November 27, 2014 | 1623 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Angel Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by 2muchofeverything

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, LOVE this product. I've repurchased this over and over. It's sheer, just a very subtle shimmer. It gives my skin such a gorgeous glow.

I am pale complected, and this along with a soft bronzer really makes a difference.

I also have very sensitive skin and this caused zero bad skin reactions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. Simply put, I *adore* this shimmer powder! I'm nearly 47 and just a simple sweeping of Becca "Angel" Pressed Shimmer Powder down the bridge of my nose and my upper cheek (sweeping up towards my temple) area makes my skin just glow. It's not glittery. It's not metallic. It's very, very soft in its shimmer, but it's that softness that makes it so beautiful. My aging skin wakes up when I put this on....sort of like how Carmindy's skin always looks...just glowing and beautiful. It's a stunner of a product and one I wouldn't do without. I use it every day. It truly works like magic! I absolutely love, love, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by catyfargle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have so many highlighters in my collection, but this is absolutely the best one.

It gives a glow that is not glittery at all, and looks pretty in any light.

The amazingly smooth texture and perfect smooth glow make this my HG highlighter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is absolutely my hg highlighter! I am lighter than NW15 in MAC, and this gives me the perfect glow. I apply it with a blush or skunk brush on my cheekbones and sometimes on my nose. It gives me that perfect healthy glow and it's nice and shimmery without being glittery at all. It seems to have very good lasting power on my dry skin, and it doesn't make my flakies stick out worse like a lot of powders tend to do. The retail price is very high but this is such a good quality product that I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sephorajunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE. Just pure unadulterated love for this product.

Gives the ethereal look every woman strives for without being glittery or over the top with shimmer.

Balances skintone and just adds an amazing finish to my skin.

Totally worth the 30$ something dollars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for below retail, otherwise there's no way I'd buy it! That being said, I think if you want something to splurge on, this is worth it's price tag. Like everyone else I have issues with the lousy puff it comes with (I just use my own brush) and the odd, rubberized, unnecessarily heavy packaging. I don't normally fuss about packaging, but this borders on the ridiculous at times. There is a mirror in the lid, but the lid itself with its rubber overload is so heavy that the compact can't balance on its own when the lid is opened because the lid is so heavy. But, packaging aside, the powder itself though, is perhaps the best highlighter powders I've come across! It isn't as shimmery as the BB shimmer bricks or Mac MSFs, so this is a real winner for me, since it's more subtle, and I hate the discoball look. Angel is a beiged-pink shade, on the cool side, in the pan, but on my NC/NW 20ish skin it doesn't actually show up in terms of color, so I use it as an all over skin brightener, or as a spot highlighter for cheekbones etc. However I don't use it to highlight my nosebridge because I find it looks a bit obvious/oily after a while?...And my skin isn't even oily at the moment! So for that I use my smashbox aglow quad (absolute HG highlighter, although more subtle than the Angel PSP). I don't see this working as a blush for you unless you're paper-pale, although it does look fantastic layered over a blush color. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a cool-toned, all-over highlighter powder or a spot highlighter that is very subtle. 4.5 stars if I could give halves.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is a beautiful pale pink cool toned highlighter. I use it over blush to add soft shimmer or all over to give me a glow. Great understated glow, not OOT shimmer. I use a fan brush to apply lightly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by glossedup

******CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR COMPARISON PICTURES*****

EDIT : I have added a review for pressing Becca LSP (Angel) to my notepad and comparing before-and-afters to my Angel PSP. Please see there for more detail! Back to the review now...

In my opinion, Becca's best product is the Pressed Shimmer Powder. Like all the others, Angel is smooth, restrained shimmer that doesn't overwhelm the face nor flash terribly in photographs. It's a light, baby pink colour with a hint of peach, and if I have to pin the shimmer down I'd say it's a pinky/silver shimmer.

I love Angel because on me, it imparts a TINY bit of colour and a gentle diffused glow. I thought I would be too warm-toned to wear this - well, as long as I don't pile it on and I keep my eye and lip fairly neutral, it works a charm. It actually does work over matte warm blushes, adding a fantastic glow to my MAC Softdew Beauty Powder.

Cons : I don't like the Becca packaging. The outside is pretty cool - all industrial chic - but the inside is just impractical. I hate that the mirror doesn't stand up by itself, and the rubberiness (think NARS blushes) means that shimmer 'sticks'. Eternal source of frustration for OCD me.

Also, the cost is off-putting. $34USD, or $56AUD, this is not cheap. You do get 10g for it, or roughly 0.33oz, which is a fair chunk of product. I use so little of it each time that I think it's quite worth it in the end :) A warning, too - I don't know how this'll look on darker girls. Might go a bit ashy, try before you buy.

If Angel is what you are looking for - resist the temptation just to buy the Loose Shimmer Powder. They are NOT the same. The LSP has stronger silver reflects, a darker champagne-y/beige base and is generally a lot shimmierier. I like to use it more for e/s, or a really dramatic highlighter. Splash out and get Angel, it'll be worth it :)

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)

Gypsy, Nefertiti, Angel
continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love all of Becca's pressed shimmer powders - I use Angel and Nymph the most. I use Angel to highlight on top of my cheeks, a little bit across my forehead, down the sides of my nose and the tip of my chin. On my fair with yellow undertones complexion it really adds no visible color - just a wonderful, fresh glow-from-within look - no obvious shimmer or frost. I have tried a dozen different highlighters (at least) but keep coming back to Becca's, in my opinion they are the best. The compact is huge and lasts, what seems like, forever but I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder, and use it primarily as a blush. I typically use cream blushes, because I like a "luminous" look, and I find that easier to achieve with a cream. But this powder is so effortless to apply and adds such a lovely luminous (not shimmery/glittery) quality to my cheeks, that I find myself reaching for it more than my cream blushes. The color is a golden-pink, very subtle as a blush. I use a soft bristle "skunk" brush to apply. I was a little put off by the rose (?) scent of the powder at first, as I typically don't like scented products, but I find that I don't even notice the scent now. For reference, I have pale skin (Stila 10 Watt) with warm undertones, auburn hair, and cheeks with a tendency to get ruddy at times. I would repurchase this product again.