September 1, 2014 | 2028 users online

Eyeliner - Bourjois - Blanc et Noire Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm... I bought this because obviously its black on one end and white on the other. Now the black is absulotely fine; but the white is a bit shimmery which I hate. I'd prefer it matte so that you can apply it to your waterline. The white doesn't go on as great as the black... Can't really apply it to your waterline... Shimmer ruins it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to get a white pencil liner, but I new I wasn't going to use it often, so I decided to go for this one which included the black.
It probably smudges like crazy if you use it on the upper lid. I only use it on the waterline and by the end of the day all of it is gathered up in my inner corner or under my lower lashline.

Both sides are very pigmented, but as I said, the colour doesn't last. I never use the white one because it looks terribly fake and it sets on my lower lashes. The black is almost finished, so I'll just get ridd of it and buy something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Saucygirl

Yeah.

I kind of hate this pencil. It's a cute idea, and I love those, but it just doesn't work for me. Like everyone else has said, it smudges way too much. I have very deep set eyes, so I thought the white coupled with the black would make my eyes stand out, but no. I tried lining the inside rims of my lower eyelid with the white, with that then outlined in black. The colors are too stark placed next to each other and the black bleeds into the white, making it gray. Not a good look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

meh.

Good texture and very black/white. I bought this for a Punk look which I had to do for a client. It worked fine for that because both sides of the pencil is very easy to apply and smudge -- and then it keeps on smudging.

Not even black ES on top made it stop... finally I had to go over all of the black with my BB Black gel.

grrr.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really, really wanted to like this product. It glides on really smoothly without any pulling of the lids and it was very easy to get a nice smoky look with the black end, just what i was looking for in an eye pencil. Unfortunately, the creamy texture smudges like crazy, it is completely un-usable as the colour smudges less than 15 mins once it's on my lids. Disappointing product, will not repurchase. I have to qualify that i've got extremely oily lids and live in a tropical country as well and so it's pretty impossible to prevent smudging.
Update: Found the perfect use for the black end of the pencil - as a base for dark eye makeup. The colour spread beautifully and coupled with green shadow on top, blended out pretty nicely as a smokey look on my medium, asian skin tone. I think this pencil should be better marketed as a cream eyeshadow than an eyeliner, judging by its extremely creamy formula. I'm just happy i've found a gd use to the pencil, thanks to the tip from xteeener's utube vids.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by ellefruit

Black liner: Very soft, strong colour. Super easy to apply and very manageable. Perhaps a little too soft - easy to over-apply and smudges very easily.

White liner: Again great colour. Slightly firmer than the black - perfect for application and great stay-on power. Shows up amazingly well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by shuz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was one of my first eyeliners so I loved that I got a black and a white eyeliner in a single product. Both colors are very creamy and pigmented, so a little goes a long way and it's easy to apply.

What I really, really hated though was that the black liner smudges like crazy. Even though I don't have oily lids, I had to whip out a mirror and wipe away the smudges every two hours or so, and by the end of the day, there's practically no liner left around my eyes.

I still use the white end occasionally to brighten up my inner corners, but I definitely will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mistral789

-review changed-
I didn't realise how unsatisying this product was. The white fades so quickly as well as the black and smudges like mad. The price is nice and cheap but I'd only recommend getting it if you need a cheap product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by bananatr0n

SMUDGES like no other.

i like how it initially applies - dark and bold line for the black side + bright white.. but in less than 2 seconds, i already have smudging and raccoon eyes forming.. that's just insane.

i'll test it out with UDPP and see if it helps.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

Using this eyeliner reminded me why I use expensive eyeliners, After 5 minutes it was smudging under my eyes from my top lids. I must add I have found this to be the case with all Bourjois eyeliners. Never picking up this or any of their other liners again, but the concept of the black and white on either end is nice.