September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Dirtytalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy heaven sent miracle. Burt's Bees Blemish Stick is literally the bees knees! I've always been a Burt's Bee's fan, but this product just made them become a staple, an absolute must have in my skin care products. It is amazing, point blank. I've gone through three of these now, but my most recent example of it flexing it's incredible awesome-ness was what inspired me to write this review.

I had one of those very deep, painful, almost cluster of cyst like blemishes. It was smack dab in the middle of my cheek. No makeup could cover it up, there was no concealing it. No matter how much I washed, moisturised, toned, put other products on it, nothing would even make this monster budge. I got so desperate to get rid of it, I even tried the unthinkable - trying to pop it, which I never ever do. I was at my wits end after it a month of it sitting there, on my cheek, mocking me everytime I looked in the mirror. But then, I remembered I had my secret weapon - my blemish stick! My skin had been relatively tame prior to this nightmare, so it was way at the bottom of my makeup case. I put that godsend on the terror growing on my face, and after just three uses, once in the morning after my normal skin routine, and once before bed, it dramatically reduced the size. In less than a week, that puppy was gone. No ugly scar or anything. Another success story thanks to my blemish stick.

I love the roller ball and glass tube. It lasts for quite awhile as well, I try to only use it on blemishes that are especially stubborn, because, and this is my only con, it Is very harsh. And this is made obvious from the smell of it, a mixture of nature and peroxide, although it's supposedly 99.5% natural. After a few uses, it dries my normal type skin out pretty decent, so be sure to moisturize moisturize moisturize. Sometimes it can be so harsh that if you use it on your average everyday zit (which I don't recommend) it can somehow push the pus out, aka chemically pop it. And popping pimples is a no no for me.

ALL IN ALL, this is an AMAZING product, for a great price. It's super effective, but also harsh if you don't moisturize. The smell is not so appealing either, but you get used to it, because it WORKS, and it does a damn good job too. If I had to recommend one product to use on blemishes, and I had an unlimited budget, I would still go back to this one. Well done, Burt's Bees, well done.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mallorypaige

I'm rather new to the whole world of great beauty products, in fact this is my first post on Makeup Alley. I thought I'd use the opportunity to write about the Burt's Bees Blemish Stick as it's been my go-to acne ally for over ten years now. I usually apply it everyday after washing my face with Burt's Bees facial cleanser as a preemptive measure against getting any unseemly pimples. And if I go through a drought of not taking such attentive care of my skin and i do get a rare pimple, the blemish stick works to reduce or alleviate it within a day.

There's a light sting when you apply the stick which only shows to me it's revving up its healing ammo. I'm fortunate enough to have good skin, but I accredit a lot of this to my simple regimen of using a face wash, this Burt's Bees Blemish stick, and face lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BeeLisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick. For years I had been on medicine from the dermatologist and it seemed to work fine. Recently, I decided that it was time to get off of all the treatments. I picked up this blemish stick along with some other Burt's Bees products. I am obsessed with all of their products! This and Burt's Bees acne toner work great together. I have seen improvement in my face and couldn't be happier! Thank you Burt's Bees!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a good blemish spot treatment since my hg philosophy On A Clear Day spot Treatment was discontinued, and the new formula they made I don't think worked as well. I bout this one day just thinking maybe with the tee tree in it, it might work. To my surprise, I am loving it, it dries my blemishes right up! it doesn't help so much with the redness like the philosophy but it works fast and takes the swelling down. Seems like its drying but I just put my moisturizer on top and it stops the dryness. I love it and will keep using it for sure. I will warn you the smell is strong. Just to me, no one else can smell it of course and the smell goes away shortly after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BSides1992

I love this product. Great for on-the-go application, and I feel it definitely works. Pretty expensive for such a small tube, and I wish it was more widely available in the UK, as I have only ever seen this at Holland & Barrett.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Apauls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this a few times and it seems to be working. I had a pimple forming in the crease of my nose and this took the pain away immediately. Though it burns if you use it too close to your nose or eyes. The smell is very strong. Pimples that have already developed don't seem to be affected by this. The rollerball is very easy to use once you get it flowing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

Overall, I'm a fan of this product. I appreciate that it has natural ingredients. I put it on any developing blemishes before bed and they are usually reduced in the morning. There is alcohol in it, so I try to avoid getting it anywhere besides the blemishes to avoid drying out and producing more oil. The fumes sting the heck out of my eyes! But it dissipates as it absorbs. Watch out if you accidentally put it on broken skin, whew! I find it works better on developing blemishes still under the skin, rather than existing ones, but that may just be my skin in particular. Love the roller application, so I don't have to worry about dirty hands or getting it on my fingers and accidentally touching my eyes. The glass vial is pretty sturdy too, I've dropped it quite a few times, but I still wrap it in socks when I travel. I don't use it very often, so it will last me a long time, but it's a great, conveniently sized thing to have in skin emergencies and I probably will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by beefnoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a little over two weeks now after a friend recommended it for my acne. I had really bad acne on my cheeks that wouldn't go away, it just kept getting worse and worse. After using this product, I can definitely see a big difference in my skin. The acne on my cheeks isn't completely gone yet but I'm so happy that something finally worked when nothing else worked. I have tried a bunch of expensive creams from the doctor full of chemicals and this one is 100% natural and works better. I will continue to use it and hope that my skin will continue to clear up. The only con about this product is that it does sting the skin once applied, but I just usually fan my face with a piece of paper and it helps to alleviate the stinging sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! It has cleared up my skin so well & even faded old pimple scars. You know it's working when your husband notices how good your skin looks. You notice a difference overnight, pimples are a lot smaller , practically gone in the morning. Skin is left looking healthy. I don't mind the smell (black licorice) I got it on sale at Walgreens for $6.49 reg. $9.99 at target. The bottle is pretty small for the price but it works so good, I'll continue to buy it. I took the roller ball off and just use a clean Qtip. This stuff is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by racheldedo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell & it really works! It's really pricey for such a small bottle though.