Lancome Aquatique Shadow Base

3.5

on 8/3/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have recently been on a mission to find the perfect eye primer, since I'm not happy with my UDPP (liner smudges by midday) and Nars Pro-Prime (patchy application on top of it). I got this in the shade Nude (purchased online so I couldn't get a good sense of the shade) and it's WAY too dark and peachy for my NC10-15 skin. I also don't like the jar packaging as it is not hygienic. My powder shadows seem to go muddy on this - the opposite effect I want a lid primer to have. This product does keep my shadows from creasing (I have oily lids and this helps), but that's about the only thing I liked about it. And it's the one Lancome product I've tried that doesn't contain fragrance. Other than that, thumbs down. My quest continues.....

on 5/22/2014 10:00:00 AM

This is a must have in your beauty arsenal if you have oily eye lids! It is on the drier side as far as the texture, but it applies easily and is very blendable. I have tried Urban Decay, MAC, and Lorac but my eyeshadow melts off with these around 8 hours or before. I work long hours and the Aquatique keeps the eyeshadow on and looking fabulous the entire 12+ hour day!

on 3/29/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when i purchased this as my eye make-up never lasts. After reading about positive reviews i decided to get it. However, it just didn't work for me! It did not improve the stay time of my eye shadow.

I wanted to love this product, I really did! I tried and patiently tried again and again - to no avail. The results were not as promised by the sales associate, and her eyes did look pretty, eye make-up intact, radiant. My eyelids, however, were a mess mid-day - eyeshadow mostly gone, some patches left here and there. In addition, the color of this primer was too dark on me, too yellow, and I used the lightest shade. I took it back to the Lancome counter. One plus: packaging is lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this product for about fifteen years. I wanted something that would help my eye shadow and liner stay in place. The Lancome SA recommended this product. Earlier this year I decided to try MAC Paint Pot Painterly. That is what I am using now, but I still have my Aquatique.

I wanted to try one of the newer products out there and see how it compared to Aquatique. I have to say that Painterly is a great product. It goes on easily and keeps eye shadow and liner in place. However, I do still love Aquatique and go back and forth between these two. The one difference is that Painterly goes on much more smoothly and easier than Aquatique. I don't have to pull and tug as much. Aquatique has a natural color that works with my NW 20/25 complexion. I could use it alone if I just wanted to have a quick, natural look. Aquatique also lasts a long time. I have had this one for almost a year. That's good value!

I did try the UDPP, but had to return it to Sephora because it just didn't work on my drier eyelids. I don't think this will work for mature women like myself. That doesn't mean that it's not a good product. It just means that it's not for me.

I am happy that I tried another product. Now I have two great eye primers that I use interchangeably and still get great results. When I run out of the Aquatique, then I will have to decide if I want to stay with Painterly. But for now I am very happy with both products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoy this product, makes a big difference in how long eyeshadow lasts and how it looks. I am pleased. Not super easy to use...I wind up tugging on my lids, also super fast drying, sometimes I have to do one eye at a time to get them both looking the same.

For the price this product has me pleased. Also has completly eliminated any fall back from shadow on my face, huge timesaver. My tip-pply eyeshadow withh finger, not a brush. allows it to really stick to the base, and easier to do a smoky eye or other technique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this shadow base for about two years and I feel it's time to try something new. I have extremely oily eyelids and use cheap (Prestige 48-color palette) eyeshadow, so maybe it's great this primer keeps color strong for at least half a day, depending on my activity. A relaxing day, maybe 9 hours; bicycling to work and school kinda day, stays only 4-5 hours. One thing I do really like is that the color is a bizarre dark garish yellow on my skin, so I could plan where my wing tips and eyeshadow would be and just paint color on top. I plan to try Jesse's Girl eye primer next, which isn't colored so I'll see how that goes!

on 9/3/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I go back and forth between this and UDPP. I find myself using this one more. I like the texture of this better. I feel like it holds on to my eye shadow color and keeps it locked in longer and stronger then others I've tried. Also, this last wayy longer then a tube of UDPP. I've had aquatique shadow base for a year already

on 9/3/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My stapke for years has been Alexandra de markoff disguise for eyes, the ne plus ultra of shadow bases. It lasts for about fuve years, and now I'm out--and for some reason it is massively back-ordered! So I've been trying out just about everything else I can think of. I want something that evens out the color on my lids, brightens my eyes, that i can wear on its own if necessary, that lets me apply shadow and blend smoothly, without depositing it in glued-down splotches, like UDPP. So I've tried Borghese (made my eyes red), Lorac (shadow application too unueven), Laura Mercier (too hard and stiff and laborious to apply, too uneven), and Edward Bess (really nice on its own, but patchy application). The Lancôme is easy to apply, makes my lids look even and bright, lets me apply e/s really smoothly, and best yet, keeps the e/s in place all day. It also seems to be the perfect base for my new favorite, BB candle light cream shadow. I'm still going to get my old staple if it ever comes back on the market, but in the meantime I'll be using this. 9/21/12: so far I'm really happy. It makes my shadow really stick, but it is also bendable. You just have to pat it on. What more could you want? I am adding a star.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have worn this as my eyelid primer for over 15 years, I swore by it for so many years that I didn't need to change. I have tried Urban Decays and Too Faced's primers though, and this is far superior. It does last a whole year and your shadow with never crease. I did however find something by chance I like better that offers 4 times the amount of product for the same price (Dalton Cosmetics Conceal it) but if you want to try a primer that works great I still whole-heartedly say this is a winner. Especially because it is readily available and is waterproof. Great product.