April 18, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very subtle but that's how I like my eyes done. It matches my skin tone yet brightens up my eyes. Will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by charstone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grain, where have you been all my life? This is the perfect nude satin shadow that corrects the discolouration in my lids. Lovely low sheen, no glitter here. So many matte shadows can make my older eyelids look dry but this is just perfect. For medium skin this is the best no-makeup looking shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most favourite Mac eyeshadows. I'm surprised There hasn't been alot of hype about this color. It's one of the best neutral eyeshadows I've ever bought. On my NC25- 30 skintone it shows up just a little bit darker with a slight satin/shimmer. This not at all chalky and applies so smoothly. A must have in your neutral eyeshadow collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grain's texture and satiny finish are amazing! As others have said, it's a great neutral color but without the chalkiness of most matte shadows this light. It really seems to brighten my eyes without being glittery or shiny. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this shadow hasn't been a bigger hit! It's one of my favorites. It makes a great all over lid color! It's one of my everyday eyeshadow staples.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised that not a lot of people know about this color. I use it all the time. It's a nude shade with a satin finish. I don't like the way matte nudes look all over the lid. I feel like it's too powdery and chalky looking. That's why I love this color. It has a bit of sheen, but it still doesnt have shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This product is a nice pigmented neutral color and can be worked great as a brow highlight or worn on the lid incorporating neutral, brown or green tones in the crease. MAC shadows have great staying power if you use the proper primer. I prefer NYX eyeshadow base or Urban Decay. This is a very simple color and can be found in about every brand out there. I only buy MAC shadows as a treat to myself as they are a bit pricey but it is a good quality product and a color very easy to work with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was searching for a satiny neutral no-brainer lid color recently.
Ricepaper was too warm, Shroom looked white-ish, Jest was lovely but quite peachy and All that glitters more orange-y and frosty than I'd like.
Grain is truly neutral and goes well with literary everything. I always use TFSI and didn't have problems with longevity. The major con is that I have to try hard to pack it with my 239 brush since the texture is quite stiff and dry. I love this color but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use naked lunch as my everyday look, but I think Grain is replacing it! Grain looks like an expensive, sophisticated eyeshadow and it is. The MAC makeup artist used grain on my lid and bamboo on my crease and the result.....EFFORTLESSLY beautiful look!! Looks like I don't have eyeshadow but my eyes look vibrant , awake and sexy. It's definitely what I wanted my "naked" eye look to look like!! I love it so much. I am NC20, yellow undertoned asian girl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Grain is just Orb with frost. It's very pretty but the sheen makes it less versatile than Orb.