Bobbi Brown Powder Blush in Sandstone

4.4

on 2/28/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

At first, I didn't really like this blush after I brought it home. It didn't really show up on my at all...or so I thought. I just didn't know how to apply it. I was using a duo fiber brush and it was just too light. After using Ecotools blush brush, it was a more pronounced color on me. And I like it! It's very natural. I really prefer matte blushes, so this is just my type. I also use Sandstone as a contour with an angled blush brush. So it has more than one use. Obviously, I do not use them at the same time. I appreciate multifunctioning products. Bobbi Brown powder blushes are build-able. They're a fine powder and I would definitely purchase another shade over Sandstone. Overall, I like this blush, but I don't think I will be repurchasing it. I don't contour enough to have this as a staple either.

on 8/22/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am so happy with this new blush purchase. I just bought it but can already tell it will be a great staple in my makeup toolkit. :D It's definitely the most sophisticated feeling blush...very smooth and finely milled, not at all sparkly - it's matte. It really reminds me of pale cocoa, but not "brown", and not warm at all either. Cocoa strikes me as a cool color, so that's why i'm inclined to use that word for this shade of tan. It's not warm at all, and won't oxidize on most skin tones.
It's a great price, based on the fact that it's high-quality and would easily surpass or rival NARS in quality. It's $22 for a square compact that has a clear top and is sensible/practical. I think now you can pop the pan out, if you have a BB palette, and use the pan alone. I won't be doing that, so i haven't really checked to see how it's done.

The best part that most concerned me was whether it would show up on my dark skin. I didn't want something that would be SO dark, but i also didn't want an exact shade match. While i do have fairly dark skin, this blush shows up in a subtle way. It's cool, so it contrasts a bit with my warm undertones. I also tend to look ruddy, so i wanted to make sure it would counter that. Additionally, I *prefer* a very subtle blush, because i hate obvious blush on me. I feel like i need the "kid proof" form of blush, where i'm better off swiping the blush a few times to build it, rather than having an obvious color payoff after a mere touch of the blush to my skin. I like the option to build, personally.

This is a current, somewhat new blush in the BB line, from what i've read. I think it's not in danger of being discontinued! I hope not. Some possible comparisons might be....MAC Emote, MAC Strada, maybe LM Crushed Hazelnut (as it appears on lighter skin tones).

on 3/12/2010 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The quality of Bobbi Brown blushes are phenominal, but Sandstone unfortunately didn't work for me. I could just not get it to show up on my cheeks at all and I only have fairish to light medium skin. I will stick to her blush in Tawny.

on 10/12/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

BB makes some magic blushes. They look dull, lifeless, and fugly in the pan, but totally morph into something awesome on your skin. This is one of those. I'm MMM medium beige with yellow undertones, BB Warm Natural in winter and Honey in summer. My favorite BB blushes are Coral and Posey, and the blush that matches my own flush exactly is Desert Rose. I bought this when I had a fake tan and didn't like it. Went on muddy and made my face look dirty. But now that I'm back to natural winter pale, I love it. BB describes this as a "Medium Soft Tan", but thats only what it looks like before it touches your skin. This dull, brown, matte powder turns into a medium, matte but not dry bronzy pinkish rose on my skin. Its easily buildable without looking chalky or obvious. Looks very natural alone, and works great as a contour color without being obvious, and for pairing with my other 2 favorites on the apples of my cheeks. The reason its a 4 is because it also fades a bit during the day when worn alone and doesn't have the staying power of some of her others. Glides on smooth, doesn't accentuate my large pores, and doesn't change color on my oily skin.

on 4/2/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the only BB blush I own and at first I wasn't too thrilled about getting it because it looks like a dull nude blush; but surprisingly, it looks amazing on. It really gives me a natural flush of colour and makes me look lively. A very neutral colour that goes with any lipstick and eyeshadow. The lasting power is good and the texture silky smooth! The colour brilliant and very versatile! It doesn't make me look muddy/dirty nor opque brown. It's one of my FAVOURITE blushes! Will definitely purchase again when finished. Kudos to BB for not testing on animals. Will purchase of BB products from now onwards.

on 10/21/2004 3:28:00 PM

What a fabulous colour. I got this in a fall Style File and promptly put it away after looking at it. It looked so brown in the pan, and not too cute. But last week, in a fit of wanting to try something new, I decided to pull it out and try it on. Wow! What a great colour. On my PPP skin it is not brown or dull or to dark or anything. A perfectly natural colour. Very natural, very pretty.

on 3/24/2004 2:36:00 PM

Another outstanding blush from Bobbi Brown: great texture, great staying power, great color.

Sandstone looks like a medium, dull brown in the pan, but goes on quite sheer; it looks perfectly natural on me, just the slightest hint of color. Love it!

on 11/14/2003 10:33:00 AM

I love this blush! It really compliments my light skin tone because my skin has a lot of golden undertones to it. I think this looks more natural on me then most pink blushes. I can definitely see how this blush wouldn’t work for everyone though. This blush is definitely a try-on-before-you-buy shade.

on 10/9/2003 5:15:00 AM

Sandstone is an absolutely beautiful color that I will be wearing this fall. It is a tan shade that gives me a warmer glow to my skin. I'm an LLL and I tend to look washed out easily and this blush definitely counteracts that. I do have to make sure that I use a light hand. If I apply too much, it makes me look a tad bit too dark and unnatural.

on 8/1/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm giving BB's "Sandstone" blush 3 lippies because I like it as an eyeshadow wash, but not as a blush. (As a blush, I would have only given it 2, plus wouldn't purchase again.) Like the reviewer before me, this light brown color just made my LLL face look dirty and so not flattering. It comes in the Style File (Fall 2003) set from NM, but is a regular item in the BB line.

Popular Blush Products