Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy

4.2

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Emulsifying Wax NE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract (Yarrow), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Trifolium Pratense Extract (Clover), Fragrance, Sucrose Stearate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Proline, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 6/7/2015 10:46:00 AM

This is a horrible hand cream, one of the worst. It doesn't do anything at all. My hands feel dry after 15-30 mins of using this hand cream. I was using this during summer time, I can't image what it does during winter time.

It was a waste of money.

on 4/14/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with some prior reviewers. This cream feels wonderful on application, but within an unreasonably short time, my hands feel dry and in need of hand lotion. This one is not worth the cost.

on 11/18/2014 4:51:00 AM

Got this as a gift. The scent is ok. Not great but not horrid. This is one of the rare hand creams I've tried that ''loses'' it's moisturizing feel about 20 mins after I apply it. It goes on oily, but my hands feel tight and dry after 20 mins upon application. And I'm not even talking about winter conditions. I'm talking about humid, tropical conditions.

I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardeners Hand Therapy, LÓccitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, and Eucerin Intensive Repair Hand Cream.

The material of the tube causes the cream to ''leak'' as it ages or as I fold it to push the cream nearer the opening of the tube.

on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cream . Its so luxurious feeling and smells like ocean salt . It's really nice fresh . The lotion absorbs instantly and makes your hands feel like silk . Just don't use too much because they'll get a little slippery. The cream lasts even after washes and keeps your hands protected . Its a little pricey though , for the tiny tube . Not far out of my budget but it's not something I'll indulge in until it's on offer . For everyday use I use gold bond restoring since it has a lot of antioxidants and urea for cell turnover .
Oh the packaging for this cream really needs to be re done . It's awful . It comes in a tiny metal tube with a very annoying twist off plastic cap . The metal tube gets all disfigured as you start to run out which is 1) ugly and 2) dangerous . The tube can actually get sharp and tear your bag if you're not careful with how you store it . Even worse it can cut you! I gave it a 1 for packaging .
Sometimes during the holidays they'll offer really good deals on all the tiniest travel size tubes . That's a good time to experiment with the different scents and even give some out as gifts . So far I like this one the most though, something about the oceany smell I just love . It smells like joico's moisture recovery conditioner actually

on 3/16/2012 2:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn and have been testing it for a couple of days. In my opinion, this is just an average hand cream. Sure the scent is nice but I don't find it to be very moisturizing. I prefer the hand creams I've tried from The Body Shop. I wouldn't buy this in full size. continued >>

on 2/3/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

along with C&Es gardeners hand therapy, this is the best hand cream I've ever used. smells great, absorbs straight into skin leaving hands moist without any stickiness or residue. my hands aren't too dry so i only use a really small amount at a time so this lasts forever . definitely worth the price.

on 9/12/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Received this as a birthday gift. I like the packaging. Very elegant and easy to carry. The scent is ok, nothing special. I prefer their lavender or rose water scent over this. Also, Crabtree's lotions tends to be a little bit too oily. One good thing about their lotion is that the scent last a long time after applying it on.

on 7/17/2011 1:54:00 PM

I received this as a gift and was anxious to try it, as hand cream is one of the few beauty products which I don't splurge on. Sadly, I was really disappointed. I hate the smell of this, it's a little oceanic, but not in a nice way, it's hard to describe. The packaging of my small tube is also a bit annoying, as it's had to get the lid back on after I've used the cream. I normally have really soft hands, but after backpacking for 8 months with basic toiletries, they needed some TLC to get them back to their best. However, despite applying this a few times a day for 3 weeks, I'm really seeing no noticeable effect, apart from a slight greasiness on the tops of my hands which lingers for a while after application (not nice!) However, the consistency isn't too thick, which is a plus, and it absorbs fine on the palms of my hands - it just doesn't soften them! I can't understand why this gets such rave reviews, I can't wait to finish it and try something else!

on 6/9/2011 12:57:00 PM

The slimiest lotion I've ever used. I do feel it heals and protects my hands with its glycerin content, but I just can't get past the slimy coating it leaves temporarily. The scent is okay, not as offensive as some BBW or drugstore lotions. The packaging doesn't work for me though. It's some pressurized metal tubing that keeps pushing out lotion by itself unless you cap it quickly (and the cap is tiny and fiddly). Then when you get to the end of the product, you have the opposite problem where you practically need a crimping tool so you can crush the metal into giving you the last 20% of lotion. Ugh, not worth it.

on 3/10/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received the La Source set a year or two ago as a gift, but didn't show much interest in it then. I stumbled upon it recently while cleaning out my bath products and decided to re-try it on a whim. I can't believe that I haven't been using this lotion! It smells incredible, softens like no other lotion, and there is no greasy residue leftover afterwards. Maybe the condition of my hands have changed in the last year or two, but this product is absolutely incredible. I use it multiple times of day and leave it on my desk at work. I will certainly repurchase. I am curious to see if this will be too rich in the summer months, so I will follow up with an update then. The packaging is great as well, but I'm not sure if it will be difficult to get the last remnants of it when it starts running out. As for the price, it isn't dirt-cheap but it also is less than many department store brands I have tried. It is reasonable enough that I plan on re-purchasing again and again.

On a side note, I don't use the corresponding scrub with it because my hands are far too dry and rough right now for a scrub. But I am going to try it out once they regain their condition.

Top Rated Crabtree & Evelyn Products