April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Mirenesse - Secret Weapon Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MUglow

Mascara is the same brushes are different.
- Thick: ( wider set bristles, gets the most product on, will get on your skin if you have sparser lashes),
-Original: ( regular mascara brush, not my fave),
-Long: (closer set bristles defines each lash)

Use the long brush and thick brush, when time allows.
if you don't have time and use the thick brush look down instead of up so you don't get any on your lids.

If it dries as per instructions add a drop or two of filtered or distilled water.

Very dark, lasts all day doesn't smear. Really love it.
haven't used another mascara since i tried it.

however i wish it has a bit of a sheen like max factors 2000 calorie mascara. Iwould only take off 1/2 a star for that. if i could.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Soffy

First mascara I really used. It's the only mascara I've used that's ben 100% smudgeproof and it gives long, beautifully separated lashes. Only complaint is that it doesn't give much volume, but exactly that makes it perfect for a natural look.

Tip: I've also had problems with it being a bit dry, but just added a few drops of water. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it actually helped a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by PTom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Grrrrrrrrrr. MULTIPLE times, I have opened Mirenesse mascara, sealed, to find dried out clumps. When this mascara is good, it is the best. But, when Mirenesse mascara is bad, Mirenesse will not replace unless the customer provides the order #. (I do not keep order #'s.) It seemed they expressed no remorse or concern about their dried out product, nor did they express desire to research the cause of the problem. Now, I read other reviews that tell of Mirenesse mascara tubes with "dried out clumps". It makes me wonder if they are sending old product to USA customers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Moynehan

I got a very reasonably priced sample of this from 'latest in beauty' or would never have tried it. I generally dislike mascara as my eyes water alot and I seem to have oddly place lashes that point all over the place on one eye - so I'm inclined to leave them alone and not draw attention to them!
For a few years I've used cake mascaras that seem to smudge and bleed less and give a subtle look, but this Miranesse Mascara sample blew them out of the water.
It is quite subtle - not really obviously made up spiders legs eyelashes which I don't want at all. I find it very easy to apply, any odd mistakes really easy to remove, and it never smudges at all on me.
To start with I had a few problems removing it - with little bits ending up in myy eyes but, after a bit of trial and error, I have that sorted and I can't imagine I will now ever use a diferent mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MPH77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this Mineresse Mascara, I use it as my everyday mascara, for a nice casual look. Years ago I had trouble wish lashes that kept breaking and wouldn't grow very fast, but this little gem fixed the problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by angelrose918

I used to love this mascara!

Even though it does only give a more natural look, it was adequate for my day look, long-wearing, smudge-proof. I also simply loved how it came off so easily with warm water.

My recent 2 purchases of this product have been less than impressive (similar to what people have already been saying), the product must have been old when it was sent to me because it was dry and did not apply to my eyelashes well.. and at that price I am not gonna bother a third time, I've bought Blinc Mascara to try since it does similar things..

On a side note my favorite mascaras are Lash Architect by L'Oreal (cheaper option), or Hypnose by Lancome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Underwhelmed, sorry! I find the formula darkens and separates my lashes, and applies smoothly and evenly without clumping - it's just that I get neither impressive length nor volume. Length is not such an issue for me as my lashes are pretty long naturally, but I desperately need my mascara to boost volume. With SW, my lashes are puny not plump - even when I have PILED on the coats.
So, I like that this mascara is an easy-to-apply-easy-to-remove formulation, but the look is ultra-natural (and I think I could get a similar 'faux naturel' look from a d/s brand.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by CuteMo

When I first tried this out, my first thought was "good thing I got the travel sized one." But somehow, after the first use it got better. It's still dry (I'm a bit leery to add water to it), but it gives a very subtle look that I would describe as feathery. I like the brush, shipping came 10 days earlier than expected, and the prices were nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by minerva1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my favourite mascara. I used it for 6 years and was perfectly happy. However, when I bought my third to last one, after about a week it was dry and clumpy coming out of the tube. I thought that I must have just been sent some old stock - and I was such a faithful user that I ordered another. Same thing happened! Once more I bought another and after a month it was clumpy. I rang them up and they suggested that I put a drop or 2 of warm water in the tube to loosen the mascara. Well that worked but it started to flake when I was wearing it. So I said goodbye to it and have moved on to Avon Super Extend. It looks the same on as the Secret Weapon and it is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer, and it lasts all day without smudging. I don't need eye makeup remover as the mascara forms tubes over your eyelashes - all you need is water to remove them (I do this in the shower). Easy! Mirenesse have regular specials so I rarely pay full price.