October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this toner, it's not amazing but it's also not harsh, which is a serious plus for me. Gets all the excess make up and dirt out of my pores, I can clearly see it on my cotton pad. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and have felt a difference in the softness of my skin. I put it on my face when it's damp and follow up with moisturizer while the toner is also still damp on my skin, absorbs my moisturizer better (I have oily skin.) my only complaint really is the packaging.... It comes out in drips and sometimes there's not enough on my cotton pad, sometimes entirely too much. Other than that, I like it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty average toner. It's good it's alcohol free and not as irritating as other toners on the market, which is hard to find. The only thing it really does is remove excess makeup/dirt and refreshens the skin. If you want a simple toner that does just that and you have normal-oily skin this is recommended for you. The formula is not hydrating at all and the fragrance is irritating to the sensitive/extremely dry spots on my skin so I wouldn't recommend it to someone with eczema or extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this inexpensive toner since my teens. It has always kept breakouts at bay, calms redness, and is soothing after cleansing my skin. The bottle is pretty big, usually lasts me about 2 months and I use it 2x a day every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I've only been using this for a short time but I've been very happy! I needed something without alcohol that would still remove any remaining dirt/makeup, and this fits the bill. No breakouts, no stinging or tight feeling after using, you can buy it anywhere, and the amount you get for the price makes it very economical. I can detect a very light, perfume-y scent but I think it's very pleasant. The packaging is attractive, I just wish they had a different dispensing lid because the opening on this one is an awkward size - I either get too much or too little product. Not that big of a deal, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only toner I can use. This is great if you have dry skin because it's alcohol free, so it won't dry your skin out. I have oily skin, so that's not why I use it. I use it because toners with alcohol in them aren't sensitive skin friendly. This being alcohol free makes it perfect for sensitive skin too.

I still recommend it to people with oily, non-sensitive skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product! More gentle than the pore refining toner I used prior to this but gets the job done . I see an improvement in my skin. I use this twice a day after my neutrogena naturals face and body bar and it gives me great results. If you have acne prone skin and need slmething stronger , try the astringent in the clear bottle with the blue liquid, I forgot it's name . Maybe it was oil free astringent or something . But this toner is excellent for normal skin because it doesn't strip moisture and still cleans the pores. It's a new permanent addition to my skin are regimen

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PROS:
-*SENSITIVE SKIN GIRLS: this is the only drugstore toner that I can use that will not irritate my eyes or my skin BUT still takes off dirt and oil effectively
-can easily be used around eyes (morning mascara smudges anyone)
-doesn't make skin feel tight or dry
-inexpensive and accessible

CONS:
-packaging isn't most travel friendly or convenient, but it is better than others (sprout hole is small, no crazy leaking on a cotton pad)
-if you have crazy oil skin and need something super strong, this is not for you

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by aaajamieson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this toner. One of the main reasons being that i wanted an alcohol-free toner as i find others dry my skin out, and it actually WORKS. My skin doesn't break out too often, but when it does its usually my chin. I have used this bottle completely up and i always find that when i notice a break out, i use this after cleansing my skin, and the next day my chin has cleared up so much more and prevents it from getting worse.
This toner also does not dry my skin out (which the bottle claims), which has a lot to do with it being alcohol-free.
I usually apply with a cotton pad, & it has a really light, fresh scent. I have used up the bottle and will definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a while ago on a whim, I was into my cold cream & dove soap phase (yeah I know-pore clogging hell) thinking that I could use the toner to remove residue. The toner has a pH of 4.5, which is perfect, but too gentle to remove the mix of mineral oil & syndnet residue from the dove soap (nasty).
So it sat in the cupboard for a few months. Right now I'm using spectro jel (combo skin version) and a BHA liquid lotion, which is not really a toner in the true sense. It can only be used once a day, at night.
Spectro jel for combo skin leaves a residue, which can be irritating.
Spectro Jel has an ingredient which is a nessesary evil to preserve the formula. You'll notice it is paraben free...but replacing that is Diazolidinyl urea which is a formadehyde releaser. This causes the irritation (and some people are very allergic to Diazolidinyl urea, so keep this in mind if you're considering this cleanser) and that's where Neutrogena's alcohol free toner comes in. I do like to add a 1/4 tsp of L-ascorbic acid, but if you do such a thing keep in mind it lowers the pH of the formula, and may cause irritation for some.
I typically avoid fragrance in cosmetics, but the parfum in this toner does not irritate my skin. The best ingredient in the formula is sodium PCA which balances and respects the acid mantle.
It's also good for the morning when one is not keen on washing their face, but wish to clean the skin.
Good product. I can't say HG yet, but it has potential :j
***UPDATE*** June 2014
This toner is great. It never bothers my skin, doesn't dry it out.
HG

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by electroTABBY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Overall a really nice toner:) One of my favorite, because I love the smell and how gentle it is on the skin. It feels really refreshing to use after I've wiped off my makeup. It's not drying at all. I have combination skin so I try to keep my skin balanced, I need to remove oil without over drying my skin so this toner is perfect for that.

It doesn't help with treating acne or anything (it's not intended to), but I feel that it aids in preventing clogged pores by removing any excess makeup you might have had on your face after cleansing. Another plus!

I don't see anything wrong with the packaging either, I either use a cotton ball or my face wipes with the toner on it and it works wonderfully. Definitely recommend this toner!