April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had a jar of this years and years ago and I think I lost track of it or plain old lost it in a house move. Over the past few years, I've tried several other nail and cuticle oils and ointments, as my nails have become more dry (age and the nature of my job - I teach cooking and so my hands are frequently in water) - my cuticles have been dry since forever, though. I've used Burt's Bees cuticle balm, Aveda Beautifying Composition (ever since it was first used on me during a manicure), Eight Hour Cream and Salon Secrets Cuticle Oil. All are good products. But in the recent Sephora VIB Rouge "sale", I decided to treat myself to Creme Abricot all over again. I'd forgot just how lovely it is. I apply it at night somewhat heavily, rub it in a bit and go to sleep. I wake up with beautiful cuticles and nails. Considering that this product is Dior and a jar will easily last the better part of a year AND it works so well, this really isn't a pricey product at all. I'm not wild about the jar - I wonder if a squeezy tube (like some lip balms - Jack Black, for example - might not work better and at least you wouldn't have to contend with the foil seal that has a ton of product stuck to it that I'm reluctant to waste). But I don't really care - this stuff is so good that I'll overlook any of the annoying "negatives" because there are so many positives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by formularossa

I know, this nail creme is expensive. BUT if you're someone who gets manicures/pedicures consistently or puts on nail polish at home every week (like me, I have a nail/skin biting problem), I highly recommend this. Right when I turned 25, my once strong and healthy nails started to have a sandpaper texture with dull color. I can't go very long without putting on nail polish, but I didn't want my nail health to deteriorate so I found this abricot nail creme. Even after the first day of application, I noticed a difference: nails just looked "healthier". I'm currently on my third day, and even the nail tips are whiter. I put it on my toenails as well!

Yes, it's sticky and thick, but if you massage it on and watch TV or, in my case, study then it's really not a big deal. It takes a while to absorb though, so don't plan on going out after putting it on. You only need a small amount per application, so even though it's expensive it'll last you a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had heard about this nail treatment, but since I had great nails, I thought the price was a bit much, so I passed. I recently has surgery, and my great, fast growing, strong nails stopped growing, and became thin and brittle and split easily.. I decided to take the chance on this, and I am so glad I did. After about a month of occasional use, I noticed my nails began to grow faster, stopped splitting, and became stronger. I can only attribute it to my use of this cream. Yes, it is sticky, and yes it comes in a pot. I use a wooden toothpick to scoop out the very small amount needed, and use it about 15 minutes before bed, after I've finished my other bedtime routines. It's only sticky for a short time, but you do need to give it time to sink in...there aren't any shortcuts. I can see this pot lasting forever, so I won't complain about the price...it's fair for what it does, and how long it will potentially last. If you have problem nails or very dry cuticles, this is a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hate going against the popular view on here but I've got to be honest. I kind of regret buying this. Yes it does moisturize your cuticles and feels very luxe lathering a dior nail cream on but eww it feels like rubbing tacky glue all over my nails. I just can't get over the texture. What I've found that works even better is josie maran argan oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Armanix09

Instantly moisturises cuticles and really good in the cold weather. Lasts ages and smells nice too. I would buy this again. I do wish it came in a easier to apply format - like a tube or something rather than having to stick my finger in

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the worst nails. They'd crack and peel and my thumbs seemed all bumpy and deformed. I was embarrassed by them.
I read the reviews and thought I'd try this out, to help with my peeling, thin nails.
What I discovered was that it also fixed the bumpiness that I've had for 20+ years. I wasn't expecting that. It's expensive, small, but a fantastic product. I'll definitely repurchase.

