December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Concealers - Dermablend - Cover Creme - Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by missvanessaraab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best concealer in the world!HOLY GRAIL!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this because I wanted something that was high coverage for the dark circles under my eyes. I ended up getting the lightest shade they have which matched my skin pretty well. It does an alright job at best. I have the same results using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. I have pretty dry skin under my eyes as well and the Dermablend just enhanced that even though I used an eye cream before I put it on. It's slightly hard to work with the texture. Even if you warm it up in your hands, it's still so thick that it just looks cakey.

I don't have a problem with acne, but if I do get a blemish around the time of the month, I will say that it does a decent job at covering up the redness. I'm sure any other cover up would work just as well for half the price.

Considering this isn't something that i desperately need, I definitely won't repurchase. The price was way too high and I wasn't impressed. I ordered mine from Demstore and they always send free samples of other products, so I didn't feel completely ripped off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually purchased this along with the Tatto Body and Leg Primer and Setting Powder a few years ago (so it's probably the old formula (?)). I bought it to cover up a stupid tatto I got on my wrist; a beautiful shamrock, actually, that I received many, manycompliments on (from strangers, constantly). In fact all of those compliments just made me more self conscious because I knew everyone could see it All.Of.The.Time. And then I got engaged, and my biggest anxiety was covering up my tattoo for the wedding and finding something that would set nicely and not ruin my dress.

So I spent an afternoon digging around Macy's for the best coverup for it. Dermablend won, hands down. This is not a foundation or concealor for the faint of heart, this is some tough stuff and from my experience way, way, way to thick for someone that just needs basic coverage and most importantly not for anyone that doesn't want to take the time to apply it carefully and correctly, otherwise blotchy cakiness here we come. I highly recommend a really good consultation at the store with an educated sales person to learn how to use it properly and get a good match because all of the layering effects how it turns out. It was $100 for the whole system, but man was there a TON of product. I suppose if I calculated out the $/oz it'd be pretty good.

It was a big process to put all of three of the products on correctly and to cover up the tattoo. I was really concerned about the setting/transfer factor, and this did about as well as you could expect, stayed put and very little transfer after a night out. I only used it a few times because of the amount of time it took to do it correctly, so it all sat in my make up bin for the past few years clogging up an entire drawer since it was so bulky. Fast forward, and I finally got sick of wasting that entire drawer storing this stuff. So now I've been using the Color Creme as spot corrector on my face. In tiny amounts, using my finger tip, making sure to warm it up a bit first. I find that works best for me, and at this rate it will last my entire life that tub is so big and packed. It seems to work really well for this, but not better than other concealors that work well for me that are easier to apply. The setting powder, I just use normally. When both products are gone, I won't be repurchasing.

Just in case your curious: I bucked up and had the tatto removed. Several, very painful laser sessions and about $500 later and it's almost invisible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by kahliemacorig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this concealer to conceal blemishes and angry red pimples on my jaw line.
I had tried a lot of different concealers and found (for me) that they didn't cover and conceal how I would have liked.
This product is AMAZING! HOLY GRAIL! MAGIC!
It is very full coverage and you only need a small amount. I like to conceal my blemishes before my foundation as I feel that once applied, this does not move.
My only issue is that it is very expensive in Australia- ~$60 for a potů although I have a feeling that this pot will last me AGES!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cover cream. It's billed as a foundation but I mostly use it to conceal acne, acne scars, uneven skin, dark circles, and sometimes a scar on my arm. It is very easy to misuse this product and get a horrible result. You need to scoop out a little bit with the provided scraper, and I mean a small amount, when I do my whole face at most the amount of product is the size of a pea, generally it's 1/2 or 1/3 of that though. You then have to kind of mush it with your fingers until it becomes creamier and less solid and chunky. THEN you can blend it on your face- I do so with a damp Beauty Blender, and my skin looks flawless. It far from the "no makeup" look (it is a matte finish and most of our faces aren't flat matte) but it is an incredible smooth clear velvety finish that lasts all day. I had been using their setting powder but I recently bought some Hourglass products and with their Dim Infusion blush and Diffused Ambient Light Powder my skin looks flawless and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hippiexchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne scarring on my cheeks and I love how this makes my skin look like I don't have them. I was matched with Natural Beige for my Asian, yellow-undertone skin (spot on by a Macy's MUA, big thanks!). I use a HD finishing powder I bought from NYX, and it works well with the cover cream - lasts all day! A little warning however when using on dry skin. Make sure you load up on moisturizer before using the cover cream. It accentuates dry spots. But other than that, I think this will be my new HG concealer/foundation! It doesn't break me out as much as the bb cream I was using and does not feel as heavy either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Obsessed!!!!!! Ah, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.

