Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo

2.7

Aqua/water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide mipa, dimethicone, distearyl ether, sodium chloride, behenyl alcohol, niacinamide, saccharum officinarum/sugar cane extract, sodium methylparaben, dmdm hydrantoin, ppg-5-ceteth-20, polyquaternium-10, camellia sinensis/camellia sinensis leaf extract, linalool, pyrus malus/apple fruit ectract, carbomer, pyridoxine hcl, citric acid, butylphenyl methylpropional citrus limonum/lemon

I used to use Garnier shampoo and conditioner all the time but I recently used it and it DRYED MY HAIR OUT!

on 12/24/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have virgin Asian hair and I don't use heat or styling products except for a couple drops of a neat oil every once in a while. I use cheap shampoo and didn't have expectations for this shampoo aside from it cleaning my hair and leaving it non-greasy feeling.

While it did clean my hair, it also made more of it drop out than usual. At the end of each shower I was standing in a couple inches of dirty water since so much hair had fallen out that the drain was completely blocked. This has never happened with any shampoo before, much less one that claimed to be "fortifying."

Overall, while this did clean my hair it also made me lose more hair than usual which is absolutely not what I would expect from a "fortifying" shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

on 10/12/2014 4:06:00 PM

I used this shampoo a while ago.
I liked the smell, it cleaned the hair and it made it shiny. But it didn't fortify it and left it tangled.
I finished the bottle and never bought it again,

on 10/10/2014 11:09:00 AM

I like this shampoo. It has a reasonable price and leaves my hair shiny and clean without leaving your scalp greasy for longer than other shampoos. It smells nicely too. I'll repurchase.

on 2/22/2014 5:13:00 PM

This shampoo and the matching conditioner left my hair in the worst shape it's ever been in.
Itchy, sore scalp, 'build' of greasy film and a dry crunchy feeling upon drying hair.
It was cheap but worth paying more for a decent shampoo.

on 1/15/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The scent of this shampoo is great. But when I used it ONCE. The next day my hair started to fall. Like one hair and another. Absolutely freaked me out! Never going to use this product again.(And my hair got greasy just after the first day!)

on 11/6/2013 3:11:00 AM

My seven year old daughter and i both had itchy scalps which i thought might be due to using fructis,but then i thought we'll try it again and see what happens,and our heads were 'very' itchy,and sore with all the scratching!I will NEVER use this shampoo again!!!!!!!

Consumer Search was mistaken. This did nothing for my hair, other than make it worse. I have waist length, normal textured and slightly oily hair. I wash it every other day and deep condition once a week. My hair is colored/highlighted every 6 weeks. That combined with the length equates to a serious breakage problem when I threw fructis into the mix. The shampoo led my normally not-so-oily roots to become greasy by day's end and the conditioner couldn't even be finger-combed more than a quarter of the way down. I gave it two miserable weeks. Never again. And worst of all, totally gross but true, it gave me blemishes on my scalp and neck. Never have I had a blemish, let alone 10, on my HEAD. They were painful and embarrassing. It took approximately a month for everything to heal. Whatever oily, greasy, pore-clogging filler they're using is flat out bad for your hair AND skin.

on 11/4/2012 10:08:00 PM

HATE THIS SHAMPOO! Only nice thing I could say about this product is that it smells fantastic. Other then that it made my hair SUPER greasy and it felt dirty not even 24 hours after washing my hair. horrible product.

on 8/6/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shampoo is garbage!! A lot of people are complaining that their scalp suffered after using this and I will say this stuff definitely made my hair FALL OUT!!! What on earth are they even putting in this stuff? I quit using it and slowly (over months) my hair is growing back. I was using it along with the conditioner. Nope, I will spend the extra $ from now on for my hair stuff.

Popular Shampoos