October 1, 2014 | 1777 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I don't like this shampoo bar :( I have a 22.7g deluxe sample of this. As stated on its website, 'This convenient natural shampoo bar is just the thing for short to medium-length hair. Its rich, Yucca lather and Peppermint scent stimulate both your scalp and your senses, while Rosemary oil and Oat Proteins help nourish your hair, leaving it looking shiny and healthy.' I really like Burt Bee's philosophy of using natural ingredients to cleanse your body, but I guess this product isn't for me. Like other reviewers, I can't get this shampoo bar to lather. I have to swipe it over my hair many times to cleanse my hair and for the first time in my hair, I feel tired from just shampooing my hair. But the deal-breaker for this product was that even after thoroughly washing it out, my hair feels limp immediately afterward and there was build-up of product. When I run my fingers through my hair, I can feel the slightly oily feeling and it grosses me out. I wash my hair every alternate day, and on the second day, I just couldn't wait to wash my hair with a strong shampoo (Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo) to get rid of all the residue. I tried this product twice, and left it aside, until I read a review about using this as body soap instead. That seems to work for me. But I'll try it as a facial soap too, since this is so natural. I don't know if this is supposed to have a scent, but I was disappointed that I can't smell either the rosemary or mint in this. I guess this product may work for people with fine hair and lives in a colder climate, but I live in the sunny tropics. I will not recommend this product to anybody, and will not be purchasing this shampoo bar again. I can't anyway, since Burt's Bees is unavailable where I live :(
Ingredients: vegetable soap base, glycerin, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, yucca schidigera leaf extract, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf powder, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, panthenol

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my itchy scalp. I have long, thick & curly hair. This makes your hair squeaky clean but unfortunatly it makes it very unhandable too. My hair was a mess, I couldn't get it combed out without loads of detangler.

My mom has short, thin hair and she loves it. She uses it almost on a daily basis. I wouldn't recommend this for people with long hair, as it tangles.

It did feel nice on my itchy scalp, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was impressed by this product. I used it yesterday, and to my surprise it foams up really well. I also noticed when my hair dried, that it had stripped all hair products and oils (natural & synthetic) that was weighing my hair down and causing it to look flat - thus giving volume back to my hair. However, I wouldn't use this every time I shampoo my hair as it would make my hair really dry. I'm going to use a regular, more gentle shampoo and then when I want to get rid of product that has built up in my hair, I'll use this for an extra clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo bar to cut down on the amount of plastic bottles in my cosmetic pantry...and to use a mild shampoo that would not leech the henna dye out of my hair...and I like the eco-friendliness of them. I even was able to wait out the funky hair phase that you usually experience with natural shampoos. If I lathered it really, really well, my hair would turn out decently. But then after about a month or so, my hair reverted back to the stringy greasy feel. It's a good idea, but didn't really work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Oh man oh man i do not like this at all.
ok so i have thick curly hair and i was looking for a gentle,natural shampoo that wouldn't strip my hair of its natural moisture. So after debating on plenty other shampoos dumb me went with this one. And i wasn't too excited about the fact that it was a bar shampoo cuz i never use soap bars cuz they leave that weird dry film on you skin, so having that thought in mind i shouldn't have got this, but i did. dont know why.

man i loved the smell of the rosemary and i seemed to work well while my hair was wet. but once i rinsed it out and let my hair dry ugh! left a drying film on my hair which sucked cuz i was gonna have to get back in and re rinse. oh no that film did not come off! i rinsed and rinsed and rinsed! i even co washed it and nothing! still there gerr so then i had to use a reg shampoo the get it out which i didn't want to do since reg shampoo dries my curls. i was pissed wasted money and time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that this product is still on the market. It is just so godawful. I'm not picky at all about shampoo, and I had a sample of this from a little trial size kit (where most of us seem to have gotten them), so I thought I'd go ahead and use it so it wasn't lying around in my bathroom. I even read the reviews on here and thought "It can't possibly be THAT bad." WRONG! It really does leave my hair feeling like it has residue on it, but that's only when it's wet. It feels ok when it's dry, but it's just so DULL looking. If I take a break and go back to a regular shampoo then it's shiny again. I like the idea of shampoo in a bar form with a paper wrapper and no plastic bottle to add to the landfill, but I also am vain enough to care if my hair is shiny, dammit! I hear LUSH makes shampoo bars, so now I'm curious to try one just to see if the concept is better executed, but this one, um no. It IS fine for washing body/hands with, so no need to let it go totally to waste.

It also doesn't really smell like rosemary or mint.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by radar626

Not one of Burt's Bees better products if you use it as directed on your hair. It leaves hair really dry, even after using conditioner. It made my hair really hard to style after using. It works better as a bath bar, especially for those early mornings. This might work if you have really oily hair day after day, but otherwise skip it or use for your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuk, yuk, yuk. I used this the other night. It lathered okay (I use Organic shampoos so realise the lathering isn't good with these sort of shampoos) but as I started to rinse it out, I realised how dry & straw like my hair felt. It felt horrible, so I just rinsed & rinsed to try & save it.
When I got out, I dried my hair & was horrified to find my normally straight & carefree hair (other than the oiliness!) was matted & coated in horrid gunk which made my hair feel vile.
I thankfully only got it in a sample pack. Therefore I didn't like the paper packaging it came in, not suitable to putting it back in it.
I've washed my hair since & it still has the gunky feel :( Grrr!
Will try it again when I've got nothing better to do & may update!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tarafuji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is TERRIBLE!!! I received a sample of it in a Burt's Bees holiday grab bag, and was eager to try it out because I figured it'd be a great option for traveling or camping. After using it, I made sure to rinse my hair thoroughly. I noticed that it made my hair feel a little strange, but I figured sometimes when you switch to a new shampoo that can happen. I let my hair air dry and by the time it was all dry, my hair was DISGUSTING. It left this weird waxy coating to my hair that made it look and feel like I hadn't showered in weeks. The worst part is, I was planning on going out later that night, so I came home after work and broke out the Kerastase to try to get rid of the build up. THREE lather and rinse cycles later, I figured I'd finally gotten it out. Well guess what - I dried my hair and wouldn't you know, it still feels waxy and oily!!! I WANT THIS STUFF OUT OF MY HAIR NOW!!

Bottom line: Worst BB product I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by couponmakeup

I used this shampoo bar when my hair was pretty oily. After using it, my hair feels much cleaner and more manageable. It definitely feels a lot different than when I've used my other liquid shampoos (sometimes my hair feels a bit oily even after shampooing).