Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Isopropyl Alcohol,Sodium Sulfate, Zinc Oxide,Hydrolyzed Serum Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Pyridoxine, Niacinamide, Panthenol,Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Biotin 5/20/09

I am suffering from hormonal cystic pimples after childbirth. After reading the reviews on MUA i decided that this is a must try for me.

This comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a dropper. Not very good in my opinion as it makes application a tad more inconvenient as I had to tilt my face in order not to let the product slide and drip onto the ground.

I tried this product on a newly formed cystic pimple and to my surprise, it really subsided the following day. At the same time I found new ones forming elsewhere.

So I proceeded to apply them on the newly formed pimples and to my dismay, it didn't work at all.

Not willing to waste my money, repeatedly applied on those but sad to say, some subsided some continued to grow to their full size.

Due to the inconsistent performance of this product, I cannot say for sure if it really works, but I'll make do with it until i find something better.

on 5/5/2015 5:54:00 PM

If you have any issues with hormonal cystic acne than this is the product for you, I just started experiencing this issue and had no idea what to do. I bought the buffering lotion and as soon as I feel a bump on mty face (I usually feel them before my menstrual cycle) I apply the buffering lotion at night and it helps ALOT! If I accidentally forget to apply and find one I just apply twice a day and it'll be gone within that week. This product can be harsh so I recommend a good moisturizer and DO NOT put it all over your face, just in the spot where you feel the bump. I love this product and honestly can't live without it.

on 4/26/2015 3:59:00 PM

Did a great job at reducing the size of cystics but dried me out like crazy. My skin started to peel and bumps had a ring of dry skin around it. Several days later after not using it anymore and using just the drying lotion, dryness just increased and skin was peeling everywhere

on 4/16/2015 1:33:00 AM

I was so excited to order this product after rave reviews. I waited patiently for two weeks for it to arrive. Up popped my usual hormonal cystic acne on my chin - I applied this for three nights in a row and it did nothing. Not a thing. No reduction in pain, redness or swelling. I then had a huge painful bump erupt on my forehead so tried this again.. But alas, no results again. And it smells like pure rubbing alcohol. What a disappointment!

on 2/24/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used to use this when I was just getting into better skincare. It helped my acne a little, but using it daily was too drying for me. I have since learned that astringents with high alcohol are a bit dated and dries out your skin, not cure the problem. It reminds me of the astringents we all used in middle school for acne. As an adult, I've learned that there are gentler and more effective ingredients out there to target individual spots/pimples.

on 2/7/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Didnt do much :/

on 2/2/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

The only product that has ever actually reduced my occasional cystic acne. I use it as a spot treatment and usually it will make an emerged cyst reduce by at least 40% overnight. There are times where I've had a cyst for literally weeks (and have forgotten about MB's buffering lotion because I don't use it that often) and then treat it with this product, and have it reduce overnight. It also makes makes the cyst "poppable." I find that this works better on cystic acne on my cheeks or chin, but not my forehead. Also, it seems to work only on emerged cysts and not ones that have just started developing. This is a liquid, but I've only ever applied it with my finger. I just squeeze a drop onto my finger, let the drop hang off of my finger and then tip it onto the cyst.

on 1/22/2015 10:54:00 PM

This seemed to work when I first tried it, but its effectiveness has diminished over time. I am also hesitant to repurchase because I am trying to stay away from ingredients like alcohol that may be drying or irritating, since they tend to aggravate my skin over the longer term.

on 1/10/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

If you are experiencing true cystic acne, this is worth a try. For years I thought this didn't work, because I wasn't using it on true cysts. However, after trying it out on an emerging one (you have to use this stuff early, just as you see it come up) it really did clear it up.
I used this in conjunction with the MB anti-acne serum.

on 12/30/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This didn't do anything for my acne or my friend's cystic acne.

Popular Treatments (Face)