Lancome Tonique Controle

4.3

on 11/21/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this toner! I have to say I love most Lancome products, but this is the first toner I have bought from them. It says it's for oily skin, however I have dry skin and it works just as well for me. You just have to shake it up really well before you put it on. I'm not sure how much it is at the department store. I know it still sells there, but I always order things online. Well, I got lucky and I found this for $10 for a full size bottle. (That may sound high to some people, but for Lancome it's cheap!) It's a large bottle and it will probably last me a long time because I don't over use it. I just wanted to post this because I do have regular to dry skin and it works great for me! It's not just for oily skinned people.

on 9/17/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm in love with my toner! This toner is really really great! I love the way it makes my skin feel after I use it. Does the "powder" really help to control my oily t zone? Not so much but... the over all appearence of my skin is better. The packaging? Its your basic toner in a bottle. The price WAY TOO MUCH! I wish there was a ds version of this. Over all once again I'm forced to be a stave to those devils at the department stores who make great products but charge so much that now my poor husband will have to work over time just so I can feel pretty. I will purchase this again. :-)

on 1/15/2008 3:16:00 AM

This is a good toner for combination skin; it keeps my skin fairly clear without making my face feel too tight or dry. It has helped to control the oil on my face and tighten the pores on my t-zone.
I've been using this generously twice a day for 5 months so its pretty good value considering that it actually shows results! I think I will try another product next as my skin seems to have gotten a bit too used to this right now, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this again.

on 10/19/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a must have toner for those with oily skin. I use this with a cotton ball and it gets rid of any last traces of makeup as well as shrinks my pore. It has mattifying powders in it, so you have to shake it up before using. If ind that this does help control oil on my face. A++++ product and it retails for $21 (6.8 oz). Mine is a little under half way full and I've had it for about 4 months.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was told that in order to have clear skin, I should purchase this product by the girls selling Lancome products. I did, and I used it for half a year, without seeing any beneficial results. I've read on professional skin care sites, that the less chemicals, the better. After studying skincare for years, I've learned that clear, clean and chemical-free cold water will close the pores JUST as good as this product which is laden with harsh cleansing chemicals.

on 6/30/2005 1:46:00 AM

I bought Tonique Controle along with Gel Controle and Pure Focus Exfoliator to get rid of my T-Zone pimples. The Gel didn't work well for me, but this toner is actually a pretty good toner. Tonique Controle did help reduce shine in my T-zone area, but my skin wasn't exactly matte. I really like the idea, but the powders sometimes left white streaks on my face. In my opinion this toner was a little too drying, probably because my cheek or forehead skin isn't oily. It's just my nose and chin, really. Since the Controle line didn't work for me, I switched to Clarte, which is more suitable for me, I think. I like the packaging a lot, it comes in a really nice, clear bottle with a screw on cap, and I believe it'll last a good 6 months or so.

At first i didn`t really like it, but after a few months, i returned to using the remaining half bottle left and now i like it lol! It`s really good in the summer time, absorbs oil, is a good base for moisturizers to work on and smells nice! `But there`s some alcohol in it which makes my skin kinda tight sometimes so i don`t like that. Also a lil on the expensive side (31$CAD) i think. Other than these two flaws, i think it`s a nice toner :)

on 2/17/2005 8:01:00 PM

one of the best toners I have used - great smell and does a great job of keeping my face oil free. A little pricey, though, but that's to be expect with Lancome!

on 12/24/2004 11:42:00 AM

After L'Oreal discontinued their comparable product L'Oreal Plenitude shine Controle Double Action toner, I went to the Lancôme in search for a comparable product. Behold Tonique control. I love this stuff, because it keeps my oilies at bay. The rep at the Lancôme counter stated they are discontinuing this product and I was sad about that. The next day I found my beloved L'Oreal Plenitude toner at my local Big Lots. I scooped all six bottles for $3.99 each on the shelf! I will finish using this bottle and hope they create something similar. This was my HG toner and it took me years to find. Let's hope the cosmetic gods and goddesses are kind and create something similar.

on 11/29/2004 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it contains alcohol and i dont like it

Top Rated Lancome Products