July 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by KREV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally curly hair which I dye and was in need of moisture. This product does wonders for me. It is very expensive but I only use it about once a week and alternate with other conditioning products. When I blow out my hair after use it is detangled, smooth, shiney, and the brush just glides on through. I enjoy the smell which I do not feel lingers. I will buy it again when it runs out. I have never had anything work so well for my hair! I also use a variety of other products including the Joico K Pak, Coconut Oil, Redken Extreme Conditioner, Shea butter, and Bumble and Bumble Rich conditioner. When I need to look hot and blow my hair out or even leave it curly I use the Kerastase Oleo Relax and babaam the turned heads and compliments just roll on in!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Couldn't really tell the difference from a good deep conditioner ... Maybe was expecting more hence the disappointment ..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my hair is medium texture but thick and this awesome smoothing mask. did a lot for my hair when it was really damaged and frizzy but once back to virgin hair and healthy could be a bit heavy if I used it too often, obviously. a little does go a long way so there's that but this is a very expensive product. I wouldn't repurchase unless I damage my hair again. it might not be a restoring hair mask but can mask damage immensely.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not impressed by this product. I had high expectations that it would calm down and deeply moisturize my dry frizzy hair, but it's really just ok.
I do actually like the smell though.

but it really doesn't do very much for my hair, and I feel like it coats it more than actually mositurize.

I very much prefer the Macadamia Natural Oil deep repair mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This stuff is pretty awesome! It smells a lot better than Masquintense ( which I still use though), it smells like roses! What I like is that it doesn't have protein in it, when all the other Kerastase masques do ( as far as I know). This really does smooth my hair, make it sleek and frizz free. It feels like silk after I use it! Now I have fine hair, so the reason I took one lippie off is that after about a day it does weigh my hair down a little bit so I use this when I know I want me hair to be super sleek for whatever occasion.
Recommend! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this because I couldn't stand the smell of masquintense, and this supposedly smelled better. Well, I beg to differ. The smell was horrible, and made my hair reek all day. Because it was so expensive, I tried to give it away to a friend but was honest with her about why I wasn't keeping it. She sniffed it and shrieked, "ewww, it smells like urine!" I don't know what the deal is with kerastase products, but most of them smell awful. Any minor results I got weren't worth that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by BellaNya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On my seventh tub - at least. Cannot rate the results this treatment gives highly enough. Yes, it's pricey. But I will always repurchase - forever. A tiny bit goes a loooong way. There are other things I can live without to be able to have the softest silkiest hair this gives every time. Totally transformed after one use I promise!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Xenu

Waste of money. It only works on the surface of the hair for about a month and does absolutely nothing to repair it, or calm frizz after your hair gets used to it. The smell is too strong and lingers for days. A rather unpleasant smell. My husband didn't stop complaining until I finally ditched it when I realized it doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahGrace

Picked mine up at Nordstrom Rack. I have dry, color treated (30% gray), thick, wavy, very frizzy hair. There are no instructions on the jar or box so my friend told me how to apply and it made all of the difference. Shampoo and lightly towel dry to remove excess water. Emulsify in palms - be generous and apply to your hair in sections. Leave in for 30 minutes to an hour in a shower cap. Rinse with warm water. I cannot praise this product enough. It truly is nectar for dry hair. The KEY to locking in the moisture and shine with this masque is to dry and flat iron your hair! Almost like a BB, you need to lock the product in! If your hair air drys, you might think the masque didn't work. For me, I have to use heat to seal in the 3 oils in the product. My hair has been miraculously transformed, and I use this weekly. The health, condition, and shine is my hair is unbelievable. HG product that I cannot live without.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good mask - not quite heavy enough for my dry, thick, coarse hair to really call it a mask, but doable as a regular conditioner. The packaging is mediocre, as with all these tub masks, but it lasts a long time even with weekly use. It doesn't suck all the moisture out of my scalp, either, like many conditioners with alcohol.

It's not my perfect hair masque as far as performance, but the reason I've purchased this again and again is the scent. It's the most perfect, classic, fresh rose scent and it just screams summertime. For some reason, the Oleo Relax Masque has the perfect scent mojo for my hair -- the odor isn't too heavy, like I find a lot of other Kerastase products to be, but it lasts for a couple days after I use it. Just a perfect whiff of clean, flowery happiness that doesn't knock you over with overwhelming scent or disappear after you rinse it out.

I've tried a couple of other Kerastase masques and the Elixir Ultime, but find the scents too heavy for hot weather. Nice in winter, if I'm not wearing other perfume, but nothing beats the Oleo Relax!