Dior Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

4.4

Lanolin, Aqua (Water), Parrafinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol , Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Geraniol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal.

on 4/25/2015 1:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this nail cream. It is really thick moisturising and lasts forever and really good value for money- (1 pot lasts me a year and I use it almost every night).
I use the tiniest amount to massage into the nail and cuticle and it stays on all night and by morning my nails are transformed.
It is especially effective after gel nails when my nails are extremely weak - this takes care of them so quick!

'negatives'
- the smell: has a faint apricot/medicinal smell which might not appeal to everyone
- the product is sticky (because it is a treatment and it should be left on for a few hours to show results)
- the pot isn't always convenient because you have to apply it with your finger

despite the 'negatives' I will still continue to use this product as nothing has ever worked so well for me in such short time - literally overnight magic!

I really hope Dior don't discontinue this as it is my HG nail product!

on 4/24/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It almost pains me to write this review, but I feel I must. I wanted to love this product sooo badly - and for $26, I had very high hopes that it would do at least *a little* something for my nails and fingertips. This is just a junk product in a very high-end package :( It literally did nothing for my nails. After a number of uses spread out over several days, my cuticles, nails, and even the sides of my fingernails still looked as dry as if I had just had a shellac manicure soaked off! Not even a hint of improvement after many applications. The texture of the product isn't as thick as I was expecting, but it's extremely sticky. It actually reminded me of this white lithium grease that my dad keeps in the garage for car parts or something. Scent-wise, this is still a losing product for me. The apricot scent is actually more of a fake perfume-y smell, like something an old lady would wear. And for what it's worth, the ingredients are just cheap stuff like petroleum and mineral oil...I know that petroleum can be very useful in skincare, but I expected to see at least one "money shot" ingredient in a $26 cuticle treatment, ya know? There isn't anything in this product that justifies the hefty price tag. I promptly returned it and picked up a $12 almond cuticle oil from The Body Shop. One application later, my cuticles looked smooth and hydrated, my hands smelled great, and I had no sticky residue on my fingers once the product was absorbed (which took surprisingly little time). If you really want the apricot scent, Sally Hansen makes a couple of different apricot cuticle creams that are honestly more effective, more pleasant, and smell better than the Dior version. There's also the Essie apricot cuticle oil, but that is a whole other story...

I just purchased this for the second time yesterday. The first pot lasted about a year, despite using it about 2-3 times a week. Starting with the positives, I can say that the product really moisturised my cuticles, strengthened my weak, brittle nails and the lovely apricot scent is a bonus. However, I didn't give it 5 stars because the sticky consistency did put me off using it sometimes, although without the stickiness the product would've wiped off easily and possibly would've led to wastage of an expensive product. This isn't a dream cream, which is what you might except due to the price (€23/£20.50) but it does its job. Last thoughts - a luxurious cream in a cute pot, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a cheaper alternative out there that does the same thing.

on 1/11/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm pretty taken aback. This is such a cult favorite item. I felt really compelled to try it, but do not see the results shared by others. The formula is absolutely bizarre. Bright orange and very sticky so do not plan to pop this in your purse for daytime application. I have used it consistently before bed for several months and really do not see a difference in the health of my cuticles and nails. I have tried using a tiny dot of product as well as a generous glob and I do not find it to be emollient at all. I have great nails and long nail beds so I'm not asking for miracles, just a little moisture for my cuticles. I honestly feel that the same old Burt's Bees lemon stuff I have used for a decade works noticeably better. Plus, I can actually feel good about its price point. I was disappointed by the Abricot Creme because Dior beauty is usually top notch. I keep two stars because I love the smell of apricot so I don't mind finishing up this pot, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/18/2014 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this product for 6 months and just ran out. My final thoughts are the same as my initial thoughts, but the reviews were so good that I held onto the product and my hopes that it would work. This performs like a mediocre drugstore product. It smells like a powdered packet of apricot kool-aid, so I was hesitant to apply the unnecessary sweetened product on my dry, cracked cuticles and nail ridges. The texture is sticky, and I prefer a more rich, emollient nail cream. Despite the tackiness, it leaves a greasy feeling where applied, even hours later. Results are average; my Sally Hansen nail cream actually yields better results and I prefer the formula/texture/scent of it too. As far as the packaging goes, well it is unadorned, stark white, plastic, uninspired, and definitely not representative of luxury.

on 9/20/2014 12:57:00 PM

To me this is a fantastic nail cream!
I bought mine last year and it's still a bit left in the jar. I only use it in the evening because it's very greasy (the Huile Abricot is for during the day). I use only a tiny dab on each fingernail and massage it in. It stops me from getting dry cuticles, hang nails and to some extent- also ridges. For about a year ago my nails were quite horrible (short, chipping, flaking etc) as I had gone through a very stressful period, but by using this cream my nails are finally long and strong and happy again. I've already purchased a new jar. ^^,

on 7/24/2014 11:17:00 PM

Not the worst or the best.i used this cream up and i can say you can easily found cheaper one working better.very thick and sticky,not really effective

on 6/11/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I already bought this product twice so I obviously like it. It is a thick, lightly scented cream that I use especially in winter to massage on my nails and fingertips. It has a moisturizing effect, but it is quite greasy, so I use it only at night. Keeps the cuticles smooth and the nails slightly less dry. Good product, although I was expecting more for the price and the hype.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a very thick, cushiony concoction of mostly lanolin, mineral oil and water. It is really very thick a tiny dab goes a long way. And mind you, at the price of $27 for a mere 10 ml (0.35 oz.) it better should!
For me this is a manicure in a little retro jar. I apply a small amount on my cuticles, massage it in, and clean and push the softened cuticles with a wooden stick. Voila! my nails are ready for polish (after a good wash and swipe with nail polish remover of course, this stuff is very greasy). When used daily it prevents dry cuticles, hang nails and keeps my hands in top shape. This is the good part.
As for the not so good, Dior charges an exorbitant price for it. It might be a cult product, but it is such a basic formula that costs only a tiny tiny fraction of the selling price. But since I cannot find an alternative (Kiehl's and Bliss Labs used to have very similar products, both discontinued now) I fork over the $$$ every time my jar gets empty. One jar lasts me at most 3 months.
$100 a year might not be too high a price for nicely groomed hands, especially since I never get professional manicures or pedicures. But there is nothing in a jar that warrants $25 and I am sure people at Dior (i.e. LVMH) are having a good time filling up their pockets and laughing at our idiocy.
All things aside, this works great for its intended function and there is no substitute. Hence, I will continue to repurchase (and be grumpy about the price).

on 5/22/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this soley based on reviews, and while this product does moisturize, I honestly can not say it done anything miraculous for my nails. CeraVe or Aquaphor is just as good in my opinion. The cost is crazy, for the little round compact you get. For that fact , almond oil, olive oil or any moisturizing oil would suffice. Sorry Dior, won't be repurchasing :))

Popular Treatments