August 21, 2014 | 1578 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by shoroukAlgemaey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

the coconut lip butter was my first lip butter from the body shop it's very moisturizing and smells amazing like real coconuts , it makes my lips so soft and supple, i also put it before lipstick its perfect i loved it and of course i will repurchase another one but i would like to try the other the scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive 7$ not a US resident
Makes your lips white (ish)
Horrible chemical taste
Coconut (like) smell
DRIES your lips like no other !!!!!! I had horrible dried out lips IMMEDIATELY after the FIRST application !!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Cute packaging
moisturizing
smells delicious
has a slight coconut taste
sinks into your lips
no irritating tingle
no spf

Cons:
leaves white cast if applied too heavily
pricey in my opinion ($6 at Ulta)
the pot could be unhygienic in some situations
Some say it could get hard, but I live in a very hot area so I have yet to experience this.

I would recommend applying it lightly for day use and heavily at night before bed. I might buy it again because I'm coconut obsessed unless I find a coconut lip balm I like more and is cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A little greasy, slides off my lips, but smells so amazing I will probably treat my nose to it again. Looks nice and shiny over lip colour instead of a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I picked this up while I was checking out at Ulta (damn those impulse buy shelves with all the twee travel sized things!!) after hearing about it on Tiffany D's channel. She's right - it does leave a white cast. Even if it didn't, it's still not something I'd wear during the day. I'm constantly rubbing and pressing my lips together, and this is too slick to wear through that. I prefer something like the Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect for that. So I prefer to smear it all over my lips and head to bed. I wake up with baby soft lips. Plus, my husband loves the smell of coconuts, so he naturally loves this too. It's pretty awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Zippernose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST lip butter I've ever owned! When I apply this on my lips at night, I wake up with baby soft lips. My bf always says my lips are really soft when he kisses me and all the credit goes to this product. I seriously love it and recommend it to people who have really chapped lips or live somewhere where there are dry winters.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mccheese

I wish I could give this a higher rating, because I love the scent. However, this product is just no good, it made my lips completely dry out to the point of the corners of my mouth cracking, which now hurts. I got one for me and one for my mum for xmas, she loved it at first, but after a week or so it made her lips very dry as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by hopelesschocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For this product the smell won me over. I buy MANY lipbalms and this is a relatively good one. It smells great. ( I love coconut!!!) It does moisturize and become slightly addicting. Sadly, is a bit pricey for its size (quite small), but its The Body Shop so I shouldn't complain, eventhough there are better and cheaper ones out there. This isn't ment to have any colour or shine, which it doesn't, but I just expected it do be slightly better quality and last slightly longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It looked cute and compact when I saw it in store so bought it.
Technically i wouldn't mind the price IF it worked but it doesn't so is a rip-off to me.
It left a white film on my lips. At first I thought it was helping my chapped lips but then I realized I couldn't feel the chaps because the layer was so disgustingly thick...a combination of the butter and a white film. EWW!

NB:
the packaging may look cute and compact but it isn't practical with those of us with long fingernails and/or big fingers... so not hygienic

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShatterGlass89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally...I love the Body shop...but this is a total miss. Frist off, the packaging is really cute, which is the main reason why I bought it. However, this does absolutely nothing for your lips. If you apply this to your lips, it leaves a white film and it doesn't penetrate into the skin, which is the reason why your lips aren't moisturized afterwards. All in all, don't try this, try the MAC Lip Conditioner instead ^^.