August 29, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Amethyst Shimmer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I am no doubt betraying my age when I disclose that I first bought this lipstick 28 years ago! It is an 80s classic - violet-pink and slightly frosted. I am giving it three lippies purely for nostalgia, but to be honest it never really suited me then and it still doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect to like this shade. I had looked at it many times in the tube and thought it was a pretty color that would not be so pretty once you put it on due to the shimmer. However, this did not make me look as elderly as I expected! The shimmer is there, but it doesn't scream retirement home. The color is bold against my very fair skin, but in a pretty, wearable way. I'm glad I bought this after lusting for it for so long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I broke my no buy for this and it was worth it! I notice this is a favourite with medium/olive/darker skintones but it works beautifully with my paler complexion. Somehow it really livens up my face. A great colour for the Autumn/Winter. I apply it full on, no dabbing for me! I got lots if compliments for it.

Now for the not so good (but not disastrous!). I find this a little dragging when applying it. It lasts reasonably well but is quite drying when it wears off. Still not enough to put me off wearing it, repurchasing or recommending it to other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Favorite lipstick, I wear this almost everyday, I do blot it down tho, so it's more of a stain than really lipsticky looking, but still great. I have very yellow undertoned skin and never knew what colours would work on me, but this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- they changed the formula! it is waxier, less pigmented, a bit drying! before it was perfect! why??!?! i have 2 backup tubes to compare my recent (3rd) tube to, and there is definitely a difference. ---

It is a beautiful violet-pinkish colour that is the perfect balance of subtle brightness--elegant, not too in-your-face, but not dull either.
The best thing is it has this subtle iridiscence and duochrome effect... Very subtle but it's there. It really lifts the face and looks gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by eyelove

I love this color, it looks great on my medium/tan skintone and is not overbearing, could work for a night or day look. The staying power isn't great but definitely above average for a drug store product. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel lipstick in amethyst shimmer is a frosty girly pink not dark not light,because of the fost it has quite good staying power so you stil have a slight stain even when it wears away,i use this colour mailny in the summer as it looks great on brown olivey or tan skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ok, when I buy the lipstick, I buy the actual bullet and not the fancy container. The container is nothing if the product doesn't make you look gorgeous.

this lipstick makes me look gorgeous (if that's possible anymore) -- but I try. It is deep, and yet alive -- it dresses up my lips for evenings out and for days when I do my navy black looks. Just fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Stonebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, bright wine/plum/dark fuschia color that pops on brown complexions. It comes off as a vivd berry and is quite wearable; a chestnut liner will tone it down if the color is too bright for your tastes.

The texture is creamy but not luxurious, so I layer it over well balmed lips. I also thought it smelled wonderful - slightly floral or fruity.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by amethystglow

A scarlet fushia colour, great for the fall. Due to my pale skin I have to dab it on lightly since it is a very bold colour. A great product.