Maybelline Eye Contour Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/22/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The angled eyeliner brush I've been looking for! It did a great job lining my upper eye with gel liner, creating a very even thin line and letting me push liner into my lashline from above. Only problem is that I haven't figured out how to wing out the eyeliner without it coming out thick and clumsy.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased this brush from ebay based on the MUA reviews for the bargain basement price of $1.98! Thus, I immediately purchased 2 brushes so even before the brushes arrived I was already very happy and excited about my haul. I should preface my review by saying that this is my first angle eyeliner brush so I am very much a novice when using this brush to apply eyeliner. The brush it is quite soft, adequately dense & stiff, picks up just the right amount of product, and after six months of use, I think I finally have the mastered how to use this brush for eyeliner but it isn't my favorite eyeliner brush. I much prefer my Bare Escentuals Flat Edge Liner Brush, however, I do use this brush daily to apply eyeshadow to fill in my brows and this brush excels at this task and I am very very happy with my purchase.

on 4/21/2008 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this off ebay for $3 including shipping!! I absolutely love it too. I use it with my L'Oreal HIP color truth cream eyeliner and it works perfectly. I only put eyeliner on my lower waterline which can be a sensitive area and this is so soft and gentle and distributes the color very well. I also use this for tightlining my upper and lower lids and it does the job so well! I've never been able to pull off tightlining and it was because I didn't have a good enough brush! I highly recommend this brush, in fact I'm looking for a second one so I can have one for the gel liner and one for tightlining with loose shadows!

on 11/25/2007 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this with L'oreal HiP Cream Liner, and I am getting a nice line with practice. The fibers are stiff enough to provide a smooth line, but soft enough so that they don't hurt my eyelids.

on 10/10/2006 8:23:00 PM

Very good brush for the price and quality. Stiff bristles that don't shed. It doesn't work well for a precise line with black MAC e/s dry, because it isn't too precise. But I am rediscovering it with MAC fluidlines. Definitely recommend.

on 9/30/2006 10:17:00 PM

Bought this based on reviews and I haven't regretted it! I wouldn't have known its existence if it weren't for you gals, so thanks! I had a hard time finding it- finally found it at a Walgreens for 5.99. It's great for MAC fluidlines - stiff and thin enough to give you good control, yet not as harsh feeling as the MAC angled brush I've used at the MAC counter. I also have the Bobbi Brown ultrafine brush for BB gel liner, which I've used also to apply fluidlines, but even though I have that expensive brush ($18), I'd have to say I reach for this brush just as often.

on 9/17/2006 1:27:00 AM

This is a nice, stiff little brush. I love using it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes with a very light shadow. I haven't tried it for eyeliner yet, but I'll definitely have to give that a shot!

on 5/10/2006 6:20:00 PM

I got this for a dollar in the clearance bin at sav-ons!! and I love it for eyeliner. It's the perfect medium of soft and stiff. Sooo cheap compared to MAC's I'll have to try it with a fluid line to see how it goes. The only thing I find tacky is the plastic clear-ish dark blue body.

on 11/26/2005 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush.. i use this to apply mascara on lower lashes.. it coats every lashes without being goopy or spidery lash looking.. i also use this to line my upper lids as well.. the price is pretty decent ..around five bucks.. i would buy this again but i probably won't have to.. :)

on 10/28/2005 1:46:00 AM

This is the best brush for a great deal! Works just as good as my MAC eye brush. Lasts just as long! I leave it in my purse, and I'm sure the brush takes a good licking from all the other products crashing against its bristles.

Nevertheless, the brush hairs are in tip top shape! Great for filling in your brows using MAC eyeshadow palette. I use Concrete to fill in my dark brown / black brows.

Great deal for $4.99. I am never buying another MAC brush again!

Popular Makeup Brushes