Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

on 4/12/2015 6:39:00 AM

I love this product.

After having issues with another Sally Hansen Nail Polish I wrote them expressing my dismay and asking to send that product back. Sally Hansen not only replaced my polish but they sent me the Insta-Dri top coat and the Double Duty basecoat and instructions on how to do a manicure that lasts.

I'm in LOVE with the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat. It needs time to dry, its not instant drying, but its still a damn fine topcoat that protects my manicure and makes them last longer. I also love the effect it gives over the polish, all shiny and professional looking.

I'm getting towards the end of my bottle now and at about the half way mark I started adding thinner for a better result as it was getting a bit thick and stringy. But, a few drops of Nail Polish Thinner after every use then back in its storage area and this stuff is applying as well as the day I received it.

Love this stuff and would definitely consider repurchasing.

on 3/15/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an insanely good product. I can't fault it. My nails look like I've spent $25 at the salon getting them done. Highly recommend, absolutely my HG nail polish product.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm nearly halfway through my second bottle of this stuff. It's amazing. I can't believe I spent so many years without good base and top coats.

I use this in conjunction with the insta-grip base coat, which I really like but I don't think is available anymore, and two coats of whatever polish I'm using.

The "insta-dri" claim is no joke - it's smooth and dry to the touch within seconds of application. A caveat to this that I've noticed is that it might not be dry all the way through, so you still have to avoid being hard on your nails for maybe 10-20 minutes. What I mean by this is, your polish won't smudge from a fingerprint or small bump, but it will still dent/peel if you firmly press your fingernail or another hard surface against it. This is no big deal to me, as I generally polish my nails when I'll be watching TV or on my computer for awhile, so the fact that it dries just enough for me to be able to type without worry is perfect.

This stuff dries so fast that you have to work fast when applying. I've found that I need to use a bit more than I would with a normal polish, because if you try to use a super thin coat, it will dry on you before you have gotten the polish all over the nail.

The bottle I have doesn't say anti-chip on it. I actually have never been able to find that version - but the plain insta-dri top coat in the red bottle works really well for me at keeping chips at bay. I've had my nails last for a week or more without damage and have had people ask if my nails were gel because it lasted so well.

I haven't really had issues with this polish getting thick & gloopy, but I go through it pretty quickly if I paint my nails every week or two. I'm also someone who shakes/rolls my polishes a few times during application to keep it from settling, which might help.

The only thing I hate is that this polish has such a short brush, which leaves A LOT of product in the bottom when you start running low - like 1/4 of a bottle. I've never gone through an entire bottle of polish before this, so maybe that's normal, but it drives me completely crazy. This stuff is expensive, and it's a pain to have to try and tilt the bottle and dig the polish out of the corners when you're painting your nails!

on 2/15/2015 9:26:00 PM

I read the good reviews however this product did not work for me. It takes longer to dry.

I made my nails at night and in the morning the polish was not completely dried, I was getting dressed and the polish got damaged. I used already it 10 times and decided to get another top coat.

on 1/24/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Awesome top coat! I was also a Seche Vite user but got tired of how quickly it seemed to dry out. I don't do my nails all the time and I was losing a lot of product. I like the consistency of this more than Seche Vite too. It's a bit thinner which I think is easier to apply. Dries fast and keeps a manicure looking good for days. This is now my go-to top coat.

on 1/19/2015 6:55:00 PM

The best top coat around! I can put this over my nails and by the time I've finished putting it over my other hand, the first hand is dry to the (gentle) touch! Of course, I always give it a little longer to really dry so it won't smudge with lots of pressure. It's incredibly cheap and can be purchased for under $5. It does not shrink polish. It makes my nails super shiny, and I can usually wear the color for almost a full week before it starts to chip. The only downside is that it does start to thicken in the bottle after a while, but I typically just buy a new bottle since it's so cheap.

on 1/4/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

it changes and darkens the color of the nail polish :-( but i still like it cuz it dried fast

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

No shrinking, doesn't pick up colour off the nails & put it into the remaining product in the bottle (I have this issue with seche vite...picks up the red & then leaves a blob in the remaining product), dries quickly & smoothly. Fewer of the scariest toxic chemicals compared to some other brands as well. Will repurchase.

on 12/14/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dries fast..shiny and long lasting.. But after I use it a few times it starts to bubble on my nails! Really horrid, my manicure looks bad now. This product got a lot of positive reviews, so maybe I'm doing something wrongly..?

I require three things from my top coat: 1) It has to dry quickly, 2) It has to keep my manicure looking nice, and 3) It better not shrink my polish. This is the closest thing I've found to meeting all three criteria, and for the price, you can't beat it. It dries rock-hard within a couple of hours, although you can pretty much go about your day-to-day business right away as long as you're reasonably careful. I've accidentally brushed my nails against other objects shortly after doing my nails but they came away unscathed, which is a vast improvement over other top coats I've tried that never ever ever *ever* seemed to dry all the way. It does keep my nails shiny, so that's another plus. Shrinkage is minimal although I do experience it some at the ends of my nails, especially with glitter polishes, but this is easily avoidable by wrapping the tips. The only thing I don't like is that it does what top coats do over time, and that's thicken into a gloopy stringy mess. The odd thing is, Insta-Dri will still do its thing even if you apply it in this state--it still dries and performs like usual, although it tends to bubble more at this stage, which is more annoying that the gloop-factor. I am usually able to use at least 3/4 of the bottle, though. When mine gets to this point I just toss it instead of adding a nail polish thinner, but I'm thinking of trying that just to see how it does. The stuff is so cheap it really doesn't matter either way, because before I was spending at least twice as much on top coats that didn't perform any better so eh, I'll take it. This is still the best-performing out of all the top coats I've tried, with the added bonus of being inexpensive and easy to find. I'll keep using it unless I stumble upon something that works better.