August 29, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Crabtree & Evelyn - La Source Hand Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love this cream . Its so luxurious feeling and smells like ocean salt . It's really nice fresh . The lotion absorbs instantly and makes your hands feel like silk . Just don't use too much because they'll get a little slippery. The cream lasts even after washes and keeps your hands protected . Its a little pricey though , for the tiny tube . Not far out of my budget but it's not something I'll indulge in until it's on offer . For everyday use I use gold bond restoring since it has a lot of antioxidants and urea for cell turnover .
Oh the packaging for this cream really needs to be re done . It's awful . It comes in a tiny metal tube with a very annoying twist off plastic cap . The metal tube gets all disfigured as you start to run out which is 1) ugly and 2) dangerous . The tube can actually get sharp and tear your bag if you're not careful with how you store it . Even worse it can cut you! I gave it a 1 for packaging .
Sometimes during the holidays they'll offer really good deals on all the tiniest travel size tubes . That's a good time to experiment with the different scents and even give some out as gifts . So far I like this one the most though, something about the oceany smell I just love . It smells like joico's moisture recovery conditioner actually

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn and have been testing it for a couple of days. In my opinion, this is just an average hand cream. Sure the scent is nice but I don't find it to be very moisturizing. I prefer the hand creams I've tried from The Body Shop. I wouldn't buy this in full size. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

along with C&Es gardeners hand therapy, this is the best hand cream I've ever used. smells great, absorbs straight into skin leaving hands moist without any stickiness or residue. my hands aren't too dry so i only use a really small amount at a time so this lasts forever . definitely worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Starra1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Received this as a birthday gift. I like the packaging. Very elegant and easy to carry. The scent is ok, nothing special. I prefer their lavender or rose water scent over this. Also, Crabtree's lotions tends to be a little bit too oily. One good thing about their lotion is that the scent last a long time after applying it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift and was anxious to try it, as hand cream is one of the few beauty products which I don't splurge on. Sadly, I was really disappointed. I hate the smell of this, it's a little oceanic, but not in a nice way, it's hard to describe. The packaging of my small tube is also a bit annoying, as it's had to get the lid back on after I've used the cream. I normally have really soft hands, but after backpacking for 8 months with basic toiletries, they needed some TLC to get them back to their best. However, despite applying this a few times a day for 3 weeks, I'm really seeing no noticeable effect, apart from a slight greasiness on the tops of my hands which lingers for a while after application (not nice!) However, the consistency isn't too thick, which is a plus, and it absorbs fine on the palms of my hands - it just doesn't soften them! I can't understand why this gets such rave reviews, I can't wait to finish it and try something else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

The slimiest lotion I've ever used. I do feel it heals and protects my hands with its glycerin content, but I just can't get past the slimy coating it leaves temporarily. The scent is okay, not as offensive as some BBW or drugstore lotions. The packaging doesn't work for me though. It's some pressurized metal tubing that keeps pushing out lotion by itself unless you cap it quickly (and the cap is tiny and fiddly). Then when you get to the end of the product, you have the opposite problem where you practically need a crimping tool so you can crush the metal into giving you the last 20% of lotion. Ugh, not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by luckyerialc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received the La Source set a year or two ago as a gift, but didn't show much interest in it then. I stumbled upon it recently while cleaning out my bath products and decided to re-try it on a whim. I can't believe that I haven't been using this lotion! It smells incredible, softens like no other lotion, and there is no greasy residue leftover afterwards. Maybe the condition of my hands have changed in the last year or two, but this product is absolutely incredible. I use it multiple times of day and leave it on my desk at work. I will certainly repurchase. I am curious to see if this will be too rich in the summer months, so I will follow up with an update then. The packaging is great as well, but I'm not sure if it will be difficult to get the last remnants of it when it starts running out. As for the price, it isn't dirt-cheap but it also is less than many department store brands I have tried. It is reasonable enough that I plan on re-purchasing again and again.

On a side note, I don't use the corresponding scrub with it because my hands are far too dry and rough right now for a scrub. But I am going to try it out once they regain their condition.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite hand cream - it just edges out L'occitane Shea Hand Cream, because it smells better, and it absorbs much much MUCH quicker.

I use this many times a day, but also love to use it at night just before going to bed. It is rich and nourishing, yet absorbs quickly and completely - no residue.

It also smells beautiful, but most importantly - it keeps my hands soft (sunscreen keeps them young). I actually get compliments on a strangely frequent basis about the softness of my hands. This cream (paired with the hand scrub that goes with it) is my secret.

EDIT: Have had to give this a 4 now, as it hasnt been working for me nearly as well in winter, and Ive now found my HG - Jurlique Jasmine Hand Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG handcream: smells wonderful, moisturises my hands perfectly (even if the weather is cold, windy and dry) and a little goes a long way. It does not stick and it is easily absorbed. I have repurchased this little gem over and over again. A tiny pricey (but not as expensive like high end brands) and just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Gosh, would I repurchased again...I did many times. When I find something I really like, I have a tendency to want to buy all of it and share. I did. I purchased this last Christmas and really love that it was very light and the scent is very subtle and very clean. I think that's what i love about it. It goes on nicely and not greasy at all. I just put some on now and it sunk right into my skin immediately and ready to type away. I loved it so much that I bought two sets for my mom and mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I'm one of the lucky ones. My mother-in-law is one of my best friends. I bought the little ones for my purse and office. I went thru the small one (1.7 oz) already and I'm on my second one or is it my third?? Anyway, I also bought two of the 3.4 oz. One by my bed side and the other one in my bathroom. I love hand lotions and will often use two/three different types if they go on light and greaseless. I also bought more of this in kits to give away for Christmas! I am ready-freddy!