April 16, 2014 | 2025 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Bee82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this 2 days ago I tried it today I have been searching for a good fast drying top coat I heard this and seche vite are good the price was a little to much $15 at safeway I tried it I loved that it dried so fast but my nephew pressed hard on my nail and it smudged it did the same when I bumped it I love sally hansens nail products but this let me down it has a nice shine to it which I like and it did dry the top coat so if I still can't find seche vite I will buy this

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by summergirl8830

Bubbles SO MUCH! The only reason I didn't give it 1 lippie is because the brush is the best I've every found on a topcoat, and that it's very fast drying and glossy. But none of these matter when a topcoat bubbles that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. Helps nails dry very fast, perfect for those colors I've had in my collection for a while that are starting to get a little gooey and take what seems like forever to dry.

Helps keep polish on for a while, too! I work in a restaurant and it's really hard to keep regular nail polish from chipping. This does wonnnnnders! Best thing next to shellac nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Midtownmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to top coat. I love the way it dries quickly and the smooth finish it leaved, even over glitter and such. It leaves a beautiful shine and overall is a great consistency. One off though for the fact that it turns goopy and stringy half way through the bottle. I got through one without this problem but the second became as described. I tried to thin with nail polish thinner but that was useless. I still love this product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by MicroDig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I want to give this 5/5 stars only because it is my go-to. The price is right and it stops my nails from chipping while being nice and shiny. I can't though for one major reason- It's not fast drying. It's tacky to touch in 30 seconds but is definitely not rock hard. However once it does dry I love it. I just have to make sure that I sit still for 30 minutes (while cursing myself for not peeing first).

This is still my go-to because the longterm results are good, if you have the patience.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NOT a fast drying top coat, it makes the polish rubbery and prone to imprints for hours. Also does not help against chipping. Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use Seche Vite as a top coat and this little drugstore gem blew it out of the water! To compare these two:

1. Seche Vite is thick, goopy. You need a separate specially made Seche Vite thinner to drop in the bottle to thin it back out again. Annoying. Not so with Sally Hansen, which has a thin, almost watery consistency. As a result, I no longer have manicures that are a few millimeter thick.

2. Seche Vite "shrinks" from the tip as it dries. To avoid that, you have to paint the tips of your fingers. Messy, messy, messy. Sally Hansen - none of that nonsense.

3. Both SV and SH are equal in terms of shininess.

4. Both SV and SH dry very quickly. I'm out of my chair in 10 minutes.

5. SV is hard to get, at least for me. SH is available at any drugstore. Cheaper, too!

So we have a clear winner: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is now my favorite top coat. My manicure didn't chip, as promised, but it did wear at the tips by Day 4. I think the big deal for me, is the fact that my manicures no longer feel "thick", like it did with Seche Vite.

Now my process goes like this: Orly Bonder as base, two thin coats of nail color, then SH Insta-Dri top coat. All done in 30-45 minutes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by sgibby

i bought this top coat because I heard that it was really good and I needed a new top coat so I read a lot of reviews and they all said it is amazing. I was quite disappointed with this top coat because the next day it had already chipped, when I did some washing it just came off. I was using quite a good nail polish, it was Essie. I do think it had a very good drying time though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by maria91

My favourite top coat by far! It doesn't chip for more than a week and dries within a minute! Also I love how it leaves a glossy finish, almost shellac-like, but that's a personal preference. I would absolutely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by miasereli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

works exactly how it says. short shelf life once ingredients are exposed to oxygen (it gets gummy fast)