October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks - Demure

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

This product has a very noticeably plastic smell to it, that's the main reason that I'm giving it such a low review.

To me it's okay as a lipbalm but I think there are much better tinted lipbalms in the drugstores that smell nicer. This particular color is quite nice though, its a sheer mauve. I'm actually going to throw mine away because I can't tolerate the smell of it.

I'm also quite confused as to why so may people are calling it a lipstick, it's a lipbalm it says it on the packaging that it comes in.

Overall, do not like this lipbalm. Has a weird smell to it. Definitely don't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

A true YLBB shade, Demure is a nude pink with a lot of shine. I like the light consistency of the LipSlicks despite the product's dated plastic packaging and heavily perfumed smell. They're more stick glosses than tinted lip balms to me. This shade lost points for being ultra sheer, though -- its color saturation is poor even tested on the back of my hand. Still, not a bad product for easy application without a mirror.

I paid $3.50 for a plastic tube with a generous 4 g of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

This is a great lipstick but somewhat sheer. I have it in Princess and Demure and the nude-colored Demure has a pink undertone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These lip balms do not get enough love IMHO. Cover Girl does not promote these like they some of their other more popular products. If Pink or Drew Barrymore had full page ads in magazines promoting these balms, they would fly off the shelves.

These balms are near perfect, I just wish they came in more colors. They are much more moisturizing than Revlon lip butters or LíOreal Balms. I have quite a few of these but I like Demure the best. Itís a pretty, pinky, glossy balm. These can be worn alone or under lipsticks or glosses. This shade flatters my fair skin and gives my full but colorless lips some much needed, healthy looking color. I like to keep this in my desk at work, in my purse and in my car. I can apply it while driving & I don't need a mirror. I just slick it on and go. These are pretty and sheer, perfect for high school girls just starting out with makeup.

I have a feeling these will be on their way out soon. It seems they have been around forever and you can only find them on the very, very bottom of the Cover Girl display. Stock up if you find these on sale!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cheap clone of Clinique's Sweet Honey. This is too sheer to wear alone but when I first colored my lips with Calvin Klein's Toasted Pink lipliner then applied this, it looked exactly like Sweet Honey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like these lipslicks a lot :) the colour demure? undecided. I live in Toronto, ON and could not find the lipslicks anywhere so got a friend to pick me up this colour on a trip to MI. I really like the smooth texture to this and it glides on well, it has slight moisturising properties once it is on my lips. I use it as an on the go lip tint, or under a gloss/nude lipsticks. Please note: it feels like a light tinted balm lipstick and is not drying in any way. The colour is a light mauve and adds a slight sheer colour onto my red pigmented lips (I have a medium skin tone), it is very natural, however all mauve colours just make my lips look darker than they already are and I don't particularily love it, but I dont hate it. The packaging is cute and fits into any clutch/purse, however I don't think the cap is very secure as it doesnt snap into place. I will continue to use this colour up but I am hoping I can get a another colour the next time a friend or I go to the states!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. Great to toss in your purse and gym bag esp in the winter. It's smooth & shiny with just the right amout of nude pink color. I think they changed this foumula because I remember buying one years ago and the smell/taste was awful. I don't know what made me pick this up the other day but now it's not offensive at all! It is the perfect companion to my Amuse Lip liner in Mocha. I fill in with the liner and top with this gloss and it's a perfect MLBB look, a nude pinky brown. I have already picked up two more. now I have a set in my purse, gym bag and car! Bonus it cheap and readily available anywhere so if you lose it, no biggie!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this today. The product itself provides adequate hydration for my lips, which chap easily. I'm a lip balm addict. The packaging is fine and the size of the lippie is fine too. It smells and tastes like regular lipstick. I would probably like it better if it was flavored. It'll do the job, though. If I do purchase again, I will know to try one of the darker colors. I was shy with this one because I thought it would be too pinky peach for me. I don't detect much if any pigment in the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably the most flattering lip product I've ever worn. I love this stuff! I got it by mistake a very, very long time ago (I mixed it up with another color), but I noticed at the time that it was probably more flattering on me than the bright pink I had been going for. On my pale skin, this is a nude pink. I like it more than any nude lipgloss or lipstick that I own -- shiny, understated and classy, and it actually makes my lips look nice and full which is a huge plus. It sort of makes my lips look younger, if that makes any sense. This is basically the only lip product other than chapstick that I've been using all winter because it looks good for winter styles, doesn't make my lips look weirdly dry like lipstick can but also doesn't get my hair stuck in it when the winter wind blows like lipgloss. It smells and tastes bad, and the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but I never apply my lipstick in front of anyone so all they see is the end result which is very, very nice! You can apply without a mirror and it goes on very smooth and doesn't dry your lips out. And it's only about $5 at the drug store. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by k8ebug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty natural pink color, soft shine, and very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. I can reapply without a mirror, which is a plus. One point off for the slight smell and barbie packaging (normally I just care about functionality, not looks of packaging, but this looks like it's made for a tween).