August 30, 2014 | 1570 users online

Lipstick - Sephora - Ultra Gloss Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Delerith

I've bought Ultra-gloss lipstick in 11. Unfortunately, our beauty counter doesn't have testers :( so I chose the color by the bottom of the lipstick :) I took the most non-offensive color but it appeared barely noticeable :D It adds peachy shade to your lips. Not the one I wanted but it's great for summer! Package is good, I don't like the smell but It's only 10$ for such a nice quality! Definitely will try other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rbrewer

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lipstick! I found these for $5 a pop on sale on Sephora's website and decided to give them a try, for fun. I bought Pourpre 45 - a plummy mauve, Cassis 48 - a deep plum, and Beige Rose 42 - a pinky beige which I know so many here have raved about, but which unfortunately is a bit too light and muddy for me. The formula is nice and glossy - though not what I would call "ultra" glossy - and quite moisturing. The color wears off rather quickly but the moisture remains, which is lovely. I like the berry scent, and that you can see the actual color at the bottom of the tube - really helps when you're searching through a drawer or handbag, especially if you have multiple black tubes of stuff banging around in there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by pinky17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this in #42 and it is completely worth the $5 I spent. The lipstick just glides on sooo smoothly and smells great! The color is MLBB on me (MMM). This is a definite repurchase.
I also bought #39 but I don't like it as much because it is too pink on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I got one of these in # 40 "Groseille". Love this formula--very good value for the price, but I had to take a lippie off because the color swatch on-line was sooooo innaccurate. This shade looked like a glossy sheer raspberry pink on the website, but in person, this is holy flaming red. We're talking NARS flaming dust red with a hint more fuschia in it. Looks pretty on if I really want some drama, but It's definitely not what I had been led to believe I was ordering. Also, this is supposed to be an ultra-gloss but I find it even more pigmented and less glossy than the regular gloss formula. I wonder what the "ultra" is supposed to denote here? I thought it meant ultra glossy as in ultra sheer. Maybe it means ultra pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by orionsmommy

hey zoek! im in vegas too and got the 40% off deal! anywho, i bought two-- a glossy pinky/mauve and a golden gloss (which i now used to apply only to the middle of my bottom lip over clear gloss) but i love them both and i just got them yesterday.

these gloss lipsticks work really well, because they're not glossy sticky (which i somtimes hate) but their a nice sheer balance of gloss in a lipstick tube!

absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I bought this because of the reccomendation on MUA and am very happy that I purchased this! I have a neutral pinkish color, and though it was difficult deciding on a product, I am happy I got this one.. it really is quite glossy, but not TOO glossy.. Love it! AND it was 40% off! WhoHOO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like these lipsticks - I have both rose beige and beige. Beige is a very light (but sheer) neutral color on me - it does look beige. Rose beige is more pink than the name implies, but it also looks good on me. They are moisturizing but don't last a long time. They smell like strawberries. I'd say they are worth $10, but not much more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, here I go. Lone voice of dissent, sorry. Got #42 based on reviews here. Not a bad lipstick but, for me, not good. The color turned out to be an unflattering, muddy mauve on me, not a pretty brownish pink (I'm a FFF almost PPP blue-eyed blond). I also got "Fraise" a stawberry red. Neither lasted long at all, maybe an hour tops. I'm starting to believe you just can't combine gloss and lipstick into one. If possible, try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so surprised that I never wrote a review for these fabulous lipsticks. I have been buying and wearing them for almost 2 years no. If I need a pick-me-up Sephora lipsticks will always do the trick - they have every color under the sun and for $10 you cannot go wrong. I like the ulta gloss texture - it is not the longest lasting of course but it feels great on my lips and I don't mind reapplying. I have this lipstick in the following colors: 25,27,38,42,44,50 and 51.
These colors vary from light pink to my lips but better medium pinkish-brown to a soft medium burgandy. Because they lipstick are so sheer I think most of the colors would look good on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is GREAT! Super shine & sheer color. I have it in Beige Rose (#42) and Rose Pale (#38). Will go back & buy more.