August 27, 2014 | 878 users online

Fragrances - Korres - Nutmeg Body Water

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by patchoul1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me (and I can only give my opinion), this was horrible. I didn't get any Nutmeg at all so was very disappointed as I can only buy a lot of these things online and so therefore can only go on the description.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this a lot more than I expected to! After I requested this in a swap, I went to my spice cabinet and sniffed the Nutmeg. Hmm.. maybe that was a mistake. But I got it today and it doesn't smell like straight nutmeg at all. It's very light, not overly spicey. Very soft and clean. Understated. Very nice for fall (or any season) and to wear in situations where you don't want to overpower people. It's very subtle and I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 4:15:00 AM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not generally a nutmeg fan, so I let the decant I had of this waste away in my drawer for the good part of a year. On a whim however, I tested it the other day and was completely shocked at how much I adored the fragrance -- far from being nutty and "spice cabinet"-ish, Korres' take on nutmeg turned out to be a juicy, fruity melange of peach, papaya and mango, with just hints of a nutmeg-ish deepness in the drydown. Gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by DunandaFalls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Korres
Nutmeg
begins as a fiery hot, sweet and fruity fragrance that smells a lot
like gingered oranges to me. It really smells great, with a fresh
nutmeg note lingering in the background that really does smell a
little nutty. The pleasant dry down smells like almond shells and
foody spices. It's great in the colder months and has a pretty good
lasting power as well. 3.5 out of 4.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2003 1:52:00 AM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can smell like a piece of nutmeg! My complaint about this is, as a body water, the scent does not LINGER so much, but does waft around you in a fragrant mist as you dab on your doo-dahs in the a.m. The bottle is tres i-mac and "chic" but it's kinda funny as it's the skinniest product container I have ever seen. I am not sure if the scent would be for everyone, cause it really is NUTmeggy, but I like it and find the gentle breeze of it very refreshing. Not sure about the "toner" aspect of it? Are you supposed to spray it all over? Seems....EXCESSIVE! (but I might go do it right now).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Here's what Aedes has to say about Korres Body Waters: "Half perfume - half toner, the ultimate all-day bodycare lotion. Alcohol at a percentage of 50% ensures the durability of the fragrance, while the product remains light compared to conventional fragrances and suitable for year-round use. Nutmeg: Individual and sophisticated, a scent of heady simplicity."

Have you ever seen nutmeg on the tree? The yellow fruit splits open to reveal bloodred mace covering the nutmeg kernel in the center. Some say it's worth a trip to the islands just to see this most intense of natural reds. Korres nutmeg body water smells how I imagine fresh nutmeg fruits would smell, tree-ripened and newly split: It's a light, lovely, juicy-yet-spicy fragrance that compliments the natural fragrance of my skin beautifully.