October 22, 2014 | 2056 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Buffering Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ccbemiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry, acne-prone skin and tend to get cystic bumps when I break out. I purchased MB buffering lotion about 2 weeks ago and already notice a difference. Previous to this, I was using Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10 which works fine for surface bumps, but I needed something stronger for those stubborn under the skin bumps.

Make sure you cleanse and tone first. Start by shaking the bottle, then pour some of the liquid onto a cotton ball and pat on the cyst. I find that using a cotton ball is much more efficient than a cotton swab or q-tip. Repeat these steps for 2 nights in a row and the cyst will be significantly reduced.

I couldn't be more pleased with the results and will continue to buy! The 1 oz. bottle sells for $19 on their website, even though you may be able to get it cheaper at your local Ulta or Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by bumblevi

This product works! If you suffer from deep, under the skin pimples, then apply this overnight and the swelling will be reduced by morning. From my experience, applying this 2 days in a row will completely flatten a pimple. I usually have a little hyperpigmentation after these type of pimples heal, but it is easily concealed with makeup. It was recommended by the company to pair with the Drying Mask and this also speeded up the healing process.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't love this treatment enough! This one makes my inflamed acne visibly smaller the next day. I use it with the drying mask and the dual makes magic :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I hormonally broke out after drinking a whey protein shake (ladies with touchy hormones - STAY AWAY... three months of non-stop zits due to the androgen-boosting power of whey), I've been cycling through all of Mario Badescu's spot-treatments. I've had great results with the Drying Cream on smaller pimples; it also takes down the inflammation in large cysts. But of course I want to eradicate cysts, not just deal with them after they've formed big bumps.

I tried this on a reddened, aching patch of skin on my cheek (those who get hormonal cysts know that means bad news), and yes, it actually did prevent it from coming out. The small hard swelling under the skin was gone in two days, and saved me weeks, if not months, of cystic hell.

This is EXCELLENT at stopping the formation of a cyst in its tracks when its at a very specific stage of growth - not yet visible to the eye, but growing underground. However, it does next to nothing for cysts that have already formed big bumps, or smaller pimples that will go on to create a whitehead. It also does cause some flakes, which is to be expected as it contains alcohol, but if you're using a great exfoliator (BHA/AHA) they won't be too bad.

Each of the Badescu spot-treatments seem to work very well for very specific types of acne, and having each of them on hand seems like the way to go. I'll be trying the Drying Lotion next!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this on cystic acne a few times but it did not seem to really do much of anything at all over the course of a few days, to be honest. I think the drying lotion by mario badescu works much better on cystic acne and it's the best spot treatment I've found for acne in general so far. I put this up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For cystic acne, this is a little mild. I thought it could totally work on my troubles, but not really. I had to buy the Drying Lotion next. This one just soaks up the oil on the surface, I guess. No penetrating effects.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Although the ingredients sound like they would be helpful, I did not find mich improvement with my acne, ifany. Obviously, some others had better experiences. Very pricey, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This did not work for me. It didn't help my cystic acne in any way and wouldn't even work on the smaller pimples. I tried using it several different ways thinking maybe I was using it wrong. I shake the bottle first and then applied it with a cotton pad, then I tried using it with a cotton swab. Finally I just ended up putting a drop directly on my finger and massaging it in that way, because I thought maybe the cotton was absorbing the product so it wasn't actually getting to my skin. But even with this approach, it did nothing for me.

I'm not sure why it's not working but i'm really sad because I paid a hefty amount for this. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please tell me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only topical I've used that's done anything significant for cystic acne. What I love about this is not only does it help heal the spot, but it takes the pain out of cysts. I find that the pain of cystic acne is what normally leads to picking (bad, I know!) because the pressure hurts so much. With this, the pain goes away within a few minutes and stays gone all while making the spot less noticeable. It is a bit pricey, but as mentioned in other reviews you only need a few drops per day to take care of the redness, swelling, and pain. A perfect combination of effective yet gentle skin care for cystic acne and definitely worth the investment if you're suffering from painful acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a staple to my skincare routine, and simply a must-have. The bottle lasts forever if you're using it the right way, and it works wonders on under-the-skin blemishes. I use it every time I can see/feel a cystic pimple coming on, and even on erupted blackheads. I'd say 8 times out of 10, it shrinks the blemish by the next day, stopping it from getting to its full potential. It absorbs into the skin, so you can dab it on and still go about your day or apply makeup. I love it.