March 1, 2015 | 1062 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Buffering Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2015 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lecitroen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this when I was just getting into better skincare. It helped my acne a little, but using it daily was too drying for me. I have since learned that astringents with high alcohol are a bit dated and dries out your skin, not cure the problem. It reminds me of the astringents we all used in middle school for acne. As an adult, I've learned that there are gentler and more effective ingredients out there to target individual spots/pimples.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2015 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Didnt do much :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2015 1:55:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The only product that has ever actually reduced my occasional cystic acne. I use it as a spot treatment and usually it will make an emerged cyst reduce by at least 40% overnight. There are times where I've had a cyst for literally weeks (and have forgotten about MB's buffering lotion because I don't use it that often) and then treat it with this product, and have it reduce overnight. It also makes makes the cyst "poppable." I find that this works better on cystic acne on my cheeks or chin, but not my forehead. Also, it seems to work only on emerged cysts and not ones that have just started developing. This is a liquid, but I've only ever applied it with my finger. I just squeeze a drop onto my finger, let the drop hang off of my finger and then tip it onto the cyst.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 10:54:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This seemed to work when I first tried it, but its effectiveness has diminished over time. I am also hesitant to repurchase because I am trying to stay away from ingredients like alcohol that may be drying or irritating, since they tend to aggravate my skin over the longer term.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are experiencing true cystic acne, this is worth a try. For years I thought this didn't work, because I wasn't using it on true cysts. However, after trying it out on an emerging one (you have to use this stuff early, just as you see it come up) it really did clear it up.
I used this in conjunction with the MB anti-acne serum.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This didn't do anything for my acne or my friend's cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by bearrii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely an amazing product. The only topical treatment for cystic acne that has worked. Spot treat and use in conjunction with the drying cream. I will never be without this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

When I think of Mario Badescu in general, the word that comes to mind is mediocre. They have never made any major breakthroughs in skincare, and some of their products, like this one, do more harm than good. Even the facials at their spa in NY were subpar. The facialists would be double and triple booked, and they would disappear in the middle of a facial for up to 1/2 hour. So that being said, I don't remember when I purchased this, or why, but it is awful. It burns like crazy, and the result is that it made my pimples worse, and dried out the skin around it to the point that it was raw. I can't see how anyone would think that they got good results with this rubbish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by eileenions

If you are like some of us that will get that occasionally monstrous under the skin acne (cystic acne), this product is the miracle cure you've been searching for.

The only complaint that I have is that I didn't buy this sooner so that my cystic acne already left an ugly scar :(

Not sure if it will work out for everyone, but it worked for me! my cystic acne was gone in 3 days. If you suffer from cystic acne and nothing works for you, this product is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Still very early yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by this! Nothing usually works on my cystic acne (hormonal or not) but this actually reduced swelling enough that the pain was eased. Very thin consistency, smells a bit unpleasant but it's invisible on the skin. Didn't over-dry my skin. Will continue to use as needed and update further.