November 21, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Lip Liner- Magenta

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is such a nice lip pencil, I love MACís pencils in general because they are so buttery and glide on without tugging. This is a bright pink/purple that looks great with Heroine, Up the Amp, and anything else you have that is in the berry purple family. On its own it is a gorgeous matte bright berry shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, clearly I am not in the majority as I am not a fan of MAC's lip liners. I do not find them creamy like everyone else does and I am left unimpressed with the color payoff. This color just wasn't as vibrant as I expected it to be at all and that's a bummer for the price.

I have been trying to give MAC liners a fair shake for upwards 20 years now and am always disappointed. I think I will stick with some of the much creamier formulas out there which cost a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Creamy & quality as most Mac lip pencils.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I saw a girl at the MAC store wearing this and i loved it!
It's a magenta with a hint of purple..i use it all over my lips, then put a lip balm over it and blot. It helps keep my lips moist because it is on the dry side.
The color is gorgeous!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Love this shade of lip liner it is so gorgeous and so unusual, it made it a must have for my collection.
The formula of the liner itself is quite dry, yet its very smooth to apply. I recently bought a Maybelline lipstick in the shade 'Midnight Plum' that pairs very well with this liner, but if you were looking to match MAC with MAC then shades like 'Heroine' or 'Violetta' go very well with it. Or you can wear it alone, which I tend to prefer to do.
The colour itself is a duochrome magenta pink matched with quite a deep plummy purple, as it is a duochrome the colour itself can either look more pink or more purple depending on the way the light catches. I've never really found a liner similar to this made by any other brand, so its a good one to have. Not only that, the colour is so rich and vibrant when you apply it, it will literally last all day and not budge, as if acting like a stain to the lips.
I think the only negative that I could draw from this and the reason why it doesn't achieve full marks is because it is unbelievably drying. I know that most lip liners are drying, but I own and wear other lip liners that are not anywhere near as bad as this one. My lips are so sore and dried out and cracked after just one days wear, so I have to load up one the lip balm before applying.
Overall, its a beautiful, true colour shade, and I would most definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, it is a vibrant, pinky purple color. I wear it mostly with Up the Amp, Violetta, Heroine, Show Orchid, Lickable, and Girl about Town. It pairs with those beautifully.
The product itself is wonderful! These are definitely worth the price, and are the best lip pencils I've tried. They are creamy and pigmented, they last a long time on the lip, and sharpen to a nice point. They are my ideal lip liner, and i've been very impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale and MAC "Magenta" looks quite dark and purple on my lips. It doesn't really go with some fuchsia lipsticks I recently bought.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I went into to buy MAC Rebel Lipstick, the make up artist pushed lipliner on me and assuming she would know what was best, she threw in a MAC lipliner in the shade of Magenta. Unfortunately, the shades don't even compliment each other. It was very disappointing but it reassured me that I don't need lip liner. I have huge lips and It's just not necessary. I end up looking like miss piggy. No thank you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Magenta lip liner as I wanted a fuchsia liner to wear under my bright pink lippies, particularly Girl about Town. However after using this I have decided that it is too purpley for me. I definitely think this will suit cooler skin tones (I'm NC30 for reference.) Girl about town lipstick looks far better without Magenta lip liner underneath. It does apply really smoothly, it's just not the colour that I was after. X

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a gorgeous berry plum fuschia liner. I prefer Prestige's lip liner "Love," which is very similar except slightly lighter in shade, so it works better with my fair skin.