October 25, 2014 | 926 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Rule

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite eyeshadows of all time, I will continue to repurchase this everytime I run out. It works amazing with every eyeshadow I have & makes my blue eyes POP! This could look great on any skintone or eye colour. I mainly use it in the crease as a transition colour, its perfect for blendly out brown eyeshadow, but looks great with purples, reds & gold eyeshadows too. Its a very universal eyeshadow. I love to use it to blend out sketch eyeshadow in the crease & cranberry eyeshadow on the lid with abit of expensive pink in the inner corner of the eye. It really adds a pop of colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

One of MAC's matte shadows, I love this on my very brown eyes. Any reddish brown color makes my eyes look great and this one is no exception. The application requires a little effort as with all matte shadows but I find if I just slowly build the product in the desired area it looks great. I know everyone says that oranges and reds are best on blue eyes but they really make my darker eyes look super!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colour for dark skin tones. Awesome for blue eyes. A very light hand with this colour can add warmth to the crease and can work on all skin tones.
It is a bit dry, as all Mac mattes.
Will not repurchase, as I don't think I'll ever hit pan in this lifetime...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Very nice color!! I'm a NC 40 with brown eyes. I love putting this color as a crease with soft brown as a transition color and file 1/3 of the lid gives a nice beautiful fall color. Nice matte color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!! Fantastic orange matte color. I pair this up with a warm light brown shade (like MAC's bamboo) and it gives such a nice warm natural look to my eyes. I'm a MAC NC25-30 shade and I use this eyeshadow in the outer crease to create a natural smoky look. Paired up with MAC's bamboo and BAM!!! You have a beautiful natural looking smoky look..great for those hot Summer days leading up to Fall. Definitely get your hands on this shade. Don't let the color in the pan scare you. The shade is very buildable and blendable. You don't need a lot of product on the brush to get the look you want. A little goes a long way with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indian, NC40/42, dark brown eyes, black hair for reference. This looks amazing blended out in the crease with many lid colors from Ricepaper to Mulch. A must-have for brown people.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this matte burned orange e/s. I use it either all over my eyelid up to crease with a dark brown shadow on the outside of the crease. Or I use it as a transition color. Its very matte so you can wear it for a subtly look or make your look edgy with more bold colors using this as a transition colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ShahnaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favourite colour of the moment! It isn't an intense orange, but it is something different and I love using it for a smokey eye. A makeup artist at MAC told me to try it with cranberry.. I haven't been game to try this yet but it is more versatile than I was expecting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this colour for my NC50 skin, I use it as wash of colour on my lid, underneath a golden/orange primer, and blend them both out with a blending brush, then a nude lip gloss....beautiful, very natural, easy to wear and classy.

(primer the orange tone in the sleek primer palette)
(nude lipgloss-Mac spite...I think)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too chalky on me. I don't do well with matte shadows. I really like how this looks on people with lighter skin coloring, however this was not for me ( nc45 fondation ). I'm returning it tomorrow.