August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer wash eyeshadow in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by carolinetransue

My favorite eye shadow! Just re-discovered it in the bottom of my makeup bag, and I am almost out. Went to go get more and found out that it has been discontinued :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another great shade in BB's shimmerwash formula: Bronze Shimmerwash is a medium toned, neutral bronze with brown undertones, and as some reviewers have noted, a hint of olive. Very complex and pretty and since it is neutral it can be worn by many different skin tones and eye colors. Unfortunately, Bronze is another example of great versatile shades that have been discontinued! Recently Rock and Ash Shimmerwash were taken out, and now Bronze. Too bad, Bronze would have been a definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite Bobbi Brown shadows, a bronzey brown which brings out the blue in my eyes. It is not reddish, or muddy, or gray, but a rich bronze color which I use on the lid and up into the crease. There is a slight sheen to it and it looks very classy.

I would buy it again but this shadow will last forever. This eyeshadow is a bit pricey but you get a lot of product for the cost. There is some fallout which is a bit annoying to deal with in the undereye area (tried doing corrector/concealer after eyeshadow but it worked out worse that way). So I give this product 4 lippies but it is one of her best shades for me and I recommend it for almost any eye color because it is such a rich saturated hue.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

I love this one, its looks really natural on my brown eyes when worn alone. However,when I pair it with Sage its gives such an high impact yet does not scream for attention (a bad one that is). Makes my brown eyes larger, more awake and noticeable. Loveee!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bronze is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "bronzed brown," but I agree with other reviewers here that it has a bit of olive or khaki in it. Personally, I have to use it with a light hand and blend it with other shades in order to make it work, but when I do mix it, it blends nicely and gives a great effect. It has excellent texture just like Bobbi's other shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I LOVE this colour. I have been looking for a brown to sweep over my whole lid and this does the job beautifully. I usually go for more pinky browns, but this suits me waaay better. The shadow goes on nice and evenly and lasts all day. It is a golden brown. I will never be without this colour! I just hate the screw top lid....UPDATE Removed 2 lippies. This shadow has creased every time I wear it. At first I thought it was just that I had too much cream on my lids or something. I haven't had a powder shadow crease on me in years! Not even the cheap ones! And I never wear a primer. You shouldn't have to. I am sad as I love the colour. I'll still wear it, but a BB product should be better than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Big old "I'm lovin it" for this one. It's a sheer light to medium warm golden brown with no red tones to it. Someone said this is like MAC Patina - I do not find that to be true - it's more golden than Patina. Suberb quality and blendability. I love it with the Bone shimmerwash and a tad bit of Mahogany in the outer corner. I was thinking this would be darker, but I am really glad it's not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This is a gorgeous and surprising versatile shade! My usual go-to BB shade for a polished daily look is Beige (a light slightly gold champagne similar to Urban Decay Sin but less frosty). I like that I can wear Beige by itself or as a light wash over other colors (usually neutrals or greys) to tone them down or make them appear more blended. I wanted a similar functioning shade that was more brown or bronze for days when I do warmer, more brown looks. This is perfect! It's very light yet buildable. I tried it by itself and over other darker brown shades (as described above). I was surprised to find that it also works well on top of grey or taupe shades (like the colors in BB Stonewashed Nudes). The texture is amazing, very soft and finely milled. I am very impressed with this shadow. The price is a bit high for a single eyeshadow, but I doubt I will need to re-purchase given the amount of product they provide. I am so impressed with the BB brand and am eager to try more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably my most consistently used shadow, The color was described prefectly by womanwarrior below - a light bronze with gold/olive tones. This looks beautiful with my blue eyes. I love that it's a subtle color that doesn't look overdone but still provides definition. It's a very versitile color - can be worn all over the lid as a soft wash for day or can be built up a little more with a darker crease color for a night-time bronze eye. I've paired it with everything from ivory to dark brown to dark plum - very versatile. In terms of quailty, BB is the only shadow I've found that I can wear without a base & it still does not crease. The texture is smooth & silky, and the shimmer is more of a glow than outright glitter or metallic look. (BB shimmerwashes are my favorite shimmery shadows as they're understated & glowy.) I have the round, screw-top packaging (which I'm not crazy about). When I run out, I will definitely repurchase (now the square flip-top packaging that is a little more expensive.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

When I first got Bobbi Brown Bronze, I was a little disappointed in that the color is a bit sheerer and lighter than the name implies. Bronze is more of a medium brown shade with golden olive undertones and very finely milled shimmer. There are no orange, pink or copper undertones -- none -- so it will not give you the dreaded pink-eye look. You will not see any frostiness or flecks of sparkles. But now that I am looking for more natural makeup looks, Bronze is perfect. It can be applied lightly as an all-over lid color, or built up to define the crease. This is great paired with BB Champagne or Bone shimmerwash and a bit of Bronze or Espresso gel liner.