It has transformed my nails into these glowing, healthy looking things I hardly recognize!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Disa17

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This certainly works. My nails were in a very brittle state. After using this product for one week I noticed a difference. My overall rating of four is because it's a bit messy. The price is rather expensive. The packaging is nothing to rave about. I would purchase again - if needed. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first Dior product I was exposed to as a child-- only then I didn't even know of who Christian Dior or the brand (Dior) that will become one of my all time favorites and objects of my addiction.
My mother owned this nail crème. Now that I look back on it, it MUST (and it IS) be an absolutely amazing product for her to have splurged on. (My parents are not the type to spend money on frivolous things.) I remember adoring the packaging; so simple, yet so delicately elegant. The product was sticky but not as sticky as the formulation of in today's market. I didn't care for the scent too much, but when I purchased this for myself, I find that I don't mind the scent at all because it brought back childhood memories. (yes, I must've had a dull childhood to have been fawning over a nail crème.)
Overall, I love this product; it makes my nails and cuticles feel nourished, cared for, and luxurious!!! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nail creme without any particular concerns. Although it's pricey for a nail crème, a little goes a long way. If you are into manicures or painting your own nails, this is definitely an item you would want to splurge on! Don't get me started on the Dior nail vernis polishes! That in it self is a whole another rant and rave.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It is expensive but man was it worth it!

I had the worst case of dermatitis I have ever had due to a terrible reaction to IBD nail gel. My cuticle burnt away in awful red rashes, and my nails almost disintegrated, it was awful, and so painful. I had had acrylics/gels for years and was fine, then one day my body just decided it hated the gels and after a new set of gel fills I woke up in the night with itching burning fingers. Literally (because of the pain) had to pick the nails off.. you can imagine the result - total mess! I went to the doctors for it and was given steroids creams etc along with being told to use only Caroline's Cream on my hands.. Cotton gloves on my hands at night etc, etc! But my cuticles just kept peeling and paining, my nails were so thin they would not grow and this went on for weeks -- well, long story short, this stuff gave me my hands back. I honestly didn't know if a couple of my nails would even grow back, I had just stubs on them, but woo-hoo all fixed!

Details:
Okay down to the details, It smells strongly of apricot (sweet and sickly not fresh and fruity) and it is thick, sticky and heavy so be warned, its not something you can put on and then go off and start your sewing. You need to apply it before bed or perhaps in the evening when you are sitting watching TV. Or (as, I just did) before you are perhaps going on the computer!! It needs time to absorb into your cuticles. But when it does it is just delicious! It softens like nothing I have ever used and leaves your cuticles soft and luxurious.. After 2 weeks of using it my hands were vastly improved. All my cuticles had healed and the soreness had stopped. (Seriously, had monster hands!) Now I am hooked, I use it all the time, I love the softness it brings to my cuticles and it cures little cuticle nics very quickly (2 days all healed!).

Price:
That being said, it is very expensive for the amount you get! ($45 from David Jones or Myer here in Perth) and the pot is tiny! It is only 10g..

Packaging:
As I have said before I am a packaging lover, I adore pretty makeup and perfume bottles and packaging and this is very meh! Little white pot, CD embossed on it (even that gorgeous CD looks boring and dull on this pot!) So in short - come one Dior, lift your packaging game, it has to look pretty on the dresser!!!

Anyway as I said, I love it, but yes $$$$ ! I have seen it on ebay much cheaper so for you lucky ladies in the US you can get it for about $25 with a couple of dollars shipping.. I tried to order some but they also wanted $25 to ship it to Perth so blah, blah, blah! works out the same!

If anyone sees it anywhere with cheaper shipping to Perth, Western Australia send me a linky and I will love you forever :)!!

Hope this helped!~

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff but the price has become ridiculous. It is sticky and goopy but it does work, and very quickly. When I first started using it, it cost $2.50, which was expensive for the times (late 'sixties). Now, in Canada, with tax, it comes to over $30! Sorry, but Paula's Choice Lip & Body Balm works just as well at $13. I always buy it on sale so I pay even less. I hate to be negative about an old favorite, and if I were in the 1%, I'd probably buy it without thinking, but given that I didn't inherit money and I'm not a movie star, I'll stick with PC Lip Balm and spend the balance on something else.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No