Laura Mercier Lip Glace

3.8

on 2/8/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best lipgloss I have ever come across. The formula is thick so it lasts a long time (as in through eating and drinking) but it isn't tacky so it's unbelievably comfortable. The color comes off as sheer to buildable coverage and the shine is not overbearing but also not muted. I have the colors Tulip and Rose. Tulip is a medium pink with just the slightest hint of purple in it and is like a shade that would make anyone's lips just look healthier. It's incredible and beautiful. Rose is a light subtle rosy red shade that has golden microshimmer in it. It is also absolutely beautiful and amazing. I would recommend this 100% because while it is expensive, it is the best lip gloss out there.

Before I tried this lip gloss, I absolutely hated all lip glosses. I thought that they were all too sticky, goopy, and messy. Plus, lip gloss reminded me of middle school, which makes me think of bright pink sparkles with an artificial fruit scent (and possibly flavor). However, when I got the lip glace (in blush) in my sephora 'give me more lip' set, I figured that I might as well try it out. I am so glad that I did. Blush is a really flattering pinkish brown color that gives the perfect amount of shine to my lips, and is pretty moisturizing. The gloss is not too sticky, and even when the shine wear off, the color still manages to stay on my lips. It also has a nice scent, which is slightly sweet, but not in a makes-you-want-to-gag sort of way. I don't think I'll be converting from lipsticks to lip glosses, but I know that once I run out, I am definitely buying another.

on 12/5/2014 4:29:00 AM

After spending a week with an awful head cold and not being able to take anything for it as I'm 22 weeks pregnant, I went looking for a treat, I was in Space Nk, and I think the Christmas spirit, bright lights and germs were seriously impacting on my judgement. I swatched a couple on my hand (black cherry and cosmic) and was nothing short of in love! Black cherry, was a really lovely rich, sexy cherry shade, nice level of pigmentation... one of the reasons why I moved away from glosses years ago was I was tired of spending shed loads on glosses that essentially had no colour in at all- yes Mac solved that but I digress... (overly strong vanilla scent/ finding it on my teeth).
Cosmic was stunning, shinny and shimmery, I could imagine it looking nice as a top coat over a lippie, or on its own for a down day.

I cracked, bought both.... got home... and wondered what on earth I had done! some how on my lips Black cherry didn't have the pigmentation I loved in the shop, was very sheer, the other, Cosmic, had lost its high impact shine and had become very average, discreet... nothing special....

Gutted really. Should have known better, no I dont want to have beams of glitter coming off my face, but surely the whole point of a gloss is that its shiny, Bobbi brown and Chanel are far far better!

I can't comment on the smell as I still can't smell anything! I mean they are ok, if they stayed the same as in the shop id be happy but in real life away from bright lights, you would get the same affect for a lot less.

on 8/3/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i am editing my review, at first i gave it a 4/5 because the color was a flattering peachy-pink (i was disappointed, though, that it showed up sheerer on my lips compared to swatching it on my hand) but i am downgrading it. the first few times i wore it it was very moisturizing but after the 3rd time wearing it for a few hours, my lips started to flake. it looked really gross because the flakes were more pigmented than my lips (i guess because they absorbed more of the lip gloss?) i've never had a gloss actually make my lips flake, usually they are pretty moisturizing on me. i think this gloss is a waste of money, it's not very pigmented and nothing really special that couldn't easily be duped. my revlon super lustrous gloss im wearing right now is way better and it cost less than a quarter of the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have this in Bare Naked, and it has served as yet another reminder of the money I have wasted on drugstore products in search of a similar color when overall the $25 gloss probably would have been a better deal (even if $25 is ridiculous for a gloss, especially one in which the ingredients do nothing to justify the price.)

However, Bare Naked is a great neutral beige that has just enough pigment that it gives them a silky nude glaze while still allowing a bit of my natural lip pigment to shine though. I've been wanting a gloss like this for forever. The fact that it is neutral is a huge deal to me because I have long fought the battle of too warm nudes and too cool nudes. Too warm and they look orange on me, too cool and I look dead. I have sort of come to learn that in terms of certain colors like nudes and reds, it is much much easier to find true neutrals amongst high end lines. In drugstore lines you will get lucky and find maybe 1 among the whole freaking line.

This gloss goes on slick but not greasy, feels soft and moisturizing and has a good amount of lasting power. It's not sticky in the slightest. It leaves me lips feeling really moisturized even as it starts to wear off. Bare Naked has super duper fine shimmer through out but it isn't really detectable on my lips, it just gives the color sort of a glow.

$25 price tag aside I really love this gloss in this particular shade and am so glad I found it.

on 1/24/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First, I hate the color that I bough, my fault. But it's so pigmented, doesnt stick, nothin to complain. Love this one, gonna try to by another color

on 1/4/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in "Bare Pink" and it's my HG gloss right now!! Very moisturizing and long lasting, gorgeous color payoff, and beautiful shimmer-free shine. It's not sticky at all. I could kiss somebody with this on. Plus it has a lovely warm vanilla scent to it.

on 12/22/2013 2:51:00 PM

I have this product both in Bare Naked and in Bare Pink. They hardly show up on my lips, so they really are there to add a subtle sheen. Bare Naked does impart a somewhat nude color onto the lips, but Bare Pink just goes on clear. The lip gloss is not sticky at all (definite plus) but I do not see any other spectacular effect to justify such a high price for a lip gloss. I am glad I have two nice sample sizes, but I will not be repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I purchased this in Bare Pink- a clear, cream baby pink that is neither warm or cool. It does not contain any shimmer or glitter which is what I prefer in these types of colours.

These glosses are scented with a caramelly-vanilla which is hindered by the undertone of lanolin. Usually I cannot tolerate lanolin but if the gloss is good enough I can deal with it. It does go away after a few minutes and there is no discernable taste.

I am drawn to baby pinks and nudey peaches because I like the way they blank out my lips when I wear a smokey cat eye. This is quite sheer but still shows true to colour and still gives me the effect that I want.
It lasts a few hours, not common for a gloss, and is also moisturising, which I attribute to the lanolin partially.

I have been quite surprised with the quality of most of Laura Mercier's products, particularly her glosses and eye shadows in general and this is no exception.
It cost somewhere around the mid $30 mark, but I think it's ok given it contains 4.5g of gloss and is moisturising.

Will definately repurchase, possibly other colours as well.

on 11/23/2013 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a smallish tube of this that came with my Sephora lip set. It's the color, "Bare Pink". I think this looks great both worn alone and paired with other lipcolors I own. The consistency is not sticky/tacky which is a plus. I find it to be long lasting for a gloss. This is the only gloss I own from Laura Mercier, so I'm not sure what the other pigments are like. This particular one is not highly pigmented, but it's not supposed to be; it's a baby pinkish color. I suppose the best gloss to compare it to as far as color and level goes is NARS in Turkish Delight (which also came in the set). I would choose this one if faced with the choice to repurchase. Once I run out of both of these, I will most likely buy this one again. Definitely a must have for everyday wear or if you're into the nude (Kim Kardashian) lip.

Recommended for Medium Skin