December 22, 2014 | 1532 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Blush in Flush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I re-found this recently in my storage makeup bag, filled with products that I either like but dont love, or love but dont use often. This blush falls into the "like but dont love" category. Its a pretty color, but can look a little too dark on me at times (slightly too brown/plum for my fair complexion). Still, I keep it around because every now and then I feel like taking the time to make it work. The formula can be kind of hard to blend on my dry skin, and if I dont watch it I will seriously overdo it on the color (a little goes a long way). You get a really generous amount of product in a cute silver Hard Candy compact, and a matching HC blush brush (mine came unglued from the base of the casing not long after I started using it, tres annoying). Still, its really, and perhaps the color/formula would work better for some others than for me- I really just bought it because of the ad campaign that winter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade description

Very pinked plum. (I don't seem to see any brown in this!)

Texture

Blends very easily.
Comments

I was a little disappointed by Flush, because reviews said that it's a rosy-brown. :] It turned out to be a pretty cute pink shade on my cheeks- I don't reach out for this often because the colour is too "dolly-girl" looking for me. Flush made my colouring more "Winter" than it usually is. It contrasts against black hair very well. I can see how this will suit girls of various skin tones, though I'm not sure if tanned ladies will like this shade. If you're looking for a medium pink blush, you may want to have a look at this.

P/S You may find a good rosy brown shade in Urban Decay's Lounge Blush! Now that's quite rosy brown. :)

My coloring

Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. I can wear neutral-warm and neutral-cool colours. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 12:09:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually rediscovered this blush today -- I was going through my makeup case trying to see which of my blushes were the closest to my natural shade -- and this was the winner!

I'm an NC30 with yellow undertones, but pink cheeks (go figure!). Anyway, I love this blush... and that comes as a nice surprise. I look like I just came back from a run when I wear it. This blush might be the end of my endless blush buying too!

****edit****

I think that maybe it just worked on my skin that day that I re-rated it... but I don't love it as much anymore... it's still nice, but not the best blush out there... I would like to give it a 3.5/5, but I can't... it's a little less blendable than I would like. But, still, a nice blush. I'll probably buy other blushes instead of it though -- I love trying other stuff out :) I think that MAC Mocha looks kind of similar and I like that formulation better. I rarely reach for this, I think it just isn't bright enough for my tastes.

****edit again**** you know what? I don't know what to say about this blush... sometimes it's *perfect* and sometimes it doesn't blend as well.... but, when it's on -- it's ON!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by NARSGlow

Iam really upset with Hard Candy for once...this stuff sucks! It was too much of a plum color for my light complexion! It was nicely packaged and I love the little brush it came with but the color Sephora.com provided was not what I received. There is more brown in this than pink...hell, there's more plum to it than the latter two!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with Scarlett773 about Hard Candy blush in Flush being a more intense version of the color Dimple. I love all three of my Hard Candy blushes - if I had to limit myself to one brand of blush for the rest of my life I would choose my three Hard Candy blushes. The compacts are huge so you get alot of product for the money. I can use any of the three colors by itself or mixed together. Flush is a beautiful rosy-brown color (light on the brown)which gives the most natural looking flush to my cheeks. This blush is named perfectly too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flush is a more intense version of Dimple. Gives a bit more pop of color to the cheeks. very pretty medium rosy brown. I loved it on my PPP skin. This one is on my in the "near future purchases list". I have a terrible weakness for blush.