April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Fragrances - Dana Classic Fragrances - Love's Baby Soft

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by AnnaJackson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You can also move on www.drugpillstore.com this one also very cheap and reliable pharmacy..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up recently at a drugstore for 52 cents with the lotion in a giftset. Yes, 52 cents, after a holiday promotion. I couldn't resist. I remember this when I was a teen-ager and couldn't stomach the ads. I wouldn't wear it back then. Tabu was my preferred flavor of choice as a young teen because it was so much more daring than this. So here I am, revisiting this fragrance, decades later.
Love's Baby Soft is just that with a slight hint of musky spices surrounded by powder. That's what it is and it's longevity is slight. It's a natural scent that won't offend a soul. It's comforting. A scent to go to bed with. A scent to wrap your arms around babies with, an unassuming fragrance to wear.
The sillage isn't there unless you use it as a body spray and it's more of a memory of the 70's than anything else. No need to trash this because those of us who remember the Dana colognes of the 1970's lived that era with our own memories of growing up, some fond and some bittersweet, but memories none the less. Dana colognes will always hold a place on my fragrance shelf for that reason.
We mature and go on to other scents and perfumes and hopefully do not become snobs in the world of fragrances. That is the worst evil, really, I believe. If it smells delightful, if it brings a smile to your face, if it evokes pleasant thoughts or memories, it's worth the money, whether a few dollars or quite a few that you spending. We shouldn't wear the label, we should wear the scent for what it does for us.
Notes: Lavender, Musk, Jasmine, Geranium, Patchouli, Vanilla, Rose.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear and love this scent. I remember when it first came out and it still smells pretty much the same- like baby powder. Since I like powdery scents that's a plus for me. I find it very comforting and its great for those days when I want to wear a snuggly wool or mohair sweater, drink hot tea and mostly keep to myself.
Strangely enough, though, Love's Baby Soft is classified as a fougere, and as a rule that class of scents really turn me off, but not Love's Baby Soft. I will continue to wear and buy this as long as its available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

This was the first perfume I ever got when I was about 10 or 12 in the late 80s. It is a nice powdery scent. I had to buy the 2 pack when I saw they still made it. I was wondering if they did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. When I was a kid my best friend's mom had this, and we'd both sneak spritzes of it because it smelled sooo good. I think I like it because of the nostalgia factor, but... nothing wrong with that. It's pretty concentrated so I only need a spray or too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by gwenwalls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent is timeless. Yes, it's young, but how is smelling sweet and fresh not for everyone? I love it, always will. It's nostalgia, it's sweet, and at 36, I still love this scent. I'll always have a bottle of this stuff. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My body chemistry is not made for this at all, because I can't detect a single floral note or any sweetness whatsoever. There is a musk infused with baby powder scent and, despite the suffocating thickness, I think I'd enjoy it... That is if there wasn't a sharp, sour under-bite to the fragrance. I'm not sure what this unpleasant tang is, so I'll just go with 'herbal', crossed with BO. A cheap version of patchouli, perhaps?

At first I stubbornly kept on wearing it in the hope it'd suddenly transform into the magical blend everyone else seems to enjoy, but it never did change, so all I got were a number of headaches and nausea.

Official scent notes: Geranium, jasmine, rose, lavender, patchouli, vanilla and musk.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Back when I was little I used to LOVE this perfume,.My mom used to buy them all the time & I loved the way it smelled. I haven't gotten one in years and not too long ago I finally got one. OH MY GOD. I don't know if they changed the scent all together or added new ingedients but it was horrible. The smell was making me want to throw up. It was not the same Baby Soft I remembered.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love's Baby Soft is a treasure forever. If only young teens are to smell good, then yes, it's for teens. I'm in my 50's and wear it whenever I want. I'd rather smell too young than old and musty like some "adult" perfumes make you smell. There are no scents off limits to me. If I like it, I'm wearing it. This is lovely and feminine for young and old alike. I don't care for the scent of baby powder and yet I love this. I think there's an extra something that makes it more than just a baby scent, and that's what I love about it. Fresh air, clean hair, line dried clothing, Love's Baby Soft and sunshine, perfection. This is what I'll be wearing this summer...again!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a coupon just yesterday! I couldn't help it - I LOOOOVE baby scents and this brought me RIGHT BACK to when I was about 13 or 14 when I was allowed to wear light perfumes and this was one of the first ones I wore! It may be too sweet smelling for some but definitely not for me! It may not linger for very long, but man, that powdery scent ROCKS!