December 20, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Amanda0511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to lid color for a "no makeup makeup look". It gives enough color and definition without being to over the top. I will definitely be re purchasing this when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Anyway, I did a lot of research before making my purchase, yet somehow just didn't wind up with an especially interesting array of colors, in my opinion. Grain is a nice neutral peachy beige with slight shimmer. I definitely wouldn't purchase it again because the shimmer is not flattering on me..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NC15 with light brown eyes. I have tried many times to use Grain and it just doesn't look right on me. It is a slighty peachy satin color. I have to really pack it on to get it to even show up. I imagine this would look better on darker skin than mine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very subtle but that's how I like my eyes done. It matches my skin tone yet brightens up my eyes. Not sure if I'll rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by charstone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grain, where have you been all my life? This is the perfect nude satin shadow that corrects the discolouration in my lids. Lovely low sheen, no glitter here. So many matte shadows can make my older eyelids look dry but this is just perfect. For medium skin this is the best no-makeup looking shadow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most favourite Mac eyeshadows. I'm surprised There hasn't been alot of hype about this color. It's one of the best neutral eyeshadows I've ever bought. On my NC25- 30 skintone it shows up just a little bit darker with a slight satin/shimmer. This not at all chalky and applies so smoothly. A must have in your neutral eyeshadow collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grain's texture and satiny finish are amazing! As others have said, it's a great neutral color but without the chalkiness of most matte shadows this light. It really seems to brighten my eyes without being glittery or shiny. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this shadow hasn't been a bigger hit! It's one of my favorites. It makes a great all over lid color! It's one of my everyday eyeshadow staples.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised that not a lot of people know about this color. I use it all the time. It's a nude shade with a satin finish. I don't like the way matte nudes look all over the lid. I feel like it's too powdery and chalky looking. That's why I love this color. It has a bit of sheen, but it still doesnt have shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This product is a nice pigmented neutral color and can be worked great as a brow highlight or worn on the lid incorporating neutral, brown or green tones in the crease. MAC shadows have great staying power if you use the proper primer. I prefer NYX eyeshadow base or Urban Decay. This is a very simple color and can be found in about every brand out there. I only buy MAC shadows as a treat to myself as they are a bit pricey but it is a good quality product and a color very easy to work with.