April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Rule

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Very nice color!! I'm a NC 40 with brown eyes. I love putting this color as a crease with soft brown as a transition color and file 1/3 of the lid gives a nice beautiful fall color. Nice matte color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

WOW!! Fantastic orange matte color. I pair this up with a warm light brown shade (like MAC's bamboo) and it gives such a nice warm natural look to my eyes. I'm a MAC NC25-30 shade and I use this eyeshadow in the outer crease to create a natural smoky look. Paired up with MAC's bamboo and BAM!!! You have a beautiful natural looking smoky look..great for those hot Summer days leading up to Fall. Definitely get your hands on this shade. Don't let the color in the pan scare you. The shade is very buildable and blendable. You don't need a lot of product on the brush to get the look you want. A little goes a long way with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indian, NC40/42, dark brown eyes, black hair for reference. This looks amazing blended out in the crease with many lid colors from Ricepaper to Mulch. A must-have for brown people.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this matte burned orange e/s. I use it either all over my eyelid up to crease with a dark brown shadow on the outside of the crease. Or I use it as a transition color. Its very matte so you can wear it for a subtly look or make your look edgy with more bold colors using this as a transition colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ShahnaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favourite colour of the moment! It isn't an intense orange, but it is something different and I love using it for a smokey eye. A makeup artist at MAC told me to try it with cranberry.. I haven't been game to try this yet but it is more versatile than I was expecting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this colour for my NC50 skin, I use it as wash of colour on my lid, underneath a golden/orange primer, and blend them both out with a blending brush, then a nude lip gloss....beautiful, very natural, easy to wear and classy.

(primer the orange tone in the sleek primer palette)
(nude lipgloss-Mac spite...I think)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too chalky on me. I don't do well with matte shadows. I really like how this looks on people with lighter skin coloring, however this was not for me ( nc45 fondation ). I'm returning it tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by DannyMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hey everyone! Dan here. I don't understand why there are so many poor reviews on here? I mean, I guess it is "orange", but if you use the right e/s combo and can blend, you should definitely have this in your collection. I will say this looks great on all skin tones, but I use this more for darker skinned beauties. Try MAC Cranberry e/s on lid and Rule on the bridge/crease area and blend. Just trust me. Throw some Arena on the brow bone and blend. Think about it. Any questions feel free to message me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyeshadow after seeing some reviews on it I didn't own an orange shade so I decided to give this a try. I really do not like this colour on me, Its a matte shadow and I find it doesn't blend well and it does not have much colour payoff. Makes me look a little dead I guess i should have picked a more vibrant orange. For reference i'm NC35. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you want an orange colour but Orange eyeshadow is too bright, I would definitely recommend Rule as a toned down alternative. I really like it for summery looks with browns (Bronze or Amber Lights) or pinks (Sushi Flower) or golds (Goldmine). I took a lippie off though because it can look chalky sometimes and I need quite a bit to get the colour to show and stay. But that can be easily fixed with some eyeshadow primer.

Despite that I would still repurchase this lovely orange shade