October 24, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Lipstick in Mystic Mauve

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mystic mauve is a brown-bronze with a dark mauve sheen.You need a couple coats to make it darker. It stays on fairly long with a lip pencil. Verry unique color! It looks great on bronzed skin! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having a disappointing turnout with the plums fading to pink on me in the Maybelline Color Sensational line, I thought I'd take a chance with Mystic Mauve. It really looks so far from pink or orange, that I gave it a try. On me, it looks like a nice subdued purple plum color with brown and gold undertones. I'm surprised to find this being labeled as cool. There are very few cool colors that look good on me, so I stay with the neutrals most of the time. I didn't have any trouble with Mystic Mauve not staying true or fading to a bright pink or orange. The formula is quite buildable and sheer at first but with a few more swipes I get the color that I want. It looks darker in the tube, but this is typical for the frosty colors to not be as pigmented. There is a hint of perfume. I'm not sure why L'oreal won't get rid of that altogether. But, it doesn't bother me so much that I stop buying the brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been a lip gloss person and not a lipstick person but lately I've been experimenting with lipsticks a lot. I have found that I really like the L'Oreal Color Rich lipsticks because they are creamy and moisturizing. They don't dry out my lips and turn into a mess. I tend to always go for some shade of red or pink sticky, shiny lipgloss so I've been trying to get away from that some. I can pull off deep red and wine lipsticks pretty good so I was scared to try this one. But I actually like it, a LOT! I also bought this in Mica and I love that shade too. This seems to be very neutral. It doesn't have any red or pink to it at all on me. It looks professional, polished, and inviting in my opinion. I would definitely buy it again if something were to happen to this tube or I use it up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shade on me. I have always been a fan of darker brownish colors and this one works great. I don't use this everyday though, most of the time I use it for a night out on the town, which is when I use bolder colors. Very pretty though and glad I purchased it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kmacjp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YAY! Finally, a keeper! I have dark/medium brown hair, very light (and often ruddy) skin and blue eyes.

COLOR: On me, it's a medium-toned browninsh purple with a little bit of sheen. A light coat seems to just tone down the red of my face and a couple of layers looks pouty and chic. Looks fabu with lots of dark brown eyeliner.

FORMULA: The colour riche formula seems to stay on for a long time -- and doesn't migrate.

FASHION: This color looks totally neutral, polished and just a little bit on the funky side. Just fun and sexy enough for someone my age (almost 40). Makes a statement without screaming "I'm trying really hard to be young and trendy"! A very nice change from the old-lady nudes, pinks and reds.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I wear cool colors by nature, this color is too cool for my skin tone. It has a silver purple sheen to it that kind of does weird stuff to my skin color. On the plus side, my mom said it makes my tan stand out (?) I don't like the taste of this lipstick either, but I don't pay much attention to that. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by benette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well the reviewer below was right when she said it can be dark and flat, though I am PPP w/brown hair and it doesn't really change that. I use this mostly to pair with other lippies to change their color or give them more staing power - this stuff hangs in there pretty well. It's a little more brown than I'd like, and even though I've repurchased, I don't think I will again.
On the plus side it doesn't dry out my lips, and L'Oreal lipsticks generally last awhile and smell pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Bought this compulsively at the store last night b/c it looked so gorgeous in the tube.
I feel like on my lips, it needs a little more warmth or red to keep it from looking so dark and flat. I could probably easily correct this by mixing or with a liner, but I don't get too impressed by any product if it ain't perfect stand-alone. I bet this would look SO amazing on a gal w/ porcelain skin, dark hair, and green eyes. I might be a little too yellow : )

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by moonkatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not particulartly impressed with this color, after all the hype. Just seems rather ordinary and everyday, which is fine if that's what you are looking for. It is a mauve frost with brownish undertones, VERY neutral. On the plus side, it is very moist and applies smoothly. I just thought the color was a bit boring for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

I just purchased this unique, violet-topaz-frost shade after having been fascinated by it for months each time I passed the Colour Riche display at Walgreens. The L'Oreal website lists it as a "cool" shade, but it is deep enough and contains enough plum-brown tones to qualify it as a neutral IMO. (For reference I am a neutral-to-yellow-toned ivory PPP with brown eyes and warm brown hair who looks more "natural" in warm tones but can pull off some vibrant or dark cool shades by virtue of being pale.) Well, I was not disappointed. First of all, Colour Riche has been reformulated in the past few months, which I knew from seeing magazine ads, and the lipstick displays have been reorganized by color grouping and contain several new shades. I noticed right away that the new formula is even creamier and more balm-like than the old, and noticeably less perfumed. As for the color, TRES CHIC! Really brings out the brown in my eyes and hair, while being decidedly purplish, and with enough pearlescence to brighten and highlight my smile. Looks very modern and striking. Great with a deep plum blush and raisin eyeshadow. I took off one lippie b/c this color is a little hard to pull off without other makeup, as it is a deep metallic and does not contain red or pink tones AT ALL.