This is hands down my favorite all day, any time of the day foundation, it makes my skin look like skin, and it's the only foundation I have found that blends into my skin so invisibly I do not have to apply it everywhere! Since I've mastered my application technique I have not reached for other foundations...regardless of the occasion this is my go to...it literally looks like I have flawless skin, with zero makeup (besides contouring and blush if I choose to use)....I've also never broken out from it....and I've noticed that it also provides excellent SPF coverage...sadly because I do not apply this all over my face it only protects under my eyes and a dark spot or two and under my eyebrow (I use this to sculpt my brows)...so I still must use an SPF, but it keeps my under eye area and any dark marks very protected...it may even be helping to lighten blemishes.

Coverage and Shade:
Perfect match! I am shade NC 50 in MAC PLW, Caramel in Revlon ColorStay Whipped and Maybelline SuperStay, Deep Dark in MAC Studio Moisture Tint, Spiced Almond in Milani Creme to Powder, and Deep in Garnier BB Cream. In Dermablend Cover Creme I am shade 4.5 Golden Bronze. This color is exactly my shade, maybe a tad on the light side. I use this to cover a few dark marks on my face, the rare blemish, and under my eyes. To set I use a face powder that is exactly my color, and under my eyes I use a powder that is either exactly my color or a shade or two lighter for a highlighted look. This product lasts all day, 8-10 hours of work, metro rides, then to the gym or a sweaty yoga studio. I do have to take a napkin a blot around my nose, but that is more if an issue with my skin, not the product. This product covers amazingly and lasts forever.

Application:
I scrape out a bit and apply it to the back of my hand, then apply where needed in small circular motions to my face with a small domed brush. Once the areas I need covered are finished I blend everything out with a wet beauty blending sponge (currently the Real Techniques). As states before I always set with a light powder, specifically under my eyes, and it never creases or fades away.

Packaging, Price, Etc.:
I love the packaging...because of how much I use on a daily basis I know this will last me forever, I have been using it everyday for a few months and I've barely made a dent in it. I did buy a replacement (which is the new formula, I am scared)....just so I am never without it. I keep it in the fridge with the rest of my foundations that I do not use daily (this prolongs their shelf life). The price isn't bad either ($35) for the amount that I get. Comparatively this product will last at least twice as long as a liquid or creme foundation because it is so concentrated I only need a tiny amount on like 20% of my face! whereas liquid foundations u need to use more to blend out into the skin! not just in dots.

Buy it...love it...and try to not neglect your other products!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by florida1214

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the term I been cover clean it is the best makeup coverage that money can buy I have been using for over 2 years now a little bit last a long way in order to use it probably you need to warm it up in your finger just a tab and just massage it to my your face evenly make sure to set it with the powder so all day coverage and perfection it is about $36 the last you for at least 4 to 6 months if used properly I have acne prone skin and this is the only product that will not let me break out if you do break out it might be have something to do with your hormones or your diet dairy products caused a lot of acne breakout so think about switching to me almond milk people always coming how great my makeup look and how great my skin in the meantime I never had such a great stand until I use the term again cover cream if it starts to feel KK is you probably are using too much of it and not wanting it in your fingertips make sure to do so otherwise your makeup look very cakee

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

This concealer comes in a pot. It has a good amount of product. It has a dry texture but you can warm it up on your fingertip and start to blend. Because of its dry texture, this concealer staying power lasts very long, almost all day on me. I have it in the color Warm Ivory. It has good coverage and good amount of yellow in it. I use it for my under eyes dark circles and this covers it very wells. Use powder on top of it and it will lasts even longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Lexieloveee

I get acne around my chin area and this is the only thing that covers all the red!! It is life hanging. Yes it is a little cakey but u have to use more products then just this to complete the look. First use moisturizer let it dry the move on to this around ur acne and under eye. I stand brightness. Then use the smooth foundation by derma blend all over. Blend we'll!! Then let dry. Ither apply with large animal hair power brush or kabuki makeupforever hd clear poweder. THEN. Use ur blush or bronzer. DONT use the dermablend brand powder it's cakey and does not stay on well. Hope this helped to my fellow acne prone ladies !