September 1, 2014 | 1940 users online

Fragrances - Dana Classic Fragrances - Love's Baby Soft

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read that men like this smell a lot. I think when I am unable to select from my multiple of very fine ones instead of what will cause the least amount of controversy then I spray on some of this. Its like a private joke.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Love's Baby Soft is 1 of my fave inexpensive perfumes. It's very pretty, soft, powdery, & a bit of musk. You can buy it in 2 packs at walmart. I sincerely hope that they never stop making this. It's better in the glass bottles than the cans. I never did wear this growing up but "you're never too old for Loves" lol :) this is irresistible to boys! I will always keep a bottle around. My fave Loves scent is probably the lemon one, but Baby Soft is a classic. Glad it's still available year around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this smelled a little smoother and richer when it was made by Menley & James in the '70s and '80s, but even in its current reformulated Dana version, Loves Baby Soft is a lovely, nose-friendly cologne that can be used very liberally without being intrusive to others. I specifically use the word "cologne," because I think that despite its furiously femme pink color and rather suggestive bottle shape (what's a girl to do with her Love's, exactly?), LBS is as unisex as CK One or Acqua Di Parma... or, perhaps closer, as unisex as baby powder itself (my dad uses that!). As for being a "young" scent, does clean and soft ever not work on a human body?

Lavender and citrus up top, with a tender musky powdery finish, you'll just plain Smell Good in this stuff. And there's a lot to be said for that. It definitely shows its age, in a good way. Makes you realize that even "teen" scents used to contain components of Real Perfume, as opposed to the candied sugarbombs now lining drugstore shelves.

I especially love this over a layer of J & J baby lotion-- lots of compliments at work on that combo. (Not so many on my vintage EL Cinnabar and Chanel No 5... those take more work to appreciate.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by AnnaJackson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You can also move on www.drugpillstore.com this one also very cheap and reliable pharmacy..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up recently at a drugstore for 52 cents with the lotion in a giftset. Yes, 52 cents, after a holiday promotion. I couldn't resist. I remember this when I was a teen-ager and couldn't stomach the ads. I wouldn't wear it back then. Tabu was my preferred flavor of choice as a young teen because it was so much more daring than this. So here I am, revisiting this fragrance, decades later.
Love's Baby Soft is just that with a slight hint of musky spices surrounded by powder. That's what it is and it's longevity is slight. It's a natural scent that won't offend a soul. It's comforting. A scent to go to bed with. A scent to wrap your arms around babies with, an unassuming fragrance to wear.
The sillage isn't there unless you use it as a body spray and it's more of a memory of the 70's than anything else. No need to trash this because those of us who remember the Dana colognes of the 1970's lived that era with our own memories of growing up, some fond and some bittersweet, but memories none the less. Dana colognes will always hold a place on my fragrance shelf for that reason.
We mature and go on to other scents and perfumes and hopefully do not become snobs in the world of fragrances. That is the worst evil, really, I believe. If it smells delightful, if it brings a smile to your face, if it evokes pleasant thoughts or memories, it's worth the money, whether a few dollars or quite a few that you spending. We shouldn't wear the label, we should wear the scent for what it does for us.
Notes: Lavender, Musk, Jasmine, Geranium, Patchouli, Vanilla, Rose.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear and love this scent. I remember when it first came out and it still smells pretty much the same- like baby powder. Since I like powdery scents that's a plus for me. I find it very comforting and its great for those days when I want to wear a snuggly wool or mohair sweater, drink hot tea and mostly keep to myself.
Strangely enough, though, Love's Baby Soft is classified as a fougere, and as a rule that class of scents really turn me off, but not Love's Baby Soft. I will continue to wear and buy this as long as its available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

This was the first perfume I ever got when I was about 10 or 12 in the late 80s. It is a nice powdery scent. I had to buy the 2 pack when I saw they still made it. I was wondering if they did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. When I was a kid my best friend's mom had this, and we'd both sneak spritzes of it because it smelled sooo good. I think I like it because of the nostalgia factor, but... nothing wrong with that. It's pretty concentrated so I only need a spray or too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by gwenwalls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent is timeless. Yes, it's young, but how is smelling sweet and fresh not for everyone? I love it, always will. It's nostalgia, it's sweet, and at 36, I still love this scent. I'll always have a bottle of this stuff. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My body chemistry is not made for this at all, because I can't detect a single floral note or any sweetness whatsoever. There is a musk infused with baby powder scent and, despite the suffocating thickness, I think I'd enjoy it... That is if there wasn't a sharp, sour under-bite to the fragrance. I'm not sure what this unpleasant tang is, so I'll just go with 'herbal', crossed with BO. A cheap version of patchouli, perhaps?

At first I stubbornly kept on wearing it in the hope it'd suddenly transform into the magical blend everyone else seems to enjoy, but it never did change, so all I got were a number of headaches and nausea.

Official scent notes: Geranium, jasmine, rose, lavender, patchouli, vanilla and musk.