That one is my HG toothpaste :)

on 12/29/2005 10:25:00 AM

I like the taste. The mini pack is good to keep in your purse, but this isn't my at home toothpaste. It makes for a refreshing change. (I LOVE TOOTHPASTES!)

on 10/9/2005 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, this toothpaste is not purple. I would consider it a putty color and it did not stain my sink at all. I also didn't really taste lavender. I don't usually eat lavender so I can't tell you I know what it tastes like. I tasted mint and this toothpaste left my teeth smooth and clean. I really liked it. Yes, it is a bit different than your typical toothpaste, but then what else do you expect? It's all natural and that is what I love about it.

Popular Other Products