September 3, 2014 | 1078 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Soft Kohl - Sable Brown

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by wubaduckie

This eyeliner was one of my first makeup items at a young teen. It's soft and doesn't tug at the eye too much. Brown also wasn't as harsh as black eyeliner so I could get away without looking like a panda because I find that it smudges onto my lower lid a little throughout the day but this is minimal. I like to use this on my upper lash line and the outer part of my lower lash line. I've used it on my waterline once and it works nicely but I'm not for lining my waterline with brown. This is also nice if you purposely smudge it for a smoky effect.

I would definitely repurchase this again and again because it's affordable and it works for me. It's also readily available here so all I have to do is go by the pharmacy or the supermarket to pick this up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

I love this color for my eyebrows, not too dark or too light.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand the low rating for this. You can't find many drugstore kajal pencils. this is the best for the waterline because it stays and I am still able to smudge it for the smokey look. The other ones are a bit pricey epecially when you have to sharpen a bit of it away. You can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color is lightish medium brown with a golden undertone. No red undertones thankfully. I'd recommend it as a natural daytime shade to flatter fair blondes and fair light brunettes or those with softer coloring. I like it better than dark browns or reddish browns, both of which make usually me look tired or ill. The texture applies smoothly and if I powder my oily lids first it stays put all day without fading or smearing. The pencil itself is wooden and easy to sharpen to a precise point and theres no stupid smudger on the end. Oh and its inexpensive too, what more could I ask for? I love this eyeliner. The only annoyance is the lid is one of those cheap plastic ones that crack if the lid is pushed on too hard. Cracked lids are a problem because they let air through to dry out and harden these nicely textured pencils. I often have to replace these lids with an spare metal one to prevent this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Considering I have a million eyeliners and currently have only a tiny nub left of this particular one, I'd say I like it. It glides on smoothly with no tugging and lasts a good 8 hours with no smudging. It's a slightly warm-toned brown that is very flattering on my gray eyes. For $3 it's a total steal. I'll keep buying this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG eyeliner, and I hardly ever label anything as my 'HG'!
Being pale and blonde, black often looks too harsh for daytime so brown works best. I love how soft it is and how it doesn't drag. It's very easy to smudge yet still lasts a long time. I've used Rimmel eye pencils for years now and they've never let me down. Cheap and reliable, It's the one I always reach for and I couldn't be without it.
I'm still on the lookout for Ginger Tea. I want it so bad!

EDIT - My HG has now changed. Ooh fickle. It's still a Rimmel eyeliner - though now it's 'Stormy Grey'. Sable Brown is still nice though!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner because it was already cheap, and I had bought a Rimmel bronzer and Rimmel was 50% off that day. So this ended up costing me about $1.50. I used it and was surprised at how soft it was. Almost too soft. I will normally smudge pencil eyeliner, but I felt like smudging this with a brush ended up just making it too thin. I wasn't wearing any eyeshadow that day, but I feel like this would have just blended right into it! I was luckily going for a no makeup look so I wasn't too upset that my eyeliner wasn't pigmented, but I was still a bit confused. This wouldn't show up on my waterline either! I mean, you can barely tell I was wearing it. So, this eyeliner isn't the best. It's too soft so it doesn't show up. But it wasn't a total waste. I'll use it on those days when I want a "no makeup" look but still want a little for confidence. Probably will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by sarahturtle3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally heard about this product on youtube, from Ingrid, or missglamorazzi. She raved about this eyeliner, and at the time I was looking for a good brown eyeliner to use on my waterline for everyday use. I was very happy with this product once I tried it! I was a little skeptical of it at first, since it only cost about 3 dollars, but it is such good quality for the money! It is the perfect natural brown color, and the formula is very soft and smooth, perfect for gliding on my waterline. Its staying power is not the best, I found myself reapplying once throughout the day, but that is hardly an inconvenience. All in all, this is a wonderful product for the money, and I will be a repeat buyer once mine runs out! Also, there are many different, less standard eyeliner colors to choose from in this product, such as jade green , violet, pink, and royal blue. One of my favorite eyeliners, and would deffinately recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hellobri

I wanted a brown eyeliner because black can be harsh on my eyes and make them look to dark, so i got this and i love it! Its so soft, glides on so smooth and easy to blend. I use it on my upper lash line and it lasts all day on me, i sometimes set it with a eyeshadow but even if i didnt it would last all day, I would buy this again no doubt.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Ivyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product assuming that it would do the same job as any other, possibly higher priced, eyeliner. Line my eyes. And as it was cheaper (only by a bit) than, say, the Revlon Colorstay liner I figured I'd get my eyes lined and that would be that. Well I should have spent the extra few, what, cents? And bought the colorstay cause this crap doesn't last an hour. My previous liner, L'oreal's H.I.P in black lasts throughout the whole day, even when I was working in the orchard picking cherries and sweating my face off. Whereas this stuff won't last a trip in the car. I will say the color suited my blue eyes very very nicely but that's about the only positive point I can offer. ps. I listed this as expensive because 5$ to me is a lot for something that doesn't do it's job.