August 31, 2014 | 1314 users online

Liquid - Aveda - Base Plus Balance

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Lovelybigbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this base so much. It's a very great quality. I can use as foundation,too not only base. And it give me a healthy look. Look real, not look fake and easy to rinse off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really hate that Aveda has decided to discontinue this product. It is my HG foundation. It moisturizes, covers well, long wearing and does not wear off easily (does not get on my clothes). The closest shade to my complexion is a shade darker, but it actually makes me look like I have a natural tan, so it's a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2005 4:07:00 AM More reviews by minnieHK

This foundation smells divine, makes my fair skin look healthy, glowing and natural. Great if you have sensitive or combination/dry skin types. Goes on well, but probably works best with a little loose powder over the top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 7:58:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to really like this foundation before I discovered Armani. I used Sand which was a bit too yellow for me (Armani #2).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by emkoresko

I was first introduced to this product at an Aveda salon during my "trial run" make-up session for my wedding. The color was very natural looking and it matched my fair skin tone perfectly (I use Flaxen) so I bought a bottle that day to use as my every day foundation. I prefer a fragrance free formula, but the scent of this wasn't horrible, just a little strong. While this is very pretty on, after just a short period of time it starts to feel very oily on my skin. I can use blotting sheets or load up my face with powder, and the shine will still come right back. I have normal/combination skin, so it seems this product is really meant for those with drier skin. I will hold onto this until I can find another foundation that matches this, but I would only buy this again to wear in the winter, when my skin tends to get a little dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 11:14:00 PM More reviews by JMJM

This is one of the first foundations I've ever tried, and I'm pretty happy with it... Too bad it's discontinued!

The coverage is nice (but not enough for my acne scars), "Wheat" is a good colour for me, and nicely moisturizing. Also, because this is Aveda, it's probably not as chemical-y as others. You definitely need a powder for this one! I use MAC blotting powder in medium dark and it looks great.

I'll keep looking; I hear Aveda is coming out with their Inner Light version of this in May...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 9:15:00 AM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation and I really clicked. I find it easy to apply and the shade I use really matches my skin tone. Good for light use as a concealer or for a more made-up look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MFAligo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for years after my Aveda hairstylist sampled it on my skin and I loved the difference it made in my complexion tone. Yet, every now and then I got comments about how oily my foundation looked even though I have a normal skin type. When I stopped using Aveda base I no longer needed to blot and or use loose powder to tone down the shine. Have been searching for a less oily foundation ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by bellaluca

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use a loose powder without putting any liquid foundation underneath but use this for occasions where wearing makeup is necessary. I love the way this foundation feels on my oily skin - so light and refreshing. Hazle is perfect for my tanned complexion. I like this better than the Guerlain foundation because of the perfect color match and the price. $18 for 1oz.
Ingredients: Water(Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleater, Jojoba Oil(Buxus Chinensis), Squalane(Olive), Talc, Glycerin, Sorbitan Laurate, Cyclomethicone(Silica), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sucrose Cocoate, Burdock Extract(Arctium Lappa), Bisabolol(Camomile), Borage Seed Oil(Borago Officinalis), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Licorice Extract(Glycyrrhiza Glabra), Ceramide 3, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mica, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Aveda's own natural fragrance of pure flower and plant ingredients, Cellu.ose Gum, Plysorbate 61(corn), Potassium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, May contain Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxide(CI 77491, 77492, 77499)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a *wonderful* foundation! I don't know what took me so long to buy it as I have wanted it since my MA from my wedding used it on me (see pics in profile). I am a sensitive skinned PPP (MAC NW 20 and Stila 20 watt), and Sand is a perfect match for me. Using this foundation and Avedas conceal + protect concealer under my eyes gives me a flawless natural looking face! The finish on this foundation is very natural to dewy. It just "sinks" into my skin and blends perfectly. My skin is combo-dry (normal-dry in summer, and very dry in winter)and acne-prone (yet no breakouts with current skincare regimin). I have had great difficulites in the past with foundations making me either more dry or accentuating flakes (even with lots of moisturizer before)or irritating my skin. This foundation doesn't accentuate flakes nor dry me out. It feels very comfortable on my skin, and lasts all day! I would say the coverage is medium-light, but buildable. You may need concealer for blemishes with this one (but I don't have any), but it evens out skintone beautifully, and I have a *lot* of redness to cover. I highly recommend!!! I just wish it came in a squeeze bottle (but that is just a personal preferance of mine). Oh, and it is scented ("aveda" scent...some say it smells like roses, but mine just smells like typical "aveda" scent)...and scents usually bother my skin or irriate me in products, but not this one. This just may be a HG for me!