October 20, 2014 | 1990 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Poudre Libre (Loose Powder)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At a time when I loved everything Dior, this loose powder was a must-have on my vanity. It wasn't translucent, but it was fair enough that it didn't mess up my foundation or TM. As a setting powder it was good and the product lasted me ages! But eventually I grew tired of it as it wasn't a "WOW" product and I just didn't feel the love for it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by wendyfernandes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been searching for loose settling powder since I turned 16, which was a long time ago. I must have spent at least $1000's in my quest for THE powder. My second best is La Prairie's loose powder which is very very good too but this is the best.

I came upon CD powder by chance at Smith & Caughey's when I was dragged there by mom who wanted to purchase some things for herself. Anyway, the girl looked at my face and said try this and rest is history. I love this AMAZING powder. It is perfect for my oily, combination skin and it stays on for a very good 6-7hours without another touch up. Generally I touch up every 3-4 hours depending upon weather conditions but with this powder no matter the weather outside it stays put. Also you only need a little so it is an investment at least for me.

This is my HG powder. Cannot live without it. I left it by mistake at my sister's house in Australia and almost went mad on the way back, luckily NZ has some great duty free stores as well so all good :)

I personally feel it is not so good for dry skin as my sister didn't like it that much but definitely the best for oily, acne prone, combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Got rid of my bobbi brown as wasn't matifying at all. Mhh not too sure the Dior one is any better so far. It does give a better looking finish but not sure it's any better at setting as I had read it would be. Colour 020 same as my Dior skin foundation though is a very good match. Mac NC 20 25.... Still searching for my HG but ok for now...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

It's supposed to be hydrating but i find this powder extremely drying on my skin. Also it's way more matte than luminous...so really didn't work out for me.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i just love this powder. granted, it is frightfully expensive, but for me, well worth the price. it glides on so smoothly on my face and really, i couldnt believe it, but with this powder, my face feel so soft and smooth.... i can actually feel the difference as i apply it. the powder is so fine and soft. I bought it specifically to set my makeup, based on the raving review of the one before me. it sets my foundation very well and as an added bonus, it controlls my oiliness. i have oily skin and it has been my habit to blot my face 2 hours after applying my make up. now, i blot after 6 hours and i have only a little bit of shine. quite a feat for my oily since puberty face. im just really happy with this product. i will definitely repurchase but i think this one will last me at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I believe I have over a hundred reviews here and this is the only one I've given a 5 in Overall Rating. Dior makes the absolute BEST loose or pressed powders, PERIOD. Nothing sets foundation like talc. The pigments within any Dior powder product are unlike anything else out there. It's been that way forever and does not rest on it's laurels as it maintains this quality to the present.They mill their powders in such a way that they are by far the "finest" (meaning texture.) Now I've read and heard how many cosmetic companies "jet mill" their powder which is supposed to give it the best and finest texture. I have no idea as to how Dior manufactures their powder or where they get the pigments from, all I know is there is nothing like a Christian Dior Powder, PERIOD. This applies to their eyeshadows and blush as well. They just melt into the skin becoming part of it as opposed to laying atop the skin. This is no small feat. I remember using Christian Dior products (especially loose powder to set foundation) in 1978 and even that long ago there was not a cosmetic company's Loose or Pressed Powder that could compare to Dior's. Highly Recommended and then some!!!!! When it comes to powder there is definitely something to be said about "Made in France."

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this loose powder because of my friend when i was in middle school,she's a model and loves dior(she's the one who's inspiring me to use Dior besides of John Galliano's couture). It has soft texture just as common loose powder. For me, it will be a bad splurge to steal this powder.It'll be wiser if you buy another loose powder from another brand.For me, spend more than 50 dollars just for a loose powder is trully dissipation.So far, i'd never got problem with using any loose powder. Now i'm using etude house dream on loose powder which is only approx.10 dollars/pc(in Korea) and it's good.BUT the best loose powder for me is :
Erhalogy acne loose powder,
Erhalogy is a brand of erha clinic (dermatologist clinic centre) which is managed by erha 21 group.
This clinic also sells personal product by its apothecary which is namely as erhalogy. The acne loose powder gives a really great sheer color and good formula for all skin type,esp.for oily/very oily/combination/acne prone/sensitive skin.
It cost 8 dollars(2 years ago) for a small powder pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG powder! I love this powder. Great for my combination/dry skin. It doesn't look cakey, or settle into fine lines. It's creamier than most powders, and leaves my skin silky soft. I use translucent medium. It's got a very slighty yellow/peach tone, which is much more natural looking. Controls the little bit of shine I get, all day long. I feel so elegant when I dust this over my face. I really like the packaging. It doesn't irritate my skin, make it itchy or cause break outs. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, my face looks so much different after I've applied it. I feel you can fully appreciate its value if you and were earlier using a lower quality powder (like the Body Shop's loose powder in my case) and then switch to CD. It does have a downside, however, it leaves my rather oily skin quite dry, I have the impression it will perform much better once the winter is over

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Capture Totale High Definition Loose Powder by Christian Dior in "bright light". By far the best loose powder I know although it`s ridiculously expensive and the chunky container only contains a tiny quantity (on the other hand you get an extra brush together with the puff which is durable and very useful). The powder itself is simply gorgeous stuff. It melts into your skin like a nurturing treatment, leaving nothing but even, glowing skin instead of a dusty, chalky layer. Nobody can tell that you`re wearing powder and nevertheless you achieve a flawless complexion. It seems to erase wrinkles and pores. I can even do without any foundation beneath, just a bit of concealer is enough and that means a lot as I have often problems with spots. I also find it extremely long-lasting - no touch-ups are neccessary during the day though my skin tends to be oily. This would be my hg if it weren`t that expensive.