April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Oleo-Relax

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not impressed by this product. I had high expectations that it would calm down and deeply moisturize my dry frizzy hair, but it's really just ok.
I do actually like the smell though.

but it really doesn't do very much for my hair, and I feel like it coats it more than actually mositurize.

I very much prefer the Macadamia Natural Oil deep repair mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This stuff is pretty awesome! It smells a lot better than Masquintense ( which I still use though), it smells like roses! What I like is that it doesn't have protein in it, when all the other Kerastase masques do ( as far as I know). This really does smooth my hair, make it sleek and frizz free. It feels like silk after I use it! Now I have fine hair, so the reason I took one lippie off is that after about a day it does weigh my hair down a little bit so I use this when I know I want me hair to be super sleek for whatever occasion.
Recommend! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this because I couldn't stand the smell of masquintense, and this supposedly smelled better. Well, I beg to differ. The smell was horrible, and made my hair reek all day. Because it was so expensive, I tried to give it away to a friend but was honest with her about why I wasn't keeping it. She sniffed it and shrieked, "ewww, it smells like urine!" I don't know what the deal is with kerastase products, but most of them smell awful. Any minor results I got weren't worth that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by BellaNya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On my seventh tub - at least. Cannot rate the results this treatment gives highly enough. Yes, it's pricey. But I will always repurchase - forever. A tiny bit goes a loooong way. There are other things I can live without to be able to have the softest silkiest hair this gives every time. Totally transformed after one use I promise!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Xenu

Waste of money. It only works on the surface of the hair for about a month and does absolutely nothing to repair it, or calm frizz after your hair gets used to it. The smell is too strong and lingers for days. A rather unpleasant smell. My husband didn't stop complaining until I finally ditched it when I realized it doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahGrace

Picked mine up at Nordstrom Rack. I have dry, color treated (30% gray), thick, wavy, very frizzy hair. There are no instructions on the jar or box so my friend told me how to apply and it made all of the difference. Shampoo and lightly towel dry to remove excess water. Emulsify in palms - be generous and apply to your hair in sections. Leave in for 30 minutes to an hour in a shower cap. Rinse with warm water. I cannot praise this product enough. It truly is nectar for dry hair. The KEY to locking in the moisture and shine with this masque is to dry and flat iron your hair! Almost like a BB, you need to lock the product in! If your hair air drys, you might think the masque didn't work. For me, I have to use heat to seal in the 3 oils in the product. My hair has been miraculously transformed, and I use this weekly. The health, condition, and shine is my hair is unbelievable. HG product that I cannot live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good mask - not quite heavy enough for my dry, thick, coarse hair to really call it a mask, but doable as a regular conditioner. The packaging is mediocre, as with all these tub masks, but it lasts a long time even with weekly use. It doesn't suck all the moisture out of my scalp, either, like many conditioners with alcohol.

It's not my perfect hair masque as far as performance, but the reason I've purchased this again and again is the scent. It's the most perfect, classic, fresh rose scent and it just screams summertime. For some reason, the Oleo Relax Masque has the perfect scent mojo for my hair -- the odor isn't too heavy, like I find a lot of other Kerastase products to be, but it lasts for a couple days after I use it. Just a perfect whiff of clean, flowery happiness that doesn't knock you over with overwhelming scent or disappear after you rinse it out.

I've tried a couple of other Kerastase masques and the Elixir Ultime, but find the scents too heavy for hot weather. Nice in winter, if I'm not wearing other perfume, but nothing beats the Oleo Relax!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

WOW, this stuff delivers! My overprocessed, frizzy, aging hair loves it. I scored this as a clearance item and was very weary due to the cost but I can happily say it is totally worth it!

As soon as I use a small amount of this stuff, it conditions, untangles and changes the texture of the frizzy top layer of my hair. I used this on my daughters curly, chlorine effected hair and was able to comb through it easily - nothing has ever had that effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hair masque does an awesome job of getting rid of frizz and making my hair very soft and shiny. This and the Kerastase Masquintense for thick hair masque are my favorite hair masques. The Oleo-Relax masque has a nice rose scent. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, leave this product on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse it out. I highly recommend this masque.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Candence

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hm I'm sorry to say, but I was quite disappointed by this masque. I love the shampoo and the serum of this line, so I decided to buy the big bottle of this treatment as well. It makes my hair a little softer and smells divine, but my hair felt also a little dry and was hard to comb through (it was not when I only used the shampoo and the serum!) so in the end it made my hair worse than without the masque. It felt somehow coated- maybe due to the potato starch in it. No idea. Its a pity because I love the scent but I will definitely not repurchase!