July 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Lip Smooth

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In terms of moisturising, this is a pretty average lip balm. The effect isn't terribly long lasting. It gets a great rating from me because the color is perfect for my skintone and it's cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the white fragrance free one and the strawberry one. I quite like how the balm glides onto my lips smoothly and it lasts for ages on your lips, like 2-3 hours. Its cheap as well, and the packaging is quite nice I guess. This is really good to use when you are in a hurry, cos its clear. The strawberry, however, I can't put a whole lot on my mouth cos of the color and the taste if applied a lot can be quite overwhelming (to me anyway, I don't like taste on my mouth )
Overall its very good and moisturizing but with all my lip balms I finish I won't really buy another one of, as I like to experiment with lip balms. And I have heaps I open to take a whiff of, and I have to use it haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by soupz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a whole bunch of these when I went back to China. There's a range that smells good and is clear, and another few that have no smell and a tint. So I bought strawberry, and coffee in the flavoured ones, and a cherry in the coloured ones and overall I think they are pretty decent! Personally I prefer the tinted ones as somehow they're not as glossy as the flavoured ones and this cherry is the cutest cherry tint. The moisturizing in all 3 is pretty decent but flavoured ones definitely moisturized more, and left quite a glossy finish. I'm the kind of person that never finishes a product especially lip things because I have a gazillion but I found I actually had about 0.5cm of the strawberry left before I lost it, and same for the coffee before I really wanted to try the cherry out and chucked it. And now i'm n the cherry hurray! :D So yes, would defs buy again but they'r a bit hard to track down

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought two of these in China when I was over there at a pretty cheap price, so I'm pleased with that. One is in 'Dolly Lychee' and I'm not sure of the other since the sticker has worn off with use. They are both pretty moisturising, make my lips feel super smooth and give a nice tint to my lips. They have a nice minty smell to them so that's an added bonus and are not drying as I find with some lip-balms, so you don't need to reapply too often. Love the packaging too, small and thin enough to fit in jean pocket.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product to use by itself when I wake up late or don't have a lot of time to spend on my makeup in the morning. Seeing as the name is "lip smooth", I bought it thinking it would be the perfect moisturizing balm/lip stick combo that would be great to use in a hurry.

I got this in 'Pink' which is 02 and it is a sheer light pink with a bit of sparkle. It does not show up pigmented on my lips at all (which is completely fine) but rather gives my lips a nice shine with the slightest hint of a pink tint.
All was well until I noticed that my lips were pretty dry a few minutes out the door.

For me Lip Smooth didn't do any moisturizing at all, so I'd recommend applying some lip balm before this product for the best effect. This sort of defeats the purpose of why I bought this in the beginning as a standalone product that I could use for a nice shine to my lips when I am in a hurry. Otherwise, it looks great once on the lips and I really like the natural sparkle it contains. I'd still use this over some lip balm or layer it over a matte lip stick just to give it an extra natural shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

If you wants lots of colour, I doubt this will be the one for you. But if you just want a subtle shine and nice shade of pink, then this is THE ONE. To make it last longer I actually apply a thin coat of lip balm as a base and 2 coats of this. Really natural and the pink is really pretty! (: Too bad it's gone after a meal...But I'm fine with reapplying it. (: For SGD $4.90, it's a steal.

P.S. UPDATE 23/12/2010: I dislike this product. I think that VS Beauty Rush Lipglosses have much better staying power than this, and I'm chucking this aside now. I highly doubt I'll continue using this. Plus, it leaves some residue on my lips (dead skin, I think) when I use this and it's really irritating. Uh-uh. Won't buy this again.

I also got the one with green packaging. It's better than Lip Smackers (which melts and is so greasy and yucks I just hate them), but does not perform better than Mentholatum Lipice Lip Balms (I miss them, will go back to them soon!). It's rather greasy, and very glossy IMHO. It DOES NOT moisturise well. The moisturizing effect goes away after 30 min. Right now, I'll just finish it up and never buy it again.

I'd rather get my good old Lipice lip balm, and save up for a good lipcolor than buy these. Ugh!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by cottonpop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cheap product but nice scent. I brought an orange peel one and it smells great. Won't say this is a great lip product but it does its' job, for the price that it is selling at it's great. But it's definitely not a treatment, but the scent is quite uplifting.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by MoonCigar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in China for pretty cheap(22 which is about 3 bucks in America)

It isn't great. The packaging itself is very nice, I really like it, you have to make sure that you have the cap on securely though. I got the color in peachy orange and it worked well enough on my lips, I got a slightly darker shade of my natural lip color with a bit of shine.

But it doesn't work so well as a chapstick. It worked fine, very silky, but I found that it faded within an hour or two, both in color and moister. It may work as a good base, but I'll stick with Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by YaoEven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it cheap in Watsons. Only 29 CNY. It returns me a big surprise. I have to praise it here! My lips are always extremely dry, so I use it for more than 10 times every day in last 2 weeks, and the poor situation of my lips has been improvin' far much better. That's great, i can't help goin' buy many many of it for future use! lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by vinchuu

I have bought this product for several times. I always bought the extra care with strawberry flavor. I have a chapped lips, and I have tried a lot of lip care product, and I think this product has moist my lips and at the same time give a sheer color (natural look). Like it so much !!