December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Buffering Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by eileenions

If you are like some of us that will get that occasionally monstrous under the skin acne (cystic acne), this product is the miracle cure you've been searching for.

The only complaint that I have is that I didn't buy this sooner so that my cystic acne already left an ugly scar :(

Not sure if it will work out for everyone, but it worked for me! my cystic acne was gone in 3 days. If you suffer from cystic acne and nothing works for you, this product is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Still very early yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by this! Nothing usually works on my cystic acne (hormonal or not) but this actually reduced swelling enough that the pain was eased. Very thin consistency, smells a bit unpleasant but it's invisible on the skin. Didn't over-dry my skin. Will continue to use as needed and update further.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GeorginaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having success with the drying lotion, I thought my skin woyld react well to the buffering lotion on my monthly cystic spots. unfortunately it didn't seem to do much - they weren't worse nor better. It didn't cause any noticeable change. Perhaps it is only effective on cystic acne rather than cycstic once-a-month hormonal spots? Definitely rate the drying lotion though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is meant to help with stubborn cysts. Just didn't work very well for my occasional cyst that pops up around that time of the month.

Easy to use. Shake to reconstitiute the product. I apply the drop into my palm and use the index finger of my other hand to apply directly to the cyst. Due to the nature of the product, it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ccbemiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry, acne-prone skin and tend to get cystic bumps when I break out. I purchased MB buffering lotion about 2 weeks ago and already notice a difference. Previous to this, I was using Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10 which works fine for surface bumps, but I needed something stronger for those stubborn under the skin bumps.

Make sure you cleanse and tone first. Start by shaking the bottle, then pour some of the liquid onto a cotton ball and pat on the cyst. I find that using a cotton ball is much more efficient than a cotton swab or q-tip. Repeat these steps for 2 nights in a row and the cyst will be significantly reduced.

I couldn't be more pleased with the results and will continue to buy! The 1 oz. bottle sells for $19 on their website, even though you may be able to get it cheaper at your local Ulta or Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by bumblevi

This product works! If you suffer from deep, under the skin pimples, then apply this overnight and the swelling will be reduced by morning. From my experience, applying this 2 days in a row will completely flatten a pimple. I usually have a little hyperpigmentation after these type of pimples heal, but it is easily concealed with makeup. It was recommended by the company to pair with the Drying Mask and this also speeded up the healing process.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This smells like PAINT! I use it under the drying mask only because it is extremely drying to put on over night. It works well with the drying mask, I have to admit! But no miracles yet! NOTE: I am not sure of the result if I just use the drying mask alone without this buffering lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I hormonally broke out after drinking a whey protein shake (ladies with touchy hormones - STAY AWAY... three months of non-stop zits due to the androgen-boosting power of whey), I've been cycling through all of Mario Badescu's spot-treatments. I've had great results with the Drying Cream on smaller pimples; it also takes down the inflammation in large cysts. But of course I want to eradicate cysts, not just deal with them after they've formed big bumps.

I tried this on a reddened, aching patch of skin on my cheek (those who get hormonal cysts know that means bad news), and yes, it actually did prevent it from coming out. The small hard swelling under the skin was gone in two days, and saved me weeks, if not months, of cystic hell.

This is EXCELLENT at stopping the formation of a cyst in its tracks when its at a very specific stage of growth - not yet visible to the eye, but growing underground. However, it does next to nothing for cysts that have already formed big bumps, or smaller pimples that will go on to create a whitehead. It also does cause some flakes, which is to be expected as it contains alcohol, but if you're using a great exfoliator (BHA/AHA) they won't be too bad.

Each of the Badescu spot-treatments seem to work very well for very specific types of acne, and having each of them on hand seems like the way to go. I'll be trying the Drying Lotion next!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this on cystic acne a few times but it did not seem to really do much of anything at all over the course of a few days, to be honest. I think the drying lotion by mario badescu works much better on cystic acne and it's the best spot treatment I've found for acne in general so far. I put this up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For cystic acne, this is a little mild. I thought it could totally work on my troubles, but not really. I had to buy the Drying Lotion next. This one just soaks up the oil on the surface, I guess. No penetrating effects.