Dermablend Cover Creme - Cream

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3%. Ingredients: Mineral oil, beeswax, talc, isopropyl palmitate, magnesium carbonate, carnauba wax, propylparaben, allantoin. May contain titanium dioxide/Cl 77891, iron oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77499, Cl 77492.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been very self conscious because of my birthmarks on my face. Everyone seemed to have amazing things to say about this so i bought it for $40 online. When it came, it did not cover them at all like it said it would. And it only lasted 3 hours then I would have to re-apply. It looked/felt VERY oily! And the color of it was not my skin color even though online it said it was.

on 5/25/2015 12:27:00 PM

This foundation is supposed to be high coverage but its not. Only works if you skin is normal not oily or dry without textured scarring. The consistency is oily sticky no matter what powder you use it will feel sticky. I don't recommend this if you are acne prone or have acne since it contains mineral oil( petroleum jelly) and talc that can make acne worse,clog pores and cause irritation. Hard to remove without using a oil cleanser. For those with texture scarring from ice pick/rolling etc... it will setting into the scars making it look more noticeable. For different colored hyperigmenation you will need more than one shade for pink/red you need warm yellow tones. Green correctors don't work it either too sheer or causes your foundation to look too light or even ashy. For dark/purple you will need pink to peachy to cancel/blur the discoloration if not it will show through you foundation looking greyish. Combination to oily skin this will slip and slide and pool especially in the t-zone. It's worse in hot humid weather. This settles into the pores, fine lines even creases and clings to dry patches. The only way to cover discoloration and scaring is to color correct first to avoid looking cakey patchy and heavy. Using this all over looks cakey heavy like a mask especially on older skin. This is pricey $32 if you need more than one shade. Those with different color discoloration need at least 2 to 4 different shades.

on 2/7/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I heard this covered acne really well, I even saw youtube videos on it. At ulta they had this priced for $38 it was a little expensive for me, so I looked on amazon and they at it for $31. I was surprised that it actually came in a nice sized container I was expecting something small from what the reviews read. The great thing about it is that a little goes a long way. I barely used any to cover my acne scaring and pimples. It does a amazing job of covering scaring. The only downside it that it doesn't cover bumps very good. I was iffy about it after I read all the negative reviews, but I'm glad I got it and I will purchase it again.

on 1/30/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Argh.
This concealer, i don't have many good things to say about it.
I'm in the UK and it is almost impossible to get your hands on it, and when you do, it's so expensive you practically need to sell an organ.
I have the newest version with the translucent package, which i don't like, there is less, and the product is different.

The actual concealer, i can use as a foundation, but the coverage just is not good, and if you do cake on enough to cover what you need to it's so waxy and transfers like nothing i've ever tried before. It never sets properly and so for me this is a total fail for me.

There are such better concealers for covering bad scarring, birthmarks and acne which isn't ridiculously over priced such as exuviance...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best concealer in the world!HOLY GRAIL!

on 8/5/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this because I wanted something that was high coverage for the dark circles under my eyes. I ended up getting the lightest shade they have which matched my skin pretty well. It does an alright job at best. I have the same results using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. I have pretty dry skin under my eyes as well and the Dermablend just enhanced that even though I used an eye cream before I put it on. It's slightly hard to work with the texture. Even if you warm it up in your hands, it's still so thick that it just looks cakey.

I don't have a problem with acne, but if I do get a blemish around the time of the month, I will say that it does a decent job at covering up the redness. I'm sure any other cover up would work just as well for half the price.

Considering this isn't something that i desperately need, I definitely won't repurchase. The price was way too high and I wasn't impressed. I ordered mine from Demstore and they always send free samples of other products, so I didn't feel completely ripped off.

on 6/20/2014 12:50:00 PM

I actually purchased this along with the Tatto Body and Leg Primer and Setting Powder a few years ago (so it's probably the old formula (?)). I bought it to cover up a stupid tatto I got on my wrist; a beautiful shamrock, actually, that I received many, manycompliments on (from strangers, constantly). In fact all of those compliments just made me more self conscious because I knew everyone could see it All.Of.The.Time. And then I got engaged, and my biggest anxiety was covering up my tattoo for the wedding and finding something that would set nicely and not ruin my dress.

So I spent an afternoon digging around Macy's for the best coverup for it. Dermablend won, hands down. This is not a foundation or concealor for the faint of heart, this is some tough stuff and from my experience way, way, way to thick for someone that just needs basic coverage and most importantly not for anyone that doesn't want to take the time to apply it carefully and correctly, otherwise blotchy cakiness here we come. I highly recommend a really good consultation at the store with an educated sales person to learn how to use it properly and get a good match because all of the layering effects how it turns out. It was $100 for the whole system, but man was there a TON of product. I suppose if I calculated out the $/oz it'd be pretty good.

It was a big process to put all of three of the products on correctly and to cover up the tattoo. I was really concerned about the setting/transfer factor, and this did about as well as you could expect, stayed put and very little transfer after a night out. I only used it a few times because of the amount of time it took to do it correctly, so it all sat in my make up bin for the past few years clogging up an entire drawer since it was so bulky. Fast forward, and I finally got sick of wasting that entire drawer storing this stuff. So now I've been using the Color Creme as spot corrector on my face. In tiny amounts, using my finger tip, making sure to warm it up a bit first. I find that works best for me, and at this rate it will last my entire life that tub is so big and packed. It seems to work really well for this, but not better than other concealors that work well for me that are easier to apply. The setting powder, I just use normally. When both products are gone, I won't be repurchasing.

Just in case your curious: I bucked up and had the tatto removed. Several, very painful laser sessions and about $500 later and it's almost invisible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this concealer to conceal blemishes and angry red pimples on my jaw line.
I had tried a lot of different concealers and found (for me) that they didn't cover and conceal how I would have liked.
This product is AMAZING! HOLY GRAIL! MAGIC!
It is very full coverage and you only need a small amount. I like to conceal my blemishes before my foundation as I feel that once applied, this does not move.
My only issue is that it is very expensive in Australia- ~$60 for a potů although I have a feeling that this pot will last me AGES!!!!!!!!

on 5/15/2014 9:57:00 AM

I love this cover cream. It's billed as a foundation but I mostly use it to conceal acne, acne scars, uneven skin, dark circles, and sometimes a scar on my arm. It is very easy to misuse this product and get a horrible result. You need to scoop out a little bit with the provided scraper, and I mean a small amount, when I do my whole face at most the amount of product is the size of a pea, generally it's 1/2 or 1/3 of that though. You then have to kind of mush it with your fingers until it becomes creamier and less solid and chunky. THEN you can blend it on your face- I do so with a damp Beauty Blender, and my skin looks flawless. It far from the "no makeup" look (it is a matte finish and most of our faces aren't flat matte) but it is an incredible smooth clear velvety finish that lasts all day. I had been using their setting powder but I recently bought some Hourglass products and with their Dim Infusion blush and Diffused Ambient Light Powder my skin looks flawless and healthy.

on 5/9/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have acne scarring on my cheeks and I love how this makes my skin look like I don't have them. I was matched with Natural Beige for my Asian, yellow-undertone skin (spot on by a Macy's MUA, big thanks!). I use a HD finishing powder I bought from NYX, and it works well with the cover cream - lasts all day! A little warning however when using on dry skin. Make sure you load up on moisturizer before using the cover cream. It accentuates dry spots. But other than that, I think this will be my new HG concealer/foundation! It doesn't break me out as much as the bb cream I was using and does not feel as heavy either.