MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 2/24/2015 9:03:00 AM

I can imagine this shade us overlooked but this is my everyday brow bone highlighter. It's subtle yet noticeable. It's great for a soft highlight, a wash of colour and also to blend out other eye shadows. I have some eye shadows that I love but are just too much for the day however with Grain I can use some of the darker shades and blend it out to create a softer look. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/7/2014 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to lid color for a "no makeup makeup look". It gives enough color and definition without being to over the top. I will definitely be re purchasing this when I run out.

on 11/19/2014 3:53:00 PM

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Anyway, I did a lot of research before making my purchase, yet somehow just didn't wind up with an especially interesting array of colors, in my opinion. Grain is a nice neutral peachy beige with slight shimmer. I definitely wouldn't purchase it again because the shimmer is not flattering on me..

on 6/11/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am NC15 with light brown eyes. I have tried many times to use Grain and it just doesn't look right on me. It is a slighty peachy satin color. I have to really pack it on to get it to even show up. I imagine this would look better on darker skin than mine.

on 4/18/2014 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very subtle but that's how I like my eyes done. It matches my skin tone yet brightens up my eyes. Not sure if I'll rebuy.

on 3/22/2014 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Grain, where have you been all my life? This is the perfect nude satin shadow that corrects the discolouration in my lids. Lovely low sheen, no glitter here. So many matte shadows can make my older eyelids look dry but this is just perfect. For medium skin this is the best no-makeup looking shadow.

on 3/20/2014 9:01:00 PM

This is one of my most favourite Mac eyeshadows. I'm surprised There hasn't been alot of hype about this color. It's one of the best neutral eyeshadows I've ever bought. On my NC25- 30 skintone it shows up just a little bit darker with a slight satin/shimmer. This not at all chalky and applies so smoothly. A must have in your neutral eyeshadow collection.

on 3/19/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Grain's texture and satiny finish are amazing! As others have said, it's a great neutral color but without the chalkiness of most matte shadows this light. It really seems to brighten my eyes without being glittery or shiny. It's perfect.

on 11/17/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe this shadow hasn't been a bigger hit! It's one of my favorites. It makes a great all over lid color! It's one of my everyday eyeshadow staples.

on 11/7/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised that not a lot of people know about this color. I use it all the time. It's a nude shade with a satin finish. I don't like the way matte nudes look all over the lid. I feel like it's too powdery and chalky looking. That's why I love this color. It has a bit of sheen, but it still doesnt have shimmer.

Top Rated MAC Products