Burt's Bees Facial in a Kit [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas, + decided to try it out before going to dinner. It came with cleanser, scrub, + mask powder. It told you to use toner + moisturizer as well.... but didn't include that stuff.

I have pretty sensitive skin, but it didn't really hurt me at all. but now I have a bunch of leftover cleanser + scrub. This was my first facial, so I don't know how I'm "supposed" to feel, but I don't really feel any different. My forehead is also REALLY shiny right now. But it smelled nice, I guess. Just don't bother, for your money.

on 12/24/2005 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a strange smelling kit but I like the products. I got mine at drugstore.com and they included different things than were listed on the description. Oh well, I like it anyway. A very good way to try this stuff for about 10 dollars.

on 2/4/2004 6:31:00 PM

This thing is so incredibly concentrated.............perhaps a warning should be posted on the package, since it is so easy to overuse the products. I never used the masks, so I used the masks as perfumed body powder (they are actually cheaper than the real ones, now I think about it...). The parsley pimple stick REALLY STINGS when I first put it on. I was tempted to write a negative review, but I woke up and the pimple had stopped inflamming. My guess is that parsley had antibacterial properties.

on 8/24/2003 5:15:00 PM

I have combo-mature skin that is normally very clear, but the Burt's products made me break out like a teenager. I am so disappointed in the whole line. The cleansers are too greasy, the moisturizers too heavy, the mask made my face red and inflamed. As much as I would like to, I cannot recommend a single product included in this kit. Kudos to Burt's for attempting to create natural products that are cruelty-free. Perhaps they should now spend more time ensuring that the products actually work....

on 2/10/2003 2:15:00 AM

While I find Burts Bees packaging really cute, this kit didn't do much for me. It didn't make my skin feel clean and while the scents are pleasant, it just wasn't anything wow.

on 2/10/2003 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a kit of facial products, including a cleanser, 2 face masks, and some lotions. The cleanser smelled great, like oranges but it made my face breakout and I never breakout. It was too oily for my skin so maybe it would work better on dryer skin types, it just didn't agree with my skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products