August 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Eyes - Rimmel - Trio Eyeshadow- Velvet

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a cracking trio from Rimmel. I will say now that it is discontinued, but it can still be found online. The colours you get are as follows; an off-white highlight, a light taupe for all over lid and a plum purple for crease and/or eyeliner. I'm very impressed with the colour pay-off. Rimmel eyeshadows aren't known for their pigmentation, but these are really rather decent. They aren't shimmery - I'd say they have more of a satin finish. I found them easy to blend and very smooth. Also Rimmel haven't been stingy as you get a generous amount of each. The shades work well with my cool tones and green eyes - makes them pop. The packaging is bulky and isn't the most attractive thing in the world to look at, but it's what's inside that counts! So yep, a hit from Rimmel which is worth hunting down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by DuskyJewel

I bought this on a whim as I had not tried any Rimmel products. WOW! The shadow goes on smoothly and feels very soft. The color is buildable, so increasing intensity was very easy. The are the colors wonderful (vanilla-cream; taupe; eggplant-burgandy) and have slightest bit of shimmer that makes them fine for daytime wear.

What really kills me though is that they actually lasted creasing for at least 7 hours. I am a woman of color with very oily skin and have never had an e/s look as good even an hour later much less after the office Christmas party. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I was stunned. The colors were still there, although a bit subdued. No slippage, no creasing, no greasy look. I did not touch up at all.

I got compliments up the wazoo -- and I have even worn the same sort of colors in a different brand. I have not tried them wet, but if this is any indication of Rimmel's quality, I am back to Walgreen's to buy them out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 8:19:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic Trio. Something between matte + shimmer that is very flattering. Love the deep eggplant/burgandy for lining, mid-tone is a lovely light taupe, and the base color is just right vanilla. Super with the Rimmel Chianti E/L.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MeredithP1

WOW!!

Last year I really got into eyeshadow and high-end makeup. Whould've thought that $800 later I would find my holy grail e/s at Walmart of all places? My roommate left this trio behind when she moved and I tried it out one night when I had nothing to do. I ended up going out at the last minute and I got more compliments on my eyes than I've ever gotten!! People were asking me if I'd have a makeover at a dept. store. lol. I know right away I had a winner with this trio.

The velvet trio has a pale cream/beige shade, a medium taupe, and an eggplant/purple shade. These shadows feels soft like some of the MAC shadows, and what I really think makes this trio unique is the perfect amount of shimmer in the shadows. Its not overpowering or gritty like an Urban Decay shadow. There is just enough that it plays with the light and doesn't look chalky on your lids.

This is perfect for green eyes!! I gaurantee you will be smokin' hot with this trio. If you are looking for a softer smokey eye that oozes sexy, check this out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this has a pale white shimmer, a goldish brown shimmer and dk. purple shadow in this trio. All are really pretty colors and blend well together. I love rimmel shadows in that they last long and the pigment is rich. Also cheap too. This trio is a fave of mine