July 22, 2014 | 2038 users online

Toners - L'Occitane - Immortelle Essential Water for Face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by tomatotooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product. I use this as a toner after cleansing and it hydrates my skin really well and feels very comfortable. My dehydration lines have almost gone!! I haven't broken out at all from using this; in fact, I think that it has helped me with controlling the spots that I get!

The smell may appeal to some, but it smells a little 'old' for me as it reminds me of the skincare products my mom uses. Nevertheless, it is a pleasant smell.

I wish the product came in a spray bottle but given how amazing this essential water is, it isn't much of a deterrent.

At 18 pounds for 200ml it is worth the money. I used to think that toners were quite useless and a step to skip in my skincare routine but I am really pleased with this product. Highly recommended and deserving of the great ratings here on makeupalley!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the reviews here I took the plunge & bought a big botttle of this stuff (I love that L'Occitane still have glass bottles, BTW). Boy, am I glad I did! This stuff has been like holy water for my very dehydrated, sensitised skin. It is really softening and calming & is brilliant for dehydration.
I use it 2 ways: On cotton pads after cleansing, or from a spray bottle. I have decanted some into 2 small spray bottles, one for home use & one I keep in the office. I can't stop using this stuff. I use it am & pm and also through the day. I adore the smell and it really softens & firms my dehyrated, crepy skin during the day while keeping my makeup looking fresh.
I have used many, many toners over the past 20+ years and have never found one so gentle that actually soothes & calms my skin at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sandiego525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner! I find myself wanting to tone for longer periods of time because it's just so nice. Gentle but effective. This may become a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put this stuff on at the end of the day, before my moisturizer ....or I put it on in the morning, sometimes INSTEAD of soap, because my skin had already been cleansed and taken care of the previous night. My skin is so clear, so plush, so smooth, and so moisturized. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by aGirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this toner!! I never knew a toner could be so moisturizing.

The first toner I ever used was from the Shiseido Pureness line. I used that for a few years and went through a few bottles. I think that one might have anti-acne properties, which was why my mom bought it for me because I used to have terrible acne. Then that was getting too expensive, so I started using random Japanse products--my mom is convinced that Japanese skin calls for Japanese products, heh. Then I think i started using rose water [forgot the brand but it comes in a spray bottle and I like to use it as a make up setter/refresher]. Then my mom gave this BEAUTIFUL product to me because she said it wasn't anti aging enough for her haha.

The scent is mild, but I don't think it's that great. It's not a harsh scent. It's just...I'm not sure how to describe it. Almost like a drowsy scent...It comes in a dark blue plastic bottle, which is awesome for short or long travel. Again, it's hydrating/moisturizing and I love it. I put some on a cotton square and pat/rub lightly all over my face. I will definitely repurchase. I no longer have bad acne problems, so you shouldn't get it if that's what you're looking for in a toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the toner I've been searching for! Thanks for this toner, I have skin is smoother than ever and hydrated. I love the radiant glow on my face and I will keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sure hope they have a refill bag for this product, if not I guess I have to rebuy this water toner, but I love it i use the brightening water toner, No witch hazel and No alcohol in it, my skin loves it, no redness and No dryness, a definitely plus for me to rebuy again, i wish they would reduce there prices and enlarge there bottle sizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased a bottle of this. I must say, I like it, it is mild, refreshing and has a very nice soothing scent. I wanted to use it everyday, but, with my very dry skin it was not so possible as it stinged my skin a bit. However, I don't think this toner is to be blamed, not at all! But it is really my very very dry skin. so if my skin is acting so badly dry then any lotion/toner I put regardless of their mildness still stinged my skin. I think this would be best to use in the summer as it is very refreshing. I like the look of the dark blue bottle, I find it elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Chocomacha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually give my toners a miss but with the Immortelle Essential water, I actually look forward to using it everyday. I like the pleasant scent, it's refreshing and doesn't irritate my skin. It is not something miraculous but i do find that when i use it, my skin looks brighter and less sluggish. It's suppose to help firm up the skin but i have not experienced that yet. Overall it does it's decent job as a toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my second bottle. Enjoy this formula and the newer "brightening" one. So refreshing, cleansing, non-stripping, and yet non-filmy. High quality ingredients. A pleasure to have in my rotation.