Lancome Blush Papier Nacre

4.3

on 2/9/2009 4:05:00 AM

I must say I really love these. I have 2, the bronzing one, which the other side comes with glitter paper too...(2 in 1!) and another light pink rose. The only complaint I can think of is that there's actually too much product on each piece. You can get more than 1 use out of each piece...in fact, I use each piece for 10 days or so. I use a blush brush and apply it that way...it's more even. The colors are beautiful.

Why not just get a blush in a compact? It takes up less room in my makeup bag. =) So all in all, what, $18 for sooo many uses isn't a bad deal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is packaged like clean and clear blotting sheets so its a little kitschy but really cute and convenient. i have the peachy color and its very shimmery but light enough that application is foolproof. its a great color to have since i can throw it in my bag and its sheer enough to not look obvious especially since you dont need a brush

on 7/24/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Picked this up on impulse but I was pleasantly surprised. Works as a great bronzer and love the packaging. A great concept, but I would like to see more colors in the line.

on 8/31/2005 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While I was intrigued by the packaging, this has way too much "shimmer" on it, even using a brush. Maybe when I have a better tan it will work for me. Right now I am PPP so it is a little harsh

on 2/26/2005 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this product in a bronzey shade all last summer and LOVED it. Will purchase again this summer if available. I thought it gave me a very glowy tan look--my husband took one look at me and said WOW! But you do have to be careful not to use too much if you are pale--you can look too 'gilded.' Like the other reviewers here I applied these with a brush and used the same sheet several times. UPDATE: I purchased the one called Dragee for wintertime and it is nice, very very light though- it does seem to work well with my wintertime pallor though. I'll switch back to cannelle doree as soon as I can pull off some more color.

on 2/15/2005 7:25:00 AM

I have 2 of these, one shade is a pretty raspberry rosy pink and the other one is almost bronze. Althought these blushes are awesome, I don't think I would buy it again, since they are expensive for the amount you get (I think it's 21.00 $CND). And moreover, IMHO it's too shimmery for a day wear. Maybe it's because I am pale and the shimmers show up a lot on my skin. But still, I think the concept is intelligent.

However, the shades I own are very pretty and they give a glowing finish. I use the same piece of paper a few times, they contain a lot of pigments. But if I have an heavy hand, it tends to look cakey over a foundation. Since I don't wear foundation anymore, I'll give it a try on my bare cheeks.

These blushes look better on a slighlty tanned skin, I gave some sheets to my mother, (she's always coming back from a trip to Cuba so she's always tanned! lol) and she looked gorgeous. She absolutely loves these blushes and she's not a makeup addict like her daughter... hehe... But I disgress - on my PPP skin it could look too clownish if I apply it with an heavy hand.

Oh, and lastly, one tip from a Lancôme SA: you can swipe it on your hair to give it a subtle touch of shimmers/color. continued >>

I have this in Dragee, a bronzy champagne with a very slight hint of pink. These are kind of expensive in Canada but they're so portable and they make my cheeks glow. I cut the sheets in half to get more use. I'd like to buy this in some other colours.

on 10/17/2004 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to buy these last year but they were sold out everywhere! So when I saw them in the stores this summer I bought two different shades! They leave a really pretty shimmer on your skin with just a hint of colour. They are very expensive but they last a long time. The key is to use the same piece a paper a few times. You don't need that much shimmer so you can reuse the same sheet a number of times. I really like them!!!

on 7/24/2004 11:12:00 PM

This is such an awesome product! It accentuated my cheeks without adding color, just gorgeous shimmer. It works really well under Lancome's Miel Glace blush. (I have NC30 skin).

on 2/21/2004 12:18:00 AM

I've gotta be honest. I expected to love these more than I did. But they are an okay product. If they weren't so expensive in canada I'd consider giving them a 4... anyways, I have dragee. It's a pinky champagne shimmer. It works well on both cheeks and eyelids (only a very subtle wash on eyes). But, I would only use these for travel. They are rather difficult to apply and I would find using a powder blush so much easier. So, bottom line... it does do what I expected, though I did hope for more shimmer on my eyes... these would be good for travel, but otherwise I would pass.