November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Imperiale Repairateur Moisturizing Eye Balm [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sayde

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just found out that Kiehls has discontinued this -- after how many years??????? why???????? I have been buying this, over and over again, for so many years I cannot remember when I first started. It lasts for months and months, does a really good job of moisturizing, doesn't migrate, doesn't sting or burn. I use this at night -- it is too rich for daytime use and in all these years have not yet found anything that I like for daytime use-- but this is perfect for night and I am really disappointed that I cannot get this anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

I got this in sample size with 5ml in it. I prefer this over Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate since it is more moisturizing throughout the day for my dry skin. It claims to be a repair-focused eye balm, I would say it did moisturize my undereye area but not enough because I still find that my concealer cake on it. I will go for other product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used Kiehl's since I was 12, yes 12, when there was one (flagship) shop in NYC. I'm dating myself here but I don' tmind, not when a rpduct is as good as this one. I've been a loyal customer ever since I was a pre-teen and that speaks for just how special Kiehl's is to me. Just like any other line, Kiehl's has some duds and several standout items that are instant staples. This eye balm is one of the standouts for sure. It's so soothing, so gentle, so emollient that I have started using it was a lip balm as well. I have been keeping it by my bedside for the last few days as I am so tired these days I would forget to use it at the sink. It is the last think I put on my face each night. I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a total waste of money. It's no different than putting vaseline under the eyes. It doesn't offer great moisturizing. I'd say it's barely adequate. It's so greasy that I feel silly going to bed with glossy skin under my eyes. After this is gone I'm definitely going back to Origins Night-A-Mins. That's a product that positively changed the look of the skin around my eyes - the look and texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by eiswoman

I think this had the potential to be an excellent product, but it irritated my eyes, making them really puffy every time I used it. I spaced out the uses several times to make sure this is really what was causing the reaction, and it definitely was.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Not sure why this gets such bad reviews from some people, but I love it! I bought one for my mom as well after trying it, and she loves it too. A tiny bit goes a long way, and although yes, it does have the texture of Vaseline, it soaks in quickly and is super moisturizing without being greasy.

I'm in my late 20s and starting to see fine lines under my eyes, which get much worse when my undereye area is dry; this makes my undereye look supple and young when I wake up in the morning.

My mom is in her late 50s and her eye area gets dry and puffy. She was using a very heavy eye cream before that gave her millia; this stuff does not, and still moisturizes just as well.

I can see this being a winter-only staple, as it might be too heavy for summer. But for now, 5 stars!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

What crap! I bought this based on the reviews here and usually MUA doesn't steer me wrong, but this time was an exception! I'm prone to dry lines around my eyes and was looking for something to use at night to hydrate my under eye area. It's basically a very expensive version of Vaseline. It didn't hydrate at all (in fact Vaseline does a better job of sealing in moisture) and gave me horrible milia (which are those small white bumps under the skin that are next to impossible to get rid of). You should also beware if you use glycolic acid on your face because the acid will react with the vitamin E in the balm and cause a bad reaction. Also, the product has a shelf life of only 6 months. Even if you really liked this product and used it on a daily basis, there's no way you'd use it all before it expired. Overall, terribly poor product and a complete waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The lime-tint of this eye cream is cute but this product IS thick and DOES migrate to the eye area so just apply this on the orbital bone. Don't even try to apply it on the lids because it just made my eyes red, and very irritated. I was heartbroken and thought I had to throw this out but now that I apply this far away from my eyes, I haven't had any adverse reaction.

This keeps my undereye hydrated but doesn't depuff or minimize the appearance of dark circles (which it didn't claim to do, but just wanted to clarify). It is an OK eye cream but I wouldn't repurchase since I'm trying to look for an eye cream that will minimize the appearance of dark circles. I tried using this as a lip balm once but I didn't care for it - it didn't work any better than my Burt's bees.

EDIT: Lowered 1 star because this makes my undereye area feel dry even though it doesn't make it look dry (thank god). Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. I think it actually accentuated my dark circles and made them worse. I look much older now. I had high hopes for this product because I loved the consistency of this, but it just didn't work for me. I wasn't looking for a miracle product to erase lines or anything of that sort, but was only looking for something to hydrate my delicate under eye area. However, this not only made my dark circles more noticeable, it traveled into my eye area and made it extremely dry. I also put a little bit on the area where laugh lines usually occur, and now I have slight laugh lines prior to not having any at all! This product also transferred onto my pillow which in turn transferred to other parts of my face and made me break out. To call this product horrible would be an understatement.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have found this eye balm extremely moisturising for my very sensitive skin. every other eye moisturiser i have used, even ones for sensitive skin, have caused my eyelids to sting, dry out and become red and flaky - that doesnt happen with the kiehls eyebalm. i havent experienced any blocked pores or an increase in millia either.
    the very fine lines i have have all but disappeared from using this.
    i dab a very very small amount of this around my eyes in the day time and then apply more at night.
    ive been using this product for at least 8 months to a year now, and i think it will be maybe another four months before i need to repurchase.

update: i have stopped using this eye balm as i cannot find it anywhere in the uk. i have moved on to using dr. hauschka eye contour balm and its improved the condition of my lower eyelids more than this product ever did.