November 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Néroli

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm generally a Goutal fan, but I was disappointed with this one. It smelled more like a masculine fragrance to me, even though I like a lot of citrus fragrances that could go either way. It came off as a dry, woody orange rather than an orange blossom floral, which is what I was hoping for. They should do this one in the rectangular bottle and promote it to the guys.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous! Refreshing, uplifting, slightly bitter at opening in a way I find hugely satisfying. Many people report poor longevity on this one an I agree. It is best treated as a summer cologne - one of the best if you love Neroli. Letting it catch on clothes prolongs longevity a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by depthgauge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful scent! Neroli is bright, green, orange, soft and so real ! Unfortunately, I have not found an Annick Goutal fragrance that adheres to my skin well enough for me to buy a bottle. If I did, I would be hooked. However, this scent is so fresh & wonderful, I will always keep a sample vial of it just so I can enjoy the few moments of beauty it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

God I love this! Every time I smell this, I am transported back to my holiday in Italy. I am a huge fan of Neroli and this is certainly one of the best ones.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since I'm used to smelling orange blossoms blooming here, and I've just recently read neroli is from the bitter orange tree, it makes sense that my expectations were not exactly fulfilled. The scent of neroli, I've learned now, is very different from the sweet orange trees that grow around here, whose lovely, intoxicating blossoms I've smelled for so many years. I was expecting a scent that captures that sweet orange blossom smell, thinking that was neroli, but it certainly isn't :)

This is still lovely at first. It is light, green and fresh, like the scent of an underripe orange skin being peeled. It's very citrusy, almost lemony, (linalool) which has it's own charm. However, I was expecting a rich white blossomy scent sort of like tuberose that has the animalic undertones that I love so much... which this is not.

I will be giving this sample away, but it is very uplifting and refreshing, I'd imagine it would make an excellent mood-booster, albeit not a sexual or sensual one in any aspect. I don't enjoy citrus scents in general, I love floral animalics. This is similar to bergamot in scent, without being as herbal-woody, more citrusy. I don't notice any lack of staying power, and this is very linear and not complex.

After wearing this for half an hour, it sits in my head and at the front of my brain so sharply and strong that I'm finding it quite annoying. A definite no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite neroli. It is fairly straightforward, but the Annick Goutal powdery accord makes it very feminine. It is excellent for Spring and Summer, and definitely at the top of my current wishlist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a a very spring-ey fragrance! Fresh and green with a natural feel! Neroli is obviously the prominent note, accompanied by jasmine. The opening is pleasantly strong with good sillage.The staying power is satisfactory. It is very similar to L'Artisan Fleur D'Orangeur, tho I prefer the Goutal version, as I find it a bit more complex. Not sure if it is interesting enough to purchase a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MizLiz211

I bought Annick Goutal Neroli when I found it at Loehmann's a few weeks ago, and I am very happy with it! It is not a simple, liner soliflore. For such a light, summery scent, it has a surprising amount of depth. The opening is very fresh and green, but the drydown is powdery and woodsy. Definitely my favorite of the Goutal single-floral series.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adored this scent in the gorgeous top notes. However, during the dry down and development of underlying notes, I was reminded of English Leather and could not get the thought of the smell of my high school crush out of my mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

AG Neroli is a fresh and clean floral, doesn't smell much like
orange blossom as I'm used to thinking of it. But the drydown
is even better develops to the most beautiful powdery rose,
very much like Heure Exquise, one of my all time favorite
perfumes. Light and classic.