April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Skincare - Face - Burt's Bees - Facial in a Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by chlorinebeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas, + decided to try it out before going to dinner. It came with cleanser, scrub, + mask powder. It told you to use toner + moisturizer as well.... but didn't include that stuff.

I have pretty sensitive skin, but it didn't really hurt me at all. but now I have a bunch of leftover cleanser + scrub. This was my first facial, so I don't know how I'm "supposed" to feel, but I don't really feel any different. My forehead is also REALLY shiny right now. But it smelled nice, I guess. Just don't bother, for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a strange smelling kit but I like the products. I got mine at drugstore.com and they included different things than were listed on the description. Oh well, I like it anyway. A very good way to try this stuff for about 10 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 6:31:00 PM More reviews by shengmei

This thing is so incredibly concentrated.............perhaps a warning should be posted on the package, since it is so easy to overuse the products. I never used the masks, so I used the masks as perfumed body powder (they are actually cheaper than the real ones, now I think about it...). The parsley pimple stick REALLY STINGS when I first put it on. I was tempted to write a negative review, but I woke up and the pimple had stopped inflamming. My guess is that parsley had antibacterial properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2003 5:15:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl65

I have combo-mature skin that is normally very clear, but the Burt's products made me break out like a teenager. I am so disappointed in the whole line. The cleansers are too greasy, the moisturizers too heavy, the mask made my face red and inflamed. As much as I would like to, I cannot recommend a single product included in this kit. Kudos to Burt's for attempting to create natural products that are cruelty-free. Perhaps they should now spend more time ensuring that the products actually work....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 2:15:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

While I find Burts Bees packaging really cute, this kit didn't do much for me. It didn't make my skin feel clean and while the scents are pleasant, it just wasn't anything wow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 1:55:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a kit of facial products, including a cleanser, 2 face masks, and some lotions. The cleanser smelled great, like oranges but it made my face breakout and I never breakout. It was too oily for my skin so maybe it would work better on dryer skin types, it just didn't agree with my skin.