January 30, 2015 | 1464 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Buffering Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 10:54:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This seemed to work when I first tried it, but its effectiveness has diminished over time. I am also hesitant to repurchase because I am trying to stay away from ingredients like alcohol that may be drying or irritating, since they tend to aggravate my skin over the longer term.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are experiencing true cystic acne, this is worth a try. For years I thought this didn't work, because I wasn't using it on true cysts. However, after trying it out on an emerging one (you have to use this stuff early, just as you see it come up) it really did clear it up.
I used this in conjunction with the MB anti-acne serum.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This didn't do anything for my acne or my friend's cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by bearrii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely an amazing product. The only topical treatment for cystic acne that has worked. Spot treat and use in conjunction with the drying cream. I will never be without this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

When I think of Mario Badescu in general, the word that comes to mind is mediocre. They have never made any major breakthroughs in skincare, and some of their products, like this one, do more harm than good. Even the facials at their spa in NY were subpar. The facialists would be double and triple booked, and they would disappear in the middle of a facial for up to 1/2 hour. So that being said, I don't remember when I purchased this, or why, but it is awful. It burns like crazy, and the result is that it made my pimples worse, and dried out the skin around it to the point that it was raw. I can't see how anyone would think that they got good results with this rubbish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by eileenions

If you are like some of us that will get that occasionally monstrous under the skin acne (cystic acne), this product is the miracle cure you've been searching for.

The only complaint that I have is that I didn't buy this sooner so that my cystic acne already left an ugly scar :(

Not sure if it will work out for everyone, but it worked for me! my cystic acne was gone in 3 days. If you suffer from cystic acne and nothing works for you, this product is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Still very early yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by this! Nothing usually works on my cystic acne (hormonal or not) but this actually reduced swelling enough that the pain was eased. Very thin consistency, smells a bit unpleasant but it's invisible on the skin. Didn't over-dry my skin. Will continue to use as needed and update further.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GeorginaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having success with the drying lotion, I thought my skin woyld react well to the buffering lotion on my monthly cystic spots. unfortunately it didn't seem to do much - they weren't worse nor better. It didn't cause any noticeable change. Perhaps it is only effective on cystic acne rather than cycstic once-a-month hormonal spots? Definitely rate the drying lotion though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is meant to help with stubborn cysts. Just didn't work very well for my occasional cyst that pops up around that time of the month. However works great on whiteheads.

Easy to use. Shake to reconstitute the product. I apply the drop into my palm and use the index finger of my other hand to apply directly to the cyst/whiteheads. Due to the nature of the product, it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ccbemiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry, acne-prone skin and tend to get cystic bumps when I break out. I purchased MB buffering lotion about 2 weeks ago and already notice a difference. Previous to this, I was using Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10 which works fine for surface bumps, but I needed something stronger for those stubborn under the skin bumps.

Make sure you cleanse and tone first. Start by shaking the bottle, then pour some of the liquid onto a cotton ball and pat on the cyst. I find that using a cotton ball is much more efficient than a cotton swab or q-tip. Repeat these steps for 2 nights in a row and the cyst will be significantly reduced.

I couldn't be more pleased with the results and will continue to buy! The 1 oz. bottle sells for $19 on their website, even though you may be able to get it cheaper at your local Ulta or Sephora.