December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Toners - L'Occitane - Immortelle Essential Water for Face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by alina08

While this is a gentle toner with a pleasant fragrance, I do not find that there is any benefit to using this toner. It also has a lot of synthetic ingredients for a brand that is supposed to be more natural. This is an okay spray to freshen up throughout the day, but I prefer to use something with more actives so that I can derive more of a benefit from my skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

L'OCCitane is one of my favourite brands for a lot of different reasons.

Firstly, their fragrances are phenomenal products that I can wear for day, night, and during exercise sessions. Cherry Blossom, Pivione Flora, and their Rose fragrances are all satisfying perfumes from their packaging to the actual natural scents that they release.
Secondly, their hand creams are better than eye cream on the lips. That may sound weird, but truly the ingredients they use to maintain that creamy texture is cleverly extracted into a tube.
And of course, their skin care, which roots their entire brand's reputation.

Pricey stuff but unlike a lot of other brands, the products are made to last and do well on specific skin types, making a very diverse selection to choose from. Out of their skincare, their toners are my FAVOURITE. I haven't tried any of their cleansers or many of their creams, so I cannot rate their toners being the best of the brand, but they're truly amazing.

Now that I got the introduction out of the way...
PROS:
* tightening effect: amazing pore minimizing overtime.
* brightening effect in seconds: lasts overtime.
* helps remove some makeup, just like all their other toners (Shea Butter, especially).
* claims are all correct!: removes makeup? Residue, yes. Makes skin feel and look smooth and plump? Instantly and overtime. Purifying and mattifying? There is NO BETTER PRODUCT OUT THERE than this. Alcohol-free? Well... slightly drying, but that's a good thing to know.

CONS:
* may dry out drier skin types (a good cream is required afterwards).
* slightly pricier and may not last you a very long time (full bottle, approx. 4 months).

Toner is made for...
... those who want a cleansing toner.
... those who want a whitening product.
... those who have oilier skin types.
... those with a tolerance for fragrance on the skin.
... those who wear makeup and requires a double cleanser.

NOTES:
* dry skin CAN use this, I have, and with a good cream over it, my skin does not feel irritated whatsoever but without a good cream or even some moisturizer, my skin does feel itchy.
* use with a cotton pad, do not tap into the skin or else nothing will be cleansed (this toner is NOT for moisturizing purposes and patting = for moisturizing products).
* sensitive skins can definitely use this, but this does have fragrance so be cautious and try out a smaller sample from their store gift boxes.

I'm all about trying new things, so repurchasing a product is VERY RARE of me. Lovely product, but I want to try more from other brands in case I find a great product that's cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by HoneypieMommy

I like this product, I like how it feels on my skin, how my skin looks & it doesn't break me out. I have the little spray bottle & I like to spray it right on my face. However I do not like the smell, I almost find if offensive, the smell does fade as it dries but for this reason alone I will not be buying another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by tomatotooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product. I use this as a toner after cleansing and it hydrates my skin really well and feels very comfortable. My dehydration lines have almost gone!! I haven't broken out at all from using this; in fact, I think that it has helped me with controlling the spots that I get!

The smell may appeal to some, but it smells a little 'old' for me as it reminds me of the skincare products my mom uses. Nevertheless, it is a pleasant smell.

I wish the product came in a spray bottle but given how amazing this essential water is, it isn't much of a deterrent.

At 18 pounds for 200ml it is worth the money. I used to think that toners were quite useless and a step to skip in my skincare routine but I am really pleased with this product. Highly recommended and deserving of the great ratings here on makeupalley!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the reviews here I took the plunge & bought a big botttle of this stuff (I love that L'Occitane still have glass bottles, BTW). Boy, am I glad I did! This stuff has been like holy water for my very dehydrated, sensitised skin. It is really softening and calming & is brilliant for dehydration.
I use it 2 ways: On cotton pads after cleansing, or from a spray bottle. I have decanted some into 2 small spray bottles, one for home use & one I keep in the office. I can't stop using this stuff. I use it am & pm and also through the day. I adore the smell and it really softens & firms my dehyrated, crepy skin during the day while keeping my makeup looking fresh.
I have used many, many toners over the past 20+ years and have never found one so gentle that actually soothes & calms my skin at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sandiego525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner! I find myself wanting to tone for longer periods of time because it's just so nice. Gentle but effective. This may become a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put this stuff on at the end of the day, before my moisturizer ....or I put it on in the morning, sometimes INSTEAD of soap, because my skin had already been cleansed and taken care of the previous night. My skin is so clear, so plush, so smooth, and so moisturized. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by aGirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this toner!! I never knew a toner could be so moisturizing.

The first toner I ever used was from the Shiseido Pureness line. I used that for a few years and went through a few bottles. I think that one might have anti-acne properties, which was why my mom bought it for me because I used to have terrible acne. Then that was getting too expensive, so I started using random Japanse products--my mom is convinced that Japanese skin calls for Japanese products, heh. Then I think i started using rose water [forgot the brand but it comes in a spray bottle and I like to use it as a make up setter/refresher]. Then my mom gave this BEAUTIFUL product to me because she said it wasn't anti aging enough for her haha.

The scent is mild, but I don't think it's that great. It's not a harsh scent. It's just...I'm not sure how to describe it. Almost like a drowsy scent...It comes in a dark blue plastic bottle, which is awesome for short or long travel. Again, it's hydrating/moisturizing and I love it. I put some on a cotton square and pat/rub lightly all over my face. I will definitely repurchase. I no longer have bad acne problems, so you shouldn't get it if that's what you're looking for in a toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the toner I've been searching for! Thanks for this toner, I have skin is smoother than ever and hydrated. I love the radiant glow on my face and I will keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sure hope they have a refill bag for this product, if not I guess I have to rebuy this water toner, but I love it i use the brightening water toner, No witch hazel and No alcohol in it, my skin loves it, no redness and No dryness, a definitely plus for me to rebuy again, i wish they would reduce there prices and enlarge there bottle sizes.