Burt's Bees Therapeutic Bath Crystals

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/28/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have nothing bad to say about this product except for the tin can. But I can totally get over it because the product is too good. I'm a big bath fan and I bath for stress relief, musculoskeletal pain, or when I want to escape the cold winter weather. I've tried many different bath crystals and I think this product beats them all. The smell just makes my whole body go "ahhhh...!" and it helps me release a lot of tension in my body. Love it and I am a big fan.

on 7/14/2009 4:40:00 AM

I have back problems and I adore this product. I don't know how it works and I don't care as long as it keeps doing what it is doing. Since the packaging is metal, I transfer mine to a jar with a scoop. I know that they use the jar because it can be recycled, but it's a pain if it leaves rust rings. After a long workout, this soak helps soooo much. Sitting in a hot tub with this product relaxes me so much I tend to fall asleep. Like I said, very relaxing. Just transfer to another container to prevent rust rings.

on 7/13/2008 2:15:00 PM

Used the whole thing up a while ago.
Verdict: Eh.

Packaging sucked balls, I must say. The tin rusted in my humid bathroom very quickly, and I hated having to reach into the plastic bag inside the rusted tin (with sharp edges- tetanus, here I come). The scent dissipated in less than 4 baths, because of the poor packaging.

Anyway, I don't have the best posture and my shoulders are always cramped. So I was excited to get these bath crystals, and really hoped they'd work for me. Sadly, they wouldn't melt inside my tub full of steaming water. So I tried two things- 1) melt them inside scalding water and then pour that into the tub 2) just sit inside the tub with the unmelted and unmelting crystals poking into my ass like gravel. Both didn't turn out very well, and the crystals did nothing for me.

I used up the whole can because I had nothing better to do before bathing, but there won't be a next time.

on 5/17/2008 10:30:00 PM

Looks like most people like this product, but I didn't. For starters I'm not a huge bath salt fan, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I also just could not get passed the smell. It was too herbal smelling for me...smelled masculine I thought too. And as others have said, it was so hard to open...

on 8/28/2007 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this from a sample pack I purchased when my muscles were in dire need of deep-tissue massage. My skin was also looking something aweful, and I knew I needed some detox therapy quick. Since I had no access to a masseuse, I emptied the packet of bath crystals under really really hot water and added some epsom salts ('cause i was unsure of how detoxifying the crystals alone would be). well, as soon as I hit the water it was as if my entire body had an orgasm (simply an analogy, folks). I could barely get out of the tub I was so relaxed. And my skin looked so amazing afterwards to boot. Highly recommend and will definitely buy the full size.

on 12/14/2006 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love these crystals! The scent is fabulous - very eucalyptus/herbal/minty. It is refreshing and excellent for aromatherapy, sore muscles, or cold/flu. Like everyone else, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. While I like the can itself, the lid is difficult and I have to end up keeping a bottle opener in the bathroom to re-open it each time. Crystal form is nice, dissolves well. If you are extremely sensitive to strong scents, or if you are looking for something floral or "soft" smelling, you won't like this. But, I think it is the cat's meow!

on 8/7/2006 7:33:00 PM

Burts Bath Crystals: Yes yes yes! If you are sore, over-worked, exhausted, taxed - this is your soak (oh, and if your skin isn't too dry and you like a bright citrus/eucalyptus scent). It really does work on sore muscles and weary bones - lives right up to it's Therapeutic name. I pour a little jojoba in the water when I use this just to balance out the salt effect - works great. The only soak that I put above this one is Zia Detoxifying (but that is more expensive) and I agree with everyone who urges Burts to change the packaging because it is hard to open. However, I am certain that there will always be a tub of this on my bathroom shelf for as long as they keep making it!

on 3/22/2006 12:39:00 PM

After a very short time in tub, say 10 minutes, this product became painfully tingly and left a short lived rash on my thighs...which is not a particularly sensitive area! Back to the Tiger Balm!

These are the best bath salts I have ever used! They have a minty smell, more eucalyptus than anything else. When I plunked into the bathtub, all my muscles went "ahhhhh....". I do hate the packaging. Who wants to go dig up a screwdriver everytime they want a relaxing bath?

on 12/25/2005 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I asked for this for Christmas and my mom bought it for me. I'm slightly under the weather, so I poured about 4 tablespoonfulls of this in my hot bath that I just took. The aroma of these crystals is lovely, and I think it smells much better when it's actually in the bath as opposed to when you first open the can. It relaxed my aching muscles and also helped me to breathe better. My skin also feels soft and smooth! I'll definitely repurchase this!

Popular Bath Treatments