MAC Matte - Rule

4.2

on 12/7/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't be scared of this eyeshadow it is amazing. I love warm shadows and this is a must have shadow for me it really makes my blue eyes POP!. I normally take a fluffy brush and lightly blend over my crease area for that add orangey warm touch. This color could also be applied heavier for a more intense look. It also blends like a dream and has great pigmentation.

on 11/17/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

It's so easy to be overwhelmed looking at all the gorgeous eye shadows at M.A.C I wanted something new, I have exercised purples so much. This caught my eye after Paradisco as well and loved both, they gave my look that bit of retro and vintage I have been craving, I felt like this was a gorgeous colour to use as a transition colour as well as main feature, I like to change my appearance and I can use it for a multitude of different looks from rockabilly, grunge to chic - but my main love is that retro appeal, reminiscent to sepia photographs, that rock 'n' roll rusty colour - something different.
It does not make my eyes look sore and looks great on pretty much all skin tones! Makes blue eyes pop with Amber lights, enhances hazel and brown eyes and works so well with green eyes. The matt texture makes it easy to work with other colours too and I would recommend having a play with Rule when in a M.A.C store, you will be surprised!

For reference I am NC20/NC25 (dependent on which I use) and green eyes with a little brown and natural dark-mid brown hair. I would buy this again!

on 7/2/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite eyeshadows of all time, I will continue to repurchase this everytime I run out. It works amazing with every eyeshadow I have & makes my blue eyes POP! This could look great on any skintone or eye colour. I mainly use it in the crease as a transition colour, its perfect for blendly out brown eyeshadow, but looks great with purples, reds & gold eyeshadows too. Its a very universal eyeshadow. I love to use it to blend out sketch eyeshadow in the crease & cranberry eyeshadow on the lid with abit of expensive pink in the inner corner of the eye. It really adds a pop of colour.

on 5/24/2014 7:01:00 PM

One of MAC's matte shadows, I love this on my very brown eyes. Any reddish brown color makes my eyes look great and this one is no exception. The application requires a little effort as with all matte shadows but I find if I just slowly build the product in the desired area it looks great. I know everyone says that oranges and reds are best on blue eyes but they really make my darker eyes look super!

on 5/24/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great colour for dark skin tones. Awesome for blue eyes. A very light hand with this colour can add warmth to the crease and can work on all skin tones.
It is a bit dry, as all Mac mattes.
Will not repurchase, as I don't think I'll ever hit pan in this lifetime...

on 10/29/2013 11:45:00 PM

Very nice color!! I'm a NC 40 with brown eyes. I love putting this color as a crease with soft brown as a transition color and file 1/3 of the lid gives a nice beautiful fall color. Nice matte color.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

WOW!! Fantastic orange matte color. I pair this up with a warm light brown shade (like MAC's bamboo) and it gives such a nice warm natural look to my eyes. I'm a MAC NC25-30 shade and I use this eyeshadow in the outer crease to create a natural smoky look. Paired up with MAC's bamboo and BAM!!! You have a beautiful natural looking smoky look..great for those hot Summer days leading up to Fall. Definitely get your hands on this shade. Don't let the color in the pan scare you. The shade is very buildable and blendable. You don't need a lot of product on the brush to get the look you want. A little goes a long way with this shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Indian, NC40/42, dark brown eyes, black hair for reference. This looks amazing blended out in the crease with many lid colors from Ricepaper to Mulch. A must-have for brown people.

on 12/28/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I have this matte burned orange e/s. I use it either all over my eyelid up to crease with a dark brown shadow on the outside of the crease. Or I use it as a transition color. Its very matte so you can wear it for a subtly look or make your look edgy with more bold colors using this as a transition colors.

on 6/5/2012 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite colour of the moment! It isn't an intense orange, but it is something different and I love using it for a smokey eye. A makeup artist at MAC told me to try it with cranberry.. I haven't been game to try this yet but it is more versatile than I was expecting.