November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Liquid - Trish McEvoy - Even Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by shava

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Am dry and hate the look of foundation. This looks like real skin and has only enough coverage to even out minimal discoloration. Costs $$$ but am on my 4th bottle. Have yet to find anything that compares!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I was on the hunt for a new foundation and you MUA girls turned me on to this one. A big THANK YOU. If I had sampled this watery fluid at a Trish counter I would have passed but the free shipping from Nordstrum's encouraged my experimentation. When I first applied it (with fingers) it just seemed to be sloshing around and barely leaving a trace of anything. But when it "settled in" I saw remarkably even skin and no appearance of makeup. It has to be shaken very well - ok I can do that - and dabbed around the face before being blended in. A sponge might absorb too much of the product so fingers are best. As the directions on the bottle specify, the technique is to pat it into the skin instead of blending it around. No big learning curve though.This is summer makeup at its best however I'll be using it regularly. I got the 2.5 shade being fair/neutral and it is perfectly balanced. Well balanced neutrals are not easy to find as most are too beige. I touch up the redness around my nose with Bobbi Brown's touch up stick in Sand. On special occasions the G A Luminious Silk #4 will come out. For reference I have also used Bobbi Brown in Cool Sand and Nars in Deauville. At $60 USD this is rather hefty for the amount you get (bottle is really small) but very little is needed.
UPDATE: boy am I disappointed! This oxidized within an hour and had an orange cast. This never happened to me with any other foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've completely changed my mind about this product. My initial response was that Shade 2 was too yellow and didn't provide enough coverage. After a few uses, I've leaned how to best apply this product. First, the right brush is critical: either Trish's stippling brush, deluxe blender, or a kabuki brush is best. I stipple the product in with her deluxe blender. Second, the right primer makes a world of difference: I use my Le Metier de Beaute Daily moisturizer as moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer for that perfect luminosity (remember that Even Skin provides no sun protection). And last, step back and allow Even Skin to do its magic: in five minutes, it looks completely different then it did when it was first applied. I know this seems like a lot of work, but it has become a simple routine for me that gives great payoff: luminous, glowing skin. Since trying Even Skin, I've had strangers tell me that I have beautiful skin (I have to give Le Metier credit as well). Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, pretty, pretty good foundation. Im not floored but I am pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a pretty meh foundation out of this after having exhausted other options (including GA LSF, MUFE HD, chanel teint innocence/vitalumiere, etc). I really just wanted something simple and basic. In summer I was using YSL radiance matt powder which is good but for winter with my combo skin, not so much, and kind of settles around my dry skin. I also like the more natural look in winter more anyway. I do get oily as the day goes on though a little bit esp in the nose and chin areas. So I decided to give this a go . My skins' problems are--potential to breakout (pretty sensitive ugh), large pores, different undertones (face is pretty pink but otherwise neck etc. are pretty yellow). Also since I get oily through the day but am dryer in cheeks and jawline area my skin is just really difficult to deal with in terms of perfect foundation.
This has been pretty good. Used it for two weeks now, almost every day with some breaks in between. First off, NO BREAKOUTS (yay). Second, when the SA tried this on me at Nordys, she used a stippling brush and it seemed to go on pretty flawless, looking like real skin (still some of my skin texture showing through, just sort of airbrushing my pores out a bit but you can still tell they exist just not all gross and clogged and in your face. kind of just my skin but better really). Also really evened out the yellow/pink undertones issue in my skin (I am about an NC20-25 and a #3 in this was perfect). Its also superrrrr light reminds me of just a really watery tinted moisturizer almost, but when it goes on has much better coverage than a TM IMHO. It felt like the lightest layer ever and just sort of melted in. I was sold on it. Tiniest bit required. I Went straight to ulta and got a stippling brush (ive realized if i dont apply things EXACTLY The way theyre shown to me I just dont get the same results), and indeed I did get the same my skin but better, glowy natural look with it while stippling. Also, it holds pretty well agianst the oil (but see below)
I still wouldnt give this a 5 just because--
1. its expensive
2. I prefer a see through bottle where I can tell how much is left; cant really see through this dark bottle and also cant estimate how much is left by the weight since its so lightweight to begin with.
3. i dont know if i like the squeezy, maybe a pump would be better
4. it holds well against oil if I use my NARS oil free primer underneath but if I try others (smashbox) or go without primer and just use daily sunblock it actually doesnt hold well esp in the nose area against oil. otherwise though does hold up quite a while (8 ish hours on my combo skin).
otherwise an absolutely beautiful foundation. i will continue to buy as it works for me, and if i dont find anything better (which at this point i actually doubt i will ive tried just too many things). however i am happy with this, very happy indeed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always had negative feeling towards foundation. Most are either mask like, heavy, fragranced, pore clogging, streaky or wrong color shade. This isn't anything like the foundations of yesterday. It's water based and makes my skin feel and look hydrated. It is also unbelievably sheer and much more sheer than tinted moisturizers. I use this in 2.5 shade choice and it is a lovely light - med. neutral shade. I just wished it weren't so expensive. I had to knock off a point for that reason alone. I bought this to wear to an event 3 weeks ago, and my skin looks flawless in the pictures taken at the event. Just ordered the face color and we'll see how the two look together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried Clarins and they were all too heavy -made my lines show up more. Tried a sample of thiAa and really like it-so went to Nordys to purchase. It was $55 for one oz, which is way to much but if I like it a lot, it is worth it. It does not take a lot, covers nice but looks real and healthy and stays on well. And no allergies or breakouts so far which is unusual for me. Soooo, I'm hoping this will be my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never tried any product of Trish McEvoy before. Today I was looking for Giorgio Armani stand (that wasn't in that particular Nordstrom) and lady from Trish McEvoy started to talk to me. I never heard of this brand before, didn't want to waste my time but this lady was very nice, she showed me Even Skin foundation in shade 2.5. I loved the bottle design and was looking for water based (oil free) foundation with medium coverage. So I got a sample to try out first. It's very expensive ($55) for a small bottle like that!
I have to say, the application was pretty hard - first it felt just like very watery foundation (I used liquid foundation brush) and had to wait few minutes until it dries. First few minutes, I did not see any coverage at all, it just felt like tinted moisturizer. Then, few min. later, I finally saw the result. I would say it's light to medium coverage (definitely not full) and it did not hide any pigmentation. I belive this foundation is perfect for someone who likes tinted moisturizers or light coverage foundations.
UPDATE: I used Kirkland Due Fiber that worked much much better with this foundation and I was surprised how great the result turned out - it was medium coverage and SUPER NATURAL, easy to apply. The foundation sets in after about 5-10 min of application.
This is the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. I love it.
Does not cause any allergy either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by katienurse1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this stuff and have waited until I have gone through a bottle to write this review. I have combo-sensitive skin, and this stuff isn't heavy, greasy, fragranced, or containing sunscreen. It applies well with a brush. i have the color 2.5 which is perfect. The coverage isn't medium to full, but not everyone needs that type of coverage! It is expensive, but so worth it! Will buy again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by warsawgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm liking this more and more. that said:
- i think it's ridiculous to call this a foundation. to me, it's a very liquidy, natural finish, tinted "non-moisturizer."
- my first thought was, oh great, $50 worth of nuttin'...
but it turns out, if you wait just a minute or two, it actually sets to an imperceptible, ever so slightly airbrushed finish that looks as if you were not wearing a *thing*. it doesn't hide much, but it does even things out (esp. my reddish cheek spots calm down). stays looking natural all day, so i don't look like i have a peeling mask on by bedtime (this happens with pretty much any other foundation: EL doublewear light, boots no. 7 lifting & firming, bobbi brown luminous, bobbi brown moisturizing -- eep! i broke out horribly, laura mercier creme smooth... all settle and then look heavy by the end of the day)

this stuff feels like i'm giving my face a rest without going completely "naked" and uneven. but it's very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. Yes, it's expensive and the container is smaller than most other foundations. Yet, it's cute and portable. I bought shade #2 online based on reviews here and it's a great match. It's a light, neutral beige. (I'm #5 in GA LSF). It goes on smoothly and looks like real skin. It kinda reminds me of Prescriptives Virtual Skin (that I used in the 90s). I especially like that there's no fragrance and no sunscreen. (Since my skin is very sensitive, I prefer to use a separate sunscreen). It looked pretty fresh all day without a lot of shine. Not sure if this will be moist enough for winter,when I'm really dry but it's great now.