October 26, 2014 | 1187 users online

Toners - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Astringent

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always have a bottle of this stuff on hand. It is great. I don't use it everyday though, I only use it when I have acne (which I get at random times, not very frequent). I just put some on a cotton pad and then put it right on the acne, kinda like an acne treatment. It helps to dry it up and make my acne disappear fast. I don't use it all over my skin though as a toner. It seems to work for me as a spot treatment. As some of the reviews mentioned it does dry up the skin, it does the same for mine so just using it on acne is the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Aveeno Clear Complexion line after reading reviews for it in magazines. Unfortunately, the only thing that this product has going for it is the price. I did find it better than most drugstore brands, but not by too much. Even though this astringent did its job, it left my face feeling a little dry and tight. Definitely would not go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by mascaratiggs

This is a great product for ppl who have acne-prone skin and whose skin is habituated to salicylic acid and other strong active ingredients. For such ppl it won't feel harsh or drying.. in fact it will feel quite soothing as Aveeno has added some calming natural ingredients and there is no harsh alcohol, unlike with a lot of other toners. However if you are not acne-prone or not used to acne-related products it may feel harsh on your skin. Smells great, tightens pores to keep spots away! Great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by medic4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i think it would be good for people with acne or pimples and oil, not good for sensitive clear skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lenammi

At first this product was great until it started to irritate my skin. Before that happened, it made my skin really clear and glowing. I found out that my skin does not like salicylic acid so unfortunately that is why this product irritated my skin, but if you have no problems with salicylic acid this product is amazing. It has a great, refreshing scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gentle option for people with sensitive skin who want to use a toner. Personally, I didn't notice a difference either way when I used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

in buying aveeno clear complexion astringent, i was hoping for a perfectly "clear complexion" haha >.< well i have to say the astringent did clean my face not bad, toning wasnt too bad, i did not react to this product like i did with the cleanser so i continue to use this... overall this is a good product... i will repurchase unless i find my perfect product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2005 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alicialynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this. For an astringent with salicylic acid in it, this so far has not overdryed my face at all. I've only been using it for a little over a week, so it didn't completely clear my blemishes or anything, but it "tones" my skin and removes last traces of make-up, dirt and oil well (which is basically what I bought it for). Good product overall.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Cloudydays

Nothing special about this product. Didnt notice any changes or improvements on my acne, but it didnt dry out my skin either, although alcohol is the second ingredient on the bottle. It did help get the remaining makeup and stuff off my face, but other than that, it didnt do anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by lovemichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this toner, but I seem to run out too quickly. It doesn't dry my skin out at all so I like it, but I want to try to Dove toner after reading the reviews.