December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

No shrinking, doesn't pick up colour off the nails & put it into the remaining product in the bottle (I have this issue with seche vite...picks up the red & then leaves a blob in the remaining product), dries quickly & smoothly. Fewer of the scariest toxic chemicals compared to some other brands as well. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by akhosugi

Dries fast..shiny and long lasting.. But after I use it a few times it starts to bubble on my nails! Really horrid, my manicure looks bad now. This product got a lot of positive reviews, so maybe I'm doing something wrongly..?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by WoodsCommaElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I require three things from my top coat: 1) It has to dry quickly, 2) It has to keep my manicure looking nice, and 3) It better not shrink my polish. This is the closest thing I've found to meeting all three criteria, and for the price, you can't beat it. It dries rock-hard within a couple of hours, although you can pretty much go about your day-to-day business right away as long as you're reasonably careful. I've accidentally brushed my nails against other objects shortly after doing my nails but they came away unscathed, which is a vast improvement over other top coats I've tried that never ever ever *ever* seemed to dry all the way. It does keep my nails shiny, so that's another plus. Shrinkage is minimal although I do experience it some at the ends of my nails, especially with glitter polishes, but this is easily avoidable by wrapping the tips. The only thing I don't like is that it does what top coats do over time, and that's thicken into a gloopy stringy mess. The odd thing is, Insta-Dri will still do its thing even if you apply it in this state--it still dries and performs like usual, although it tends to bubble more at this stage, which is more annoying that the gloop-factor. I am usually able to use at least 3/4 of the bottle, though. When mine gets to this point I just toss it instead of adding a nail polish thinner, but I'm thinking of trying that just to see how it does. The stuff is so cheap it really doesn't matter either way, because before I was spending at least twice as much on top coats that didn't perform any better so eh, I'll take it. This is still the best-performing out of all the top coats I've tried, with the added bonus of being inexpensive and easy to find. I'll keep using it unless I stumble upon something that works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was an avid user of Seche Vite for a long time because it was great at preventing chipping and gave such fantastic shine. However, it drove me mad the way it shrunk on my nails, so when I saw this listed as a HG top coat by a blogger, I had to give it a go, especially at the bargain price of 5.99.

Wow, what can I say? I'm converted! Super shiny, rock hard and no chipping. When I use this my manicures last for a week, sometimes longer, apart from a little bit of tip wear but that's to be expected as I type a lot in my job (Plus I'm a powerlifter so my nails can get knocked about in the gym!)

I get compliments on my nails quite a lot and am often asked if I've had a gellish manicure due to the shine on my nails. This is definitely my new HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Rexanma

This is a product that really works! It dried very fast. Don't know how long it will last, hope for a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jmday100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new favorite product! I'm on day 7 and my nails still look like I just polished them with no chips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended from one of the boards that a top coat is crucial to a good manicure. I use gel polish and when I apply this within minutes my nails are dry to the touch! No more ugly smearing. My nail woes have been answered. The only thing I don't like is that this doesn't seem to prevent chipping, but I guess I can't expect one product to do everything. I will definitely repurchase and I'm glad I found out about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by wonderful309

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. I will admit, i thought it would be terrible but not the case. Polish would last 3-4 day with this top coat,but be aware that you must have on a base coat for polish to stay on.... In other words dont just use this topcoat ( or any) without a base coat expecting it to last. But yeah i loved it and yes it dries relatively fast. Id say my nails were COMPLETELY dry with 15-20 mins

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dries nails super fast to a shiny finish because who has time to wait around??On my third bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This costs the same as Seche Vite and is nowhere near as good. Seche Vite makes your nails super shiny and as hard as glass. I can easily go 4-5 days with no chipping or very tiny amounts of chipping on the corners of my nails, etc, with Seche Vite, but with Sally Hansen, I can't go 2 days without chipping. The finish is also not very shiny. Not impressed by this.