August 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by aprilcake

AMAZING. After using this, I seriously cannot use other top coats. Dries so fast and keeps the nails shiny for so long. I ran out of this, and tried a new top coat,but i kept coming back to this one. the best top coat i have ever seen so far. It is a bit pricy, but it is so so great, i can say that it IS WORTH IT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try this as I didn't think that it would be better than my beloved Seche Vite; however, I'm extremely happy that I did! Fast drying? You betcha! Shiny, durable finish? Yes! Shrinkage? None! On top of all of these benefits, the formula is thinner than SV, meaning a thinner finished nail thickness, and it doesn't contain toluene. I also surprisingly prefer it to Essie's Good to Go! I have experienced bubbling on occasion, and the bottle/brush could be improved, so it's not a perfect product, but I now find myself reaching for it more often than any other! Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by achtungbaby80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah! Finally--a top coat that does what it says. Yes, it does dry quickly; yes, it is shiny; yes, it lasts a decent amount of time (although I always end up getting tired of my polish and changing it on the 4th or 5th day, so I can't really say exactly how long its staying power actually is). I'm so happy I finally found a top coat that works, and even the negative reviews don't really scare me off...so what if it gets gooey and gloopy halfway through the bottle? For $6 I'll just buy another one. Please note that I have not yet experienced this, and I've used about a fourth of it. I would definitely recommend this as the best top coat I've tried thus far (and I've gone through many)...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

How i love you,dear ista dri.you are sooo fast and shiny!people keep asking if i got gel!Downside ,gloopy and thick,nothing a bit of skills cant fix.!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Laura2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really understand how this product gets so many positive reviews?
It was because of those reviews that I decided to try it, however my experience was by far not positive.
First of all my polish didn't last longer than 1-2 days (I mean if you want a completely perfect look).
Besides after a while it got kind thick and gooey and completely lost even the few positive properties that it had.
Overall I find this to be a crappy product and wouldn't recommend to buy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to top coat, I'm on my 4th bottle. I'm not patient when it comes to painting my nails and a fast-drying formula is what I look for in a top coat. This definitely dries in 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how thick of a coat you apply. Apparently, it gives my nails that gel polish look because I always get questions from people asking if I have gel nails whenever I use this. Price-wise, it ranges from $5-$8 depending on where you go.

If I had to choose a con I'd say that the formula gets goopy and thick after awhile, but that's pretty normal for most, if not, all top coats and nail polishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by twocac

This was already gooey when I bought it, I don't know if that's normal or not. The only thing it actually does is dry fast, but that's not entirely revolutionary. I find it's incredibly expensive taking into consideration what it doesn't do. It chips on me on day one, without fail. I don't like throwing away stuff so I will use it until I finish it off, so I've been using it for three months now, and every single time I paint my nails, they will chip on day one. I can't have a shower after applying this either because then the entire polish will be removed from the nail. It's rather humorous. The only thing it does do is instantly strengthen my nails. It is shiny, too, but again, nothing I haven't seen before.
Overall, perhaps I just bought an expired bottle, but I will never know because I'm never repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I have tried a lot of top coats but have never been happy with any of them...not even OPI. But I tired this at a girlfriend's and wondered why I had overlooked it. It has great shine that lasts and lasts. Plus it dries quickly. However do not go and start cooking right after you apply the top coat, it may be dry to the touch but not dry enough to be active.Love this and I love the cute red bottle for some reason. This is my HG top coat. Now I have to find THE base coat which I have yet to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chri5tin3

This is actually a great alternative to my HG (INM Out The Door). I just bought this on impulse coz of the great reviews, and coz you can never have enough nail polish ;) Price wise, its not too bad ($10). However, INM is way cheaper online, plus I can get a 120ml bottle for $25. All in all, I'm not disappointed. Does exactly what it says it should, could be less streaky but that's me being picky.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Psychodrama

Yeah, it helps against chipping...because before it can get the chance to chip, it takes the whole nail polish off my finger in a sheet a couple days later. I never had that happen to me before I started using the topcoat. At first I thought it was a fluke but it happened without fail every time. I'd be looking at my hand only to see a completely unpolished nail because the polish had popped off completely while I was doing something. I remember a couple times I had it happen to me with several nails on the same day even. After I stopped using it as a topcoat, my polish no longer would altogether pop off the nail, so I know that this topcoat was the root of the problem.

There were other cons. For one, I didn't notice it to be instant-drying because sometimes I'd give it a while before going to bed and still wake up with impressions. It also smeared colors when I had a design, even if I waited a day in between doing the design and applying the topoat! I also noticed the cracking in the nails during the day time; I've only seen that once on one nail with the new topcoat I'm using instead. And finally, as others said, it began to gloop up halfway through the bottle. With all this combined, it was a real pain to use up the bottle so I didn't feel I wasted a purchase. I bought this because it seemed to be the best drugstore topcoat based on the reviews I've seen, but reviews really lead me astray with this one!