August 27, 2014 | 1592 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Quick Eyes Shadow/Liner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I bought 3 different colors online, since they were reasonably-priced and came in a cardrige. I tried to use one, but it took forever for the lead to come out. After using, I tried to retract it by twisting the pencil to the opposite direction, but the lead didn't move. I, very gently, pushed the lead on a paper, hoping it would be pushed back. Wrong!! The tip just flattened on the paper.

I tried to use the other two, but the lead wouldn't come out, so I finally gave up and brought them to a Clinique counter. The sales assistant told me that the "lead will EVENTUALLY come out if I keep on twisting the cartridge" and that the lead is irretractable (seriously?!). I don't get the raving reviews on Clinique website regarding this products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Liner does not go on smoothly and the wooden pencil base cracks when you sharpen it and small pieces get into the liner. I bought the black and it is not very dark on first application, I had to redraw several times.
Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I have to say I have a lot of eyeliners and generally prefer liquid but I bought this product based on the good reviews it had. I bought it in black and was immediately impressed with the size and the packaging. It has a handy click lid and a smudger on the other end which also makes it great for shadows. The great thing about it is that it makes a nice grey eye shadow if that's what you use it for, but I bought it as an eyeliner, and as an eyeliner I'm not impressed. It comes on easy enough - its a great smooth texture. But its too thick and too light. You have to apply it multiple times to really achieve a black look, I have to say it's more of a dark grey than a black unless you apply it a few times. For the price you pay you would want to test it out first. There is definitely better out there so I won't buy it again, but I do like it and put it on if I feel like using something different to my regular eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This is one of the formulas that have been discontinued but can still be purchased in some places. The Quick Eyes have a liner on one end and a smudger on the other end with shadow in the cap. Just like Stila Convertible Colors for the eyes except the pencil have to be sharpened instead of automatic like the Stila. I have 01 in Blue grey which is a stunning shimmery medium blue, like a cornflower blue shadow on one end. The liner is a muted blue with grey undertones. Very pretty color and very unique. The liner is rather dry though and does smudge so it doesnt last all day. Great shades though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have used this for almost 10 years, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Applies easily and has great staying power. I use Deep Mauve, and the plum shade really makes my hazel eyes "pop".

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2003 12:03:00 AM More reviews by laurenlyn1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in black and i really like it a lot. it isn't a dark dark black and with the shadow on the end you get a more smoky look. i would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a double-ended tool, with pencil eyeliner on one end and a sponge-tip eyeshadow in a matching shade on the other end. The shadow is contained in the cap over the applicator. This is a great product if you are in a big hurry and can't do an all-out eyemakeup look. The liner faded after awhile, which I notice after using BB Gel Liner which absolutely does not ever quit. I layered the shadow on top for a polished look that was fast and easy. Both the liner and shadow went on smoothly without skipping or tugging. The pencil is non-mechanical so you might want to have a sharpener handy. The Double Coffee is a nice rich brown, though this is available in other flattering shades.

Although nothing will ever replace my beloved BB Gel Liner, I will use this product on mornings when I'm rushed. Goodness knows we can all use such shortcuts from time to time!