July 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Powder - Clarins - Hydra-Balance Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by hunneydoo

This product lasts me forever and I love how smooth and even it makes my skin look!

I'm definitely repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Got this on e-bay for $10, I am of SE Asia origin & I find 04 Pure Beige is too light, basically there is very little red in the product, so that makes the product much lighter. I will try the 06 Golden Beige instead. The powder does not dry out my dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it for oily, shiny face though. It takes about 10 minutes to sink in & my skin looks moist & not powdery cakey. Too bad Clarins discontinue it. Ironically, its "Made in Japan" though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kr6v7ax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It has been discontinued

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

Clarin's Golden Beige is a better shade for me than Dior's Golden Beige but that's about all I liked about it after wearing it for a couple of weeks. I don't know if this powder foundation is a little too moisturizing for my skin, but it broke me out. I love the compact and the sponge is the best but it just didn't work well on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, a product that is comprable to MAC Studio fix without the breakouts, gives great coverage, and a more natural smooth finish! I have been on MAC for years, and when the breakouts just got to be too out of control, I went on a quest to find another powder foundation. I need my powder to cover big blemishes and scars without looking too chalky! This was it. Let me just say I think I have tried everything, Stila, Smashbox, Chanel, Dior, Lorac, Body & Soul, .... its been exhausting! But I think I have found anew powder, and this is it. Great coverage, nice finish, nice packaging - GREAT SPONGE- which believe they are not all created equal, and the price is reasonable. I am a C30 / NC30 , 40 watt shade of girl, so the #4 shade is really quite close. Blends beautifully. I am really quite pleased, and thank goodness because I just about at the end of my rope. Oh, and no breakouts as of yet. Clear skin is a must! Big thumbs up, high quality product! UPDATE: still no breakouts, and throughout the day gives a great dewy not greasy look and holds true to coverage. My new - dare I say it - Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am in too big of a hurry to apply and blend a liquid foundation and then powder. So I figured a powder foudation was worth trying out. I am happy to say this exceeded my expectations. It is finely-textured and gives adjustable coverage (a big plus). I was also very happy to get a perfect skin match which is so difficult for me--I am of Asian extraction, with lots of yellow undertones in my skin. In this product, I chose the 03 Silk Beige shade, and it is a dead-on perfect match. For reference, I take a Vellum shade in Px foundations.

I have rather oily skin, and I did have some oilies after a few hours, but nothing that a blotting sheet or a touch-up would not take care of.

All in all, I am very pleased with this foundation and I would purchase it again. I will be very upset if Clarins decides to discontinue this.

I only wish there were more product in the pan. This retails for $36 and comes with 12 g (0.42 oz) of product. However, I think it will last me quite a long time. The packaging is really pretty: a sleek brushed red metal compact with gold trim.

I can't recall how many shade choices there are, but I am totally thrilled to have found a perfect match. If you are on the hunt for a powder foundation I think that this one is worth considering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 3:51:00 AM More reviews by msjene

I love the sponge....I kept that. I like my Diorskin foundation powder much better. It works great with the Clarins sponge. The powder itself didn't keep the shine at bay at all. And the color was a little too ashy on me. But I did love the sponge (velvet on one side, spongey on the other). Did I mention that?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2004 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

I am 36, I have combination skin (oily in some areas), and I needed a poweder that gave me full coverage but matched my skin (somewhere between Medium and Olive). I love this powder because it doesn't have a strong fragrance, it doesn't feel thick, yet it makes my skin look flawless. A bit expensive ($35), but it doesn't give me a chalky look like other powders do.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2004 10:16:00 PM More reviews by blood_berry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It covers and blends with my face well. Too bad it does not last for long - my face start to look oily after 1-2hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great powder foundation! It has more coverage than Stila's IPF and matches my skin beautifully! My skin looks flawless. I love the elegant velvet-y red compact. I wear the 03 Silk Beige (winter) and 04 True Beige (summer).