July 22, 2014 | 2379 users online

Shampoo - Modern Organic Products (MOP) - Basil Mint Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Pink02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried everything to remove the build up on my hair from years of colouring; I have even gone so far as to mix bicarb into my shampoo, but nothing has worked. After just one wash using this shampoo I felt a difference. My hair was shinny, manageable and most importantly the build up was removed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Not bad! Purchased this after reading the recommendations for this clarifying shampoo... Needed something to clean buildup, yet not too drying or too heavy for my thin, thick hair. This seems to work well, and if I lather twice, I can make it almost 5 days before I absolutely must shampoo again! (I use dry shampoo or just corn starch to extend time between washings).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a shampoo that would help clean my straight, thick, oily hair without stripping it. So many shampoos for "coarse" hair are over-moisturising and leave what feels like a film of gunk on my hair and scalp. Coarse doesn't necessarily mean dry!
The MOP Basil and Mint shampoo has been excellent so far. My hair actually feels cleeeeean, but still soft. It's a bit on the expensive side, and is full of sulfates, but right now I'm very, very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Daffodil23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love Love Love this product. I have fine, not so much, frizzy, Oily hair. This shampoo is able to take all the oil off my hair and also give it a good volume, bounce. My hair looks a lot healthier and thick after this. I also do a lot of pre-poo treatments with different oil blends, and this is able to take all the oil away with just one wash. The only this that i would change is to take out the sulfates this has. But this is by far one of the best shampoo I have found and I have tried so many other giovanni, bumble and bumble, Tea Tree, Pureology etc. I am on my fourth bottle now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo prior to this, it was fine, but not great, so I decided to try this and I must say it is far more superior to Redken's. It leaves my hair feeling soooooo clean but also bouncy and soft. I love it so much. You must try it. Bought it from feelunique.com.
Taken from the site:
Lift away dirt, pollutants and oil with this cleansing shampoo containing extracts of Certified Organic Peppermint, Basil, Sage and Rosemary. Leaves hair fresh and lively, full of healthy shine and bounce.

Ideal for removing product build up from the hair. Also a great scalp treatment for dry and flaky scalp.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2006 More reviews by krllama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry curly hair so this shampoo is not for regular use on my hair. It is fabulous though for a deep cleanse once a week to get rid of all the silicones and other ickies weighing down my hair. I shampoo twice and my hair feels so clean. I do need to follow with a good conditioner however or frizzies are sure to ensue.
My boyfriend also uses this. He gets dandruff and I just added some more peppermint oil and a couple of drops of tea tree oil and it keeps the flakes at bay.

Very good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Well, it's probably too early to be writing a review about this since I've only used it one time so far, but this is a pretty good clarifying shampoo. It has a wonderful, very light, herbal-y scent. Feels runny and liquidy, but apparently it's very concentrated so you only need a little bit (according to the bottle, which is very cool-looking, by the way). This did not lather particularly well, but that doesn't bother me too much. Left my long normal-to-oily hair clean, a little bit more volumized and smelling nice. I don't think I'd repurchase, since my 99 cent Vo5 Kiwi shampoo has a similar effect. (Except I only tolerate the Vo5 scent and I love the smell of the Basil Mint.) But if you have cash to burn, this is for you. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Angieshel

This shampoo is great because I thought the smell was not overpowering, it left my hair feeling clean (my hair is long and thick and tends to be oily) and finally the bottle is a good size... i don't like having huge bottles of stuff in my shower because I inevitable drop it on my toes! I paired this with the MOP leave-in conditioner and that helps with the tangles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2003 12:27:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. I have fine hair and an oily scalp, and this cleans completly with one use and doesn't weigh my hair down. I'll definitly be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ohgeno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this shampoo. The scent is minty and basily, doesn't have any sort of artificial smell to it at all. My hair has dry ends but it gets very oily at the roots. I noticed this shampoo does not strip your hair and leave it dry. after washing my hair it's left shiny and soft and it feels so clean and fresh!

The price is kind of high you can find it at target for $9.99, and I heard they run around $13.00 in salons. You might think ten bucks is expensive for a 10oz. bottle, but I feel it's well worth